Quantcast

We done got burgled!

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
Transcend & Biscuit- I'm cool with both of your responses.

I fully agree that a shotgun is better for home defense than a .45ACP. The reason I keep my .45 at the ready and my Mossburg 590 in the gun safe is because of the location I have to keep it- hidden and inaccessible from my children yet close to my pillow- is very small and would not accomodate the 590, even in pistol-grip trim. I use low-penetrative, low velocity, max-grain hollow-points in it. As an added benefit, as suggested previously, I might freak out and miss the intruder with it, scaring him away and thereby saving myself the psychological trauma of having taken a human life. I worry little for my own safety, as evidenced by my dubious lifestyle, but take my duty as a husband and father serious as a heart attack. I DO enjoy collecting guns, though, and experience has taught me that relying on insurance companies and the local constabulary is quite overrated.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
I was just refering to the "I'll just shoot the motherf*&%er in the head" crowd. I am no pacifist and fully support someone's right to defend their home. Just pointing out that those guys are morons and dont have a clue. I'm also sorry you got robbed, just overclaim it on the insurance and buy some new bike crap.
Agreed.

What's with the desire to blow some cracknuggets brains out with a 10 gauge? A baseball bat, hammer, taser, fist, etc are all effective non-lethal weapons that are liable to not leave you with psychological trauma. I wholeheartedly approve of beating the **** out of someone who's broken into your house, but to kill someone for doing it is...cavemanish?

Face it, if asshat has broken into your house and has a gun, you're pretty much fvcked, even if you've got a SAW under your bed.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Agreed.

What's with the desire to blow some cracknuggets brains out with a 10 gauge? A baseball bat, hammer, taser, fist, etc are all effective non-lethal weapons that are liable to not leave you with psychological trauma. I wholeheartedly approve of beating the **** out of someone who's broken into your house, but to kill someone for doing it is...cavemanish?

Face it, if asshat has broken into your house and has a gun, you're pretty much fvcked, even if you've got a SAW under your bed.
LOL! THats a funny mental picture! "FREEZE OR I'LL BLOW UP THE AREA OF MY HOUSE THAT YOU ARE STANDING IN!!!!".

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
Screw the car battery thtas only 12 Volts doubt the'd even feel it , get a Neon Lamp Transformer ! Thats 17 KV they be flopping on the deck like a trout before it goes into a frying pan
i pwn y´all.
i have a 100% working 3ft high electric fence on top of my walls. 10kv of sweet sweet justice.
that´ll fry any crackhead willing to die.

and i have a trained midget ninja... well, not really. just a mighty 5´6" security guard, and the wackenhut guys....

Biscuit

Turbo Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
Pleasant Hill, CA
LOL! THats a funny mental picture! "FREEZE OR I'LL BLOW UP THE AREA OF MY HOUSE THAT YOU ARE STANDING IN!!!!".
A ****, I totally just LOL'd at work.

I was just thinking, If I had a wife/kids, I would probably have a pump shotgun loaded with rocksalt. Just the sound of one of those CLACK-CHU-CHINK's would make pretty much anyone piss their pants (while running out the door/window they came in).

Biscuit

Turbo Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
Pleasant Hill, CA
my friend carrys a baseball bat with him to his motocross races, there are some wierd drunk guys at some of those.
It's pretty easy to kill with a bat. Even if it's just self defense.

Your post-unintentional-manslaughter trial would go much smoother if you used a wrench, tire-iron, handlebar, whatever, so that it wasn't "planned".

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
What would you rather have, a missing X-box or the memory of watching a kid who you just shot over a couple bucks bleed out on your carpet?
I've got wood floors, so cleanup is easy.

Golgi, sorry about the asshat theives. Hopefully you get a little redemption somehow.

Nothing wrong with shooting someone if you absolutely have to (i.e. they are inevitably going to harm your family or you), but you damn well better be prepared to deal with it. PTSD, however minor, can pretty much suck.