Quantcast

The Kadvang

I rule
Apr 13, 2004
six five oh
chicodude01 said:
yea, my pops just chewed me out cause i wanted to trade my bike for a stinky
bummer. its hard to make parents understand what makes bikes different, but i sat down with my dad for an hour and now he completely understands, and is willing to trust my judgement on buying/selling new things... especially cuz its my money...

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
yea well my dad THINKS he knows everything there is to know about bikes. but he doesnt. he got me my current bike for my bday about a year ago, but ive built it up, and i want something better. but he doesnt get it, and he never will. :(

The Kadvang

I rule
Apr 13, 2004
six five oh
chicodude01 said:
yea well my dad THINKS he knows everything there is to know about bikes. but he doesnt. he got me my current bike for my bday about a year ago, but ive built it up, and i want something better. but he doesnt get it, and he never will. :(
rough... I feel your pain :(

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
My dad has accepted my ownership of the land of bikes...Its one of the few things he will concede to me in the "OMG I KNOW EVERYTHING" department.

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
So I just got back from a week-long road trip to Boulder, Colorado, with one of my buddies from school, and I found several things worthy of R3SP3CT. Here they be:

Mexicans pushing a broken truck in Salt Lake City.

Mormon Central, USA. Mormons are a little crazy, but their temple sure is nice.

A sh!tload of alcohol that mysteriously disappeared in only one night.

Girls beating dudes at beer pong.

My friend passed out on the kitchen table.

The graveyard, and that was only about half way thru the night. :D

Beer floats (not recommended for human consumption).

The crowd rushed the field after CU beat CSU in the first football game of the season.

A true fan.

This gigantic centipede got R3SP3CTed by the bottom of my buddy's shoe.

R3SP3CT the beer popsicle.

BITTER BEER FACE!!!

The world's biggest But-Her-Face. Soooo close to hotness, but yet so far.

R3SP3CT the free day-old bread at 3:00 am.

Gotta R3SP3CT the amazingly drunk white dude.

These gigantic summer training jumps for freestyle skiers (in Park City, Utah) garnered much R3SP3CT from all who witnessed the jumps' awesomeness.

R3SP3CT Shafter, Nevada.

The ghetto version of Beverly Hills. Nevada officially blows ass.

So now that I've just killed several users with dial-up connections, are there any questions?

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
xbluethunderx said:
Nevada DOES blow ass...You came to Salt Lake? I pity you sir...

Drunken Free Bread festival, did you feed birds?!?!
Salt Lake wasn't too bad actually. Mormons are a bit bland, but the city is super clean. The Olympic Park in Park City was pretty bad-ass though.

And no, we didn't feed the birds. We fed ourselves. :devil:

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
chicodude01 said:
I forgive you :devil:
I'd rather live in Utah then in Nevada...thats a pretty sad thing to say ;)

Oooooh and Arizona and New Mexico. I've decided there are indeed worse places than Utah.

I just noted the irony in having a picture of the Salt Lake Temple and then a pic of a fridge full of beer right beneath it... :D

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
dexterq20 said:
Salt Lake wasn't too bad actually. Mormons are a bit bland, but the city is super clean. The Olympic Park in Park City was pretty bad-ass though.

And no, we didn't feed the birds. We fed ourselves. :devil:
Salt Lake? Clean? Same sentence? WHAAA?!

Seriously, you thought it was clean? Interesting...I found SoCal to be much cleaner than Salt Lake, but then again, I've only been to the tourist trap-type areas. Downtown Salt Lake is sort of clean 1 because it's owned by the Mormon Mafia :blah: and 2 because nobody goes there anyways.

Shoulda come to Logan...much cooler here.

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
xbluethunderx said:
I'd rather live in Utah then in Nevada...thats a pretty sad thing to say ;)

Oooooh and Arizona and New Mexico. I've decided there are indeed worse places than Utah.

I just noted the irony in having a picture of the Salt Lake Temple and then a pic of a fridge full of beer right beneath it... :D
IMO, Nevada, Kansas, and the Dakotas are rather worthless. At least Utah has some dope mountains for skiing. And you can't forget Moab either.

The beer drinking actually took place in Boulder, not Utah. That's pretty funny though, I hadn't noticed that.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
chicodude01 said:
dude, do you have anything remotely close to tahoe in Utah? Are you allowed to gamble? I think not............
1. No, we have Powell...and Bear Lake...Tahoe is mostly in Cali anyways :nuts:

2. Why gamble when I can have 12 wives? :evil:

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
Nevada is really bitchin', but you have to go out of your way to find it. you dont really get the right idea by driving through. Nevada is only for the adventerous ( i cant spell)

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
xbluethunderx said:
1. No, we have Powell...and Bear Lake...Tahoe is mostly in Cali anyways :nuts:

2. Why gamble when I can have 12 wives? :evil:
Utah's ski resorts are about 10 times better than Tahoe's ski resorts. (It hurts me to say that.)

And dude, having 12 wives is a gamble.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
SHHH! THE NEIGHBORS DON'T KNOW!

Polygs are actually pretty frowned upon here...I did live near a bunch of them in Salt Lake, though. They were insane.

And yes, Utah's ski resorts own. If you stay away from Park City. Nothing beats Snowbird or Brighton.

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
xbluethunderx said:
And yes, Utah's ski resorts own. If you stay away from Park City.
What's the matter with Park City? Too much Olympic hype? From what I read, Park City has the best terrain parks in Utah, and a lot of big-name skiers call Park City their home mountain.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
They do have some decent terrain parks, but it's way overpriced, and they don't get as much powder as the 'Bird or Brighton. Brighton is more of a locals resort with killer runs, it's pretty cheap, very boarder friendly, no fancy Lodges though. My friend used to get free rides for a day from this lift operater if he brought him a bowl... Snowbird is more like Park City with more Posh lodges, more expensive than Brighton, but much better skiing than PC. And who couldn't forget that magnificent tram?!? Alta is supposedly decent, never skied there, but they don't allow boards and I've heard they sort of have an elitist attitude about them.

I've moved up to Logan though where all we've got is Beaver Mountain...The epitomy of a ghetto local resort :D

T-Pirate

RESPECT!
Sep 28, 2003
Boone, NC/N. Greenville county, SC
dexterq20 said:
So I just got back from a week-long road trip to Boulder, Colorado, with one of my buddies from school, and I found several things worthy of R3SP3CT. Here they be:

So now that I've just killed several users with dial-up connections, are there any questions?
Holy crap that looks awesome.

T-Pirate

RESPECT!
Sep 28, 2003
Boone, NC/N. Greenville county, SC
My title is much better.

Much respect to today, best day ever??

1st....it was sunny for the first time in a few days

2nd....At lunch today two huge black girls got in a crazy fight. The bitches were punching eachother in the face, then one of the girls threw a chair at the other one and it hit the assistant principal.

3rd....MY CORTINA CAME!!!!!

You'd be proud Don. Yes, those are hopes.

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
T-Pirate said:
You'd be proud Don. Yes, those are hopes.
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: i am :D

nice bike man, cortina makes a quality frame, and your build aint half bad either. Now find your way back to the windy city so we can do some hella erbon :thumb: or go to baltimore on the 18th its a bit closer

T-Pirate said:
My title is much better.

2nd....At lunch today two huge black girls got in a crazy fight. The bitches were punching eachother in the face, then one of the girls threw a chair at the other one and it hit the assistant principal.

You should have got some shots of the fight!

Sorry I haven't been in here for a while.

you guys are still going to Windrock right?