Quantcast

^^^^We D Nesd Ayyyy

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I've honestly considered getting properly measured for a saddle.
I've only done one ride on my "properly sized" saddle, but so far I think it's probably worth it. Especially if you have wide sit bones, apparently most OEM saddles are pretty narrow. Like, 130mm in the Specialized world. I'd be on a 155mm according to their system, which translates to the M/L in Ergon. Also the fitting takes approximately 43 seconds to do if the shop as one of those ass-o-meters from Specialized.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I've only done one ride on my "properly sized" saddle, but so far I think it's probably worth it. Especially if you have wide sit bones, apparently most OEM saddles are pretty narrow. Like, 130mm in the Specialized world. I'd be on a 155mm according to their system, which translates to the M/L in Ergon. Also the fitting takes approximately 43 seconds to do if the shop as one of those ass-o-meters from Specialized.

Did you sniff it?

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
We’re having a proper storm here. Just had a power outage, the first one I can remember here in NZ actually, lasted a whole second. :D :panic:There was heavy lightning at the time, so probably a direct strike somewhere local.

A7841EE9-3C21-4451-A289-DAB90004931C.jpeg

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Sit bones are dead nuts at 13cm.

Oh do you mean the saddle? Ergon SR Pro in the M/L size. Went for a roadie saddle vs. the mountain version because it was just as wide but had a bit less squared off shape, and the "tail" of the saddle wasn't as long on the road version which to me seemed like it would be less likely to snag on my shorts on steeper descents. One hour-ish ride in and so far it seems to be awesome. Kinda cool having my ass supported on my sit bones. These German folks might be on to something.
DEAD NUTZ

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I've honestly considered getting properly measured for a saddle.
I did during tri time. I run Specialized saddles on all my bikes now. Can't remember specifics offhand, but they have always carried over with each new bike. Very nice.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I got to have more German fun, for some reason they used a 20.5mm inhex to tighten the piston to the shaft.
Had to grind the head of a bolt down to suit to then weld a nut on it to make a custom Allen key.
IMG_20220609_180049.jpg