Quantcast

<><>We doin this GMT<><>

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Rain.

Contractors here at work. Not really sure what they've done so far, but we ain't leaving until they finish.

I might need to take a nap after work.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I've got stamps, just no envelopes.

Apparently rolling over a 401k can only be done via snail mail... at least with Fidelity. Or Vanguard. One of these friggin' companies is stuck in 1906.
They're just hoping you find it too much of a PITA to withdraw your money. I have to assume it's a somewhat successful tactic too.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
They're just hoping you find it too much of a PITA to withdraw your money. I have to assume it's a somewhat successful tactic too.
I've already done the withdrawal, and they sent me a paper check payable to the new 401k company. So now I have to fill out a form (which I did this morning) and mail that + the check to the new company. Annoyingly, I have to do similar bullshit with my HSA.

#financemonkey

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Might try to fuck off from work and ride again today, odds of it happening are not as high as Tuesday but not zero.
Can confirm this was one of my better ideas.

30deg and drizzling at the start after 1-2" of fresh snow. Bike rode great, roots were like icicles strewn on the trails, first and only tracks the whole ride. Only ate shit on one wooden feature.

New winter shoes and Leatt shell proved to be worthy investments, especially since the shoes were 50% off and the shell was a gift.

IMG_20230112_153232278_resize_4.jpg
IMG_20230112_153332987_HDR_resize_88.jpg

Courtesy brodozer pic for @jonKranked since he appears to be infatuated with them
IMG_20230112_144529855_HDR_resize_48.jpg

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

30deg and drizzling at the start after 1-2" of fresh snow. Bike rode great, roots were like icicles strewn on the trails, first and only tracks the whole ride. Only ate shit on one wooden feature.

New winter shoes and Leatt shell proved to be worthy investments, especially since the shoes were 50% off and the shell was a gift.

View attachment 187653View attachment 187654

Courtesy brodozer pic for @jonKranked since he appears to be infatuated with them
View attachment 187655
what winter shoes did you go with?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

View attachment 187653View attachment 187654

View attachment 187655
Hows the soft top in winter working out?

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
what winter shoes did you go with?
They were $119 last month

Hows the soft top in winter working out?
So far, no discernable difference between it and the hardtop as far as temperature and rain, and what small amounts of snow we've had. Infinitely louder on the highway, which is no surprise, and not enough of a bother to justify swapping every year.

Only concern is longevity of the soft top and when it might need replacing, but I'd be in the boat either way. At this point leaning towards selling the hardtop.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
They were $119 last month

So far, no discernable difference between it and the hardtop as far as temperature and rain, and what small amounts of snow we've had. Infinitely louder on the highway, which is no surprise, and not enough of a bother to justify swapping every year.

Only concern is longevity of the soft top and when it might need replacing, but I'd be in the boat either way. At this point leaning towards selling the hardtop.
nice, my winter shoes are still good, but i try to keep on top of what's good.

just today brown santa delivered my new DH shoes. spesh is having a good sale on their 2FO shoes.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
I have a pair of the Shimano ME7s for trail and absolutely love them. Don't DH enough to need shoes for it, but still have my old DH shoes somewhere, also Shimano something's.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I have a team of Computer Scientists in India and a noob out of college working for me on a software project. For the last two months they haven't been able to fix one particular bug. Deadline coming at the end of the month so I rolled up my sleeves and took a shot at figuring it out. I am no computer scientist and have never looked at javascript before but I have found the problem implemented a bandaid and working on a real solution doing nothing more than copying and pasting shit I think I understand.

I think this is going to be a rare opportunity to gloat

To be fair this script is contained in modules from another software package with zero debugging tools. I think folks used to quality development environments will get stuck when they are dealing with garbage. Sadly I am very used to working with garbage.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I have a team of Computer Scientists in India and a noob out of college working for me on a software project. For the last two months they haven't been able to fix one particular bug. Deadline coming at the end of the month so I rolled up my sleeves and took a shot at figuring it out. I am no computer scientist and have never looked at javascript before but I have found the problem implemented a bandaid and working on a real solution doing nothing more than copying and pasting shit I think I understand.

To be fair this script is contained in modules from another software package with zero debugging tools. I think folks used to quality development environments will get stuck when they are dealing with garbage. Sadly I am very used to working with garbage.
Have their sorry asses fired.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Have their sorry asses fired.

It's hard to understand how good someone is when they are on the other side of the planet. However if it was up to me I'd fire the kid working for me here. He can't do anything without explicit instructions repeated multiple times, gives up when faced with the simplest of challenges and I have to pepper him with questions to find out if he is having problems.

I can get a lot more accomplished without him.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA

The noob going to be responsible for fixing the 10 issues your fix creates?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
The noob going to be responsible for fixing the 10 issues your fix creates?

In the process of testing my fix and so far no issues. I might just tell him that me the knuckle dragging hammer engineer figured out his code so he has until first thing monday morning to do the same. Let him sweat out the weekend.