Quantcast

We couldn't ride every second (Kingdom VT pics)

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
In case you haven't caught one of the gazillion threads posted, Rob and I spent the long weekend in East Burke, VT, riding the Northeast Kingdom (check ride report thread for pics).Other than riding, we hit up some bike shops (one that specialized in 29ers and SS), the Louis Garneau factory outlet and Magic Hat Brewery.

Our "stash." Needless to say, we didn't starve on the trail:

Our B&B was very bike friendly:

The back side with the hot tub in the foreground (in the small building). Nothing feels better on sore muscles:

Honey, produce etc. all came from the property and the meat for breakfast was homemade too!

We took a ride to the B&B near some of the trailheads, where we met this guy:

More photos from the Wildflower Inn:

Some mountains off in the distance:

It wouldn't be VT without one of these:

Or Ben and Jerry's (though we quickly got the hell out due to an abundance of impatient soccer moms and obese children):

Some found art on the side of the road:

The only moose I saw!:

The Vermonster:

A Lake Champlain sunset in Burlington:

Some patriotic seamen (did Burley happen to visit Burlington this weekend???):

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Thats like 450 million dollars worth of power bars and gell.

Looks so nice up there, we have never made it that far east but the pictures are inspiring another road trip.

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
Where were you when you took the picture at Lake Champlain? Was that from the boathouse? I almost drove up there on Monday for the fireworks b/c my friend's dad had a boat right there at the waterfront. He was probably one of those patriotic guys you saw...

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
dogwonder said:
Where were you when you took the picture at Lake Champlain? Was that from the boathouse? I almost drove up there on Monday for the fireworks b/c my friend's dad had a boat right there at the waterfront. He was probably one of those patriotic guys you saw...
Yup, right at the boathouse on the park by the aquarium.

And, Laura, we pooled our collective stash of Clif Bars (they seem to hide in corners and cupboards and that's what we came up with) wow!