Quantcast

We are all riding this weekend

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
Lets do another ride this Sunday piedmont fellas. Im game for the Greensboro DJ/Urban tour again, or we could go on a little fishing expedition. Whos game?

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
How bout a fishing trip, I dont think any of us have been out there for a while. Plus I need to get back no my big bike, its been too long...

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
i work on sunday and by the time i get off (430) it'll be too dark since the time changes this weekend.

however.....i took a 12' X 2' bridge out to the lake the other day (shoulder still bruised from carrying it all the way to the broken drop....it's friggin heavy).

i'm gonna try and rebuild it as soon as i can. i plan on making the drop just a little bit lower, mainly because the bridge that i took out there isn't long enough to support a super tall drop and i'm definitely not putting that bouncy ladder run-up back up...that thing was sketchy and it's all rotted out now. i'll try to figure out how to make it modular so we can adjust the height of it.....so any help is welcome as i failed shop class ;)

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
T-Pirate said:
Come to pisgah you pussies. Thats what I'm doing, should be headed up black mtn and the like.
Last weekend, we left from the ranger station climbed up to Black Mountain, then hit up thrift cove, climbed back up grass road and rode Sycamore. It was super dry, gravel slick, and bumpy.
Fun. :thumb:

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
T-Pirate said:
Come to pisgah you pussies. Thats what I'm doing, should be headed up black mtn and the like.
ummm, it's definitely gonna snow this weekend. At least that's what "they" tell me. I'm not ready for snow yet.

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
manimal said:
i'm gonna try and rebuild it as soon as i can. i plan on making the drop just a little bit lower, mainly because the bridge that i took out there isn't long enough to support a super tall drop and i'm definitely not putting that bouncy ladder run-up back up...that thing was sketchy and it's all rotted out now. i'll try to figure out how to make it modular so we can adjust the height of it.....so any help is welcome as i failed shop class ;)
I talked to one of the main builders out there (not gonna say a name here but you know him) and he said that they planned on rebuilding it about twice as tall. If I were you I'd build yours off to the side or something, so it doesnt get in the way of theirs, or just call them.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
escapeartist said:
I talked to one of the main builders out there (not gonna say a name here but you know him) and he said that they planned on rebuilding it about twice as tall. If I were you I'd build yours off to the side or something, so it doesnt get in the way of theirs, or just call them.
hmmm, they've been talking about doing that for over a year....seems like they gave up out there as everything is falling apart.

anyhoo....i'll take it somewhere else and build it, it's frustrating how everything keeps being built bigger and crazier which leaves no room for new people to learn it. you don't know how many times i've asked someone getting into the sport to try some of the stuff and it just freaks them out because there's nothing small enough to learn on.

the fun : danger ratio's are getting stupid now. i used to be all about going huge but now i'd rather have fun off of medium sized stuff than risk being out of work to show off.

just my $.02. i'll let you know what and where i build.

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
manimal said:
hmmm, they've been talking about doing that for over a year....seems like they gave up out there as everything is falling apart.

anyhoo....i'll take it somewhere else and build it, it's frustrating how everything keeps being built bigger and crazier which leaves no room for new people to learn it. you don't know how many times i've asked someone getting into the sport to try some of the stuff and it just freaks them out because there's nothing small enough to learn on.

the fun : danger ratio's are getting stupid now. i used to be all about going huge but now i'd rather have fun off of medium sized stuff than risk being out of work to show off.

just my $.02. i'll let you know what and where i build.
I totally agree. It took me two years to hit that stunt originally. I think they actually are going to build it up, but it might not be for a while cause they're re-doing their DJ spot.

Maybe you could put it by the table to the left of the run in, there was a little super sketchy stump drop there for a while. It also might be able to go at the run-in for the big right handed hip, or maybe we could start working on the jamaca-me-crazy line again.

downhill66

Monkey
Aug 23, 2005
doing somthing....
manimal said:
i work on sunday and by the time i get off (430) it'll be too dark since the time changes this weekend.

however.....i took a 12' X 2' bridge out to the lake the other day (shoulder still bruised from carrying it all the way to the broken drop....it's friggin heavy).

i honestly think you should make it a jump up on to it. im not kidding ethier.:thumb:

downhill66

Monkey
Aug 23, 2005
doing somthing....
Alex im calling u tonight about the Swift show. but sun i think we should do what we did last week. i wont be able to ride till about 12 30 though, i think i call u about that later though.