Quantcast

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Gwarrrr...Montashu make blue angry :(

Please leave our humble abode alone before I come crashing into yours with a bulldozer and an Israeli tank.

In other news, I'm not getting a Salsa...I'm getting a GT :(

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Here is my sad sad tale:

I'm broke, and for next race season, I need a new bikey (The alum Homegrown hardtail is not great for 24 Hour Racing), so I'm selling my bike and I was gonna pickup a Caballero frame for what I got out of mine, and then do a build through the winter that would cost me about 2500 bucks. Building is always more expensive than buying outright, but nobody really had the part spec on a complete bike that I wanted at the shop I work at that wasn't insanely expensive, even at cost (Can you say Titus?)

I explained my dilemna to my boss at the shop and she said they could swap the parts out on one of the GT IDXC 1.0s they had for most of the stuff I wanted (SRAM X.9, etc) and sell it to me for wwaaaaayy cheap (MSRP is 2500, its marked down to 1800 right now...and I get it cheaper than that), thereby allowing me to have a new bike in November and then having an MTB through the winter. The fork it has I don't like (Fox Float 100R)...anyone want one? :D

However, I'm not at all keen on riding a GT...me...hate...GT. Ever since the Pacific buyout thing...I dunno...I just don't really like the brand, but I can give it a chance, especially for how cheap it'll be...

See thats what alot of people say about GT. But the thing you dont see is that the buy out saved all the jobs for the people that worked there, and kept a bike company in business thats been around since atleast the late 70's. Just because the company was bought out and is going to be sold in walmart doesnt mean that the bike shouldnt be riden.

J

JRB

xbluethunderx said:
Gwarrrr...Montashu make blue angry :(

Please leave our humble abode alone before I come crashing into yours with a bulldozer and an Israeli tank.

In other news, I'm not getting a Salsa...I'm getting a GT :(
Huh???

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
T-Pirate said:
I'm willing to bet you'll learn to like it. Fox forx rule. My old one was so sweet I wish I had a bike that had it on it.

Meh, I like my Marzo Marathon more than that Fox...Felt smoother+plusher.

And why don't I have a crustom title? :think: :angry:

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
loco-gringo said:
In other words, I'm getting a Shimano laden bomb for way cheap...It'll have the SRAM drivetrain (Cept for XT Cranks), XT Hydraulics, prolly XT hubs...

I feel like I've defected to the Glactic Empire or something :(