Quantcast

We are winning the war on drugs!

Samirol

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2008
By using as many as we can

http://rawstory.com/news/afp/Americans_are_world_s_top_drug_user_07012008.html

Americans are world's top drug users: study

Americans are the world's top consumers of cannabis and cocaine despite punitive US drug laws, according to an international study published in the online scientific magazine PLoS Medicine.

The study, released Monday, revealed that 16.2 percent of Americans had tried cocaine at least once, and 42.4 percent had used marijuana.

In second-place New Zealand, just 4.3 percent of study participants had used cocaine, and 41.9 percent marijuana.

The research was conducted at the University of New South Wales in Sydney, based on World Health Organization data from 54,068 people in 17 countries.

Rates of participation differed from country to country, and researchers noted uncertainty over how honestly people report their own drug use.

"Nevertheless, the findings present comprehensive data on the patterns of drug use from national samples representing all regions of the world," a PLoS statement said.

A vast majority of survey participants from the United States, Europe, Japan and New Zealand had consumed alcohol, compared to smaller percentages from the Middle East, Africa and China.

The data also revealed socioeconomic patterns in drug use. Single young adult men with high income had the greatest tendency to regularly use drugs.

Drug use "does not appear to be simply related to drug policy," the researchers wrote, "since countries with more stringent policies toward illegal drug use did not have lower levels of such drug use than countries with more liberal policies."

In the Netherlands, where drug policy is more liberal than the United States, 1.9 percent of survey participants said they had used cocaine and 19.8 percent marijuana.

Twelve US 12 states including California permit medical use of marijuana, but possession and use remains prohibited under federal law.

And despite the US government's massive anti-drug efforts, the United States remains the world's top drug market, one amply supplied by South American cartels.

The US Drug Enforcement Agency has observed ever larger quantities of illegal drugs pouring into the country.

"We are seizing greater quantities of illegal drugs than ever before," said a DEA statement last week.

In 2007, agents seized 41 metric tons of cocaine in just two raids, and denied drug traffickers record-breaking revenue of 3.5 billion dollars for the year, it said.
Apparently deterrence by tough sentences isn't working, who would have known?

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
And despite the US government's massive anti-drug efforts, the United States remains the world's top drug market, one amply supplied by the CIA.
Yeah I guess, how else would they find the money to bribe leaders and start parliamentary unsanctioned wars all over the world?

Samirol

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2008
this thread has some major ****in racist **** going on
is this the kkk board
learn to identify fakeposting, he doesn't really want to throw mexicans and blacks in jail and I responded to his joking comment with a joking comment.

on a related note, the KKK's main website has some hilarious html issues www.kkk.bz

bwolmarans

Monkey
Aug 23, 2006
The Angels, Kalifornia
learn to identify fakeposting, he doesn't really want to throw mexicans and blacks in jail and I responded to his joking comment with a joking comment.

on a related note, the KKK's main website has some hilarious html issues www.kkk.bz

No **** sherlock - so what if the humor is "joking racism" or "fake post" it's still the wrong direction. Too much borderline hate humor very obvious where the posters mind is at. On topic as far as the war on drugs, Chris Rock said it best the man only wants you to buy his drugs.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
I refuse to believe only 41.9% of Kiwis have tried dope.
There was a show on while I was in NZ where they interviewed a NZ customs officer, and asked him what the stupidest thing he'd seen people try to smuggle in.

"Marijuana," he says. "Why not try and smuggle a sheep in, too, while you're at it?"

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
No **** sherlock - so what if the humor is "joking racism" or "fake post" it's still the wrong direction. Too much borderline hate humor very obvious where the posters mind is at. On topic as far as the war on drugs, Chris Rock said it best the man only wants you to buy his drugs.
No man, not these guys, the're really against that type of smallmindedness, they even went after me once (when I was talking about that mulatto ex chief of defence, forgot his name again..."the peace dove") and I have a black dude on my avatar. I know Silver and there's no way, his dad was so much against the clan that he wouldn't affiliate him and his family in any way with them. So Silver grew up in a house without sheets.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Actually, it was a comment that pointed out, using satire as a vehicle, that the war on drugs has much more of an adverse effect on minorities, while at the same time pointing out the fact that racism is still very alive and very well in this country.

Or, maybe I just hate beaners and spooks. I dunno...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Actually, it was a comment that pointed out, using satire as a vehicle, that the war on drugs has much more of an adverse effect on minorities, while at the same time pointing out the fact that racism is still very alive and very well in this country.

Or, maybe I just hate beaners and spooks. I dunno...

I think this thread really points out your hatred of retards.

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
this thread has some major ****in racist **** going on
is this the kkk board
"Kiwi" isn't a race. They don't merit that distinction.

(Has anyone else seen the "Flight of the Conchords" episode with the anti-New Zealander racism?? :rofl: )

So are you asian or female?

Either way, you're talking a serious lack in package.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
here, i'll clue you in. do a search on all of silver's posts in here and you'll get the picture. silver is not saying, "lets put all the blacks/mexicans in jail." he IS saying, "the drug war is designed to put all the blacks/mexicans in jail." as a new guy here you might want to do some background on the locals before you go rattling off on your high horse. if anyone here is labeled a racist is should be those friggin cops who post in here all the time with their backwoods ideology and religious dogma.

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
I hear he chose his screen name because he's always struck by the shimmery color of the cold moonlight off his robes, right before he lights the cross.

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
I thought it was "41.9% of Kiwis were smoking dope THIS VERY INSTANT."
Ah, there's always difficulty translating from Kiwi. The lack of vowels and polite deference leaves things open-ended.

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
You're disclosing classified information to goyim. I will have to report this.

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
We need our war on drugs, so that the dealers are ensured fair market value for their product