Quantcast

<><>We doin this GMT<><>

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Since the start of the new year, we moved from 2 week sprints to 3 weeks at work. That extra week has made the existing weeks seem like FOREVER. It's only Thursday of week 2 and I'm done already. I don't want to say anything because not having shit to do while WFH means I can get actual shit done. But holy hell, I can feel myself age, it's awful.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
felt gross all day yesterday thanks to 6g installation, feeling better now though. bout to go to the orthodontist and spend all of our money. fuckin' teefs man

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Lemme guess, and somebody wanted it done yesterday too.
No. My organization recently went through significant budget cuts and a change in direction. I actually asked to get moved to a different group where the work would be better aligned to my interests and skills. Boss decided to keep me but doesn't know what to do with me and have been assigned a solution looking for a problem.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
No. My organization recently went through significant budget cuts and a change in direction. I actually asked to get moved to a different group where the work would be better aligned to my interests and skills. Boss decided to keep me but doesn't know what to do with me and have been assigned a solution looking for a problem.
Time for a focus-group??

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Still? We had a "Tiger Team" back in probably 2014 at my old gig - but it wasn't a focus group type thing, but a technical triage type thing...
I once witnessed a VP grill someone presenting a project for 45 minutes over whether or not it was a Tiger Team, Committee, task force or board. Thankfully he got promoted out of the way, so now he is only wasting other VPs time preventing them from wasting peoples time who actually get things done. A real productivity enhancement.