Quantcast

We done got burgled!

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
Had my house I was leasing broken in to when I was living in WA state. Took a stereo I was still paying on and protected by ChargeGuard. When I contacted CG to see about collecting, they said that since there was no visible signs of forced entry (they had jimmied open a bathroom window without damaging the frame), they were not going to pay for it, even though the entry was explained in the police report. So I told the electronics company that I bought the stereo from that since CG wasn't going to cover me, and that the coverage was bought through the shop, I wasn't going to pay them. Know what? The shop credited my account. They also got my repeat business, and CG has not seen a penny from me since.

Gol, I'm sorry for the losses, especially the ring.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Neighborhood kids. Guarantee it. Time to get 'clandestine'. Act like you're leaving, and stake the place out somehow. Buy a gun. Kill the kids.
Totally agree with you and what Booker said...betting 9 times out of 10 these types of burglaries are retard suburbanite teens in your hood.

When I lived in a suburb of SLC with my parents there was a rash of burglaries throughout our neighborhood...perps were the local hoods.

They broke into a house two doors down from them. Brilliant kids...

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
This happened when to me when I was living in Sacramento. Was gone for a weekend riding in Reno, came back and someone had opened one of the four sliding doors on my porch. Took a computer, couple of my guns, and the bike I had just bought my wife, which at the time had no wheels on it. Didn't take the DH bike, didn't take the $4k litespeed hanging behind the couch, just that bike.

And the keys to my Ducati.

Couple weeks later I was sleeping when I hear someone trying to saw through the 2" thick chain which I locked the bike to a tree with. Came out with my shotgun, found Poncho Villa trying to take my motorcycle, with the keys in his hands. As I was "fearful he had one of my stolen guns" I tuned him up with my shotgun until the cops got there. The whole time I was kicking that ass he was yelling "no hablo english" but as soon as the cops came up he was screaming to high heaven, in english, about how I had violated his civil rights.

If I had been one state over in Nevada I would have blown his brains all over the tree as a matter of principal.

After that, I was the hell and gone out of CA.

dan wask

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2006
B-More Maryland
This happened when to me when I was living in Sacramento. Was gone for a weekend riding in Reno, came back and someone had opened one of the four sliding doors on my porch. Took a computer, couple of my guns, and the bike I had just bought my wife, which at the time had no wheels on it. Didn't take the DH bike, didn't take the $4k litespeed hanging behind the couch, just that bike.

Couple weeks later I was sleeping when I hear someone trying to saw through the 2" thick chain which I locked the bike to a tree with. Came out with my shotgun, found Poncho Villa trying to take my motorcycle, with the keys in his hands. As I was "fearful he had one of my stolen guns" I tuned him up with my shotgun until the cops got there. The whole time I was kicking that ass he was yelling "no hablo english" but as soon as the cops came up he was screaming to high heaven, in english, about how I had violated his civil rights.

If I had been one state over in Nevada I would have blown his brains all over the tree as a matter of principal.

Your a good man :cheers:

Cursor

Chimp
Mar 26, 2003
can't find on mapquest
about a week ago my wife came home from school and left the garage open all night.....of course its the day i left my cannondale chase in the garage unlocked. so they took the bike and like 5 12-packs of coke.

it really sucks knowing that someone was on your property.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
I just don't tolerate theives, its bad form.
It was strange, because there were those in my law school back in Sacramento that once they heard about me doing a bit of the old ass kick dance on Poncho who thought I should just tolerate the theivery.
If those who would trade freedom for security deserve neither, then what do those who by inaction encourage theives deserve?

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
about a week ago my wife came home from school and left the garage open all night.....of course its the day i left my cannondale chase in the garage unlocked. so they took the bike and like 5 12-packs of coke.

it really sucks knowing that someone was on your property.

We left ours open for about six hours, everyone gone, with the door into the house unlocked as well. Came home and not one thing had been touched (knock on wood...). We think cleaning the heavy guns on the porch and being known for a proclivity for their use paid off that day. Fear is a powerful motivator.

Cursor

Chimp
Mar 26, 2003
can't find on mapquest
We left ours open for about six hours, everyone gone, with the door into the house unlocked as well. Came home and not one thing had been touched (knock on wood...). We think cleaning the heavy guns on the porch and being known for a proclivity for their use paid off that day. Fear is a powerful motivator.
ha...i hear ya.
i have a lot of car parts that are worth some money in the garage that wasn't touched (at least not yet...knock on wood too). but it so happened it was the day i went to the shooting range and left all the range info, random sight stuff and targets on my dash. hopefully they got a glimpse of that.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida

You should have shot him in the face and put an old knife in his hand. "He was coming at me."

firetoole

duch bag
Nov 19, 2004
Wooo Tulips!!!!
golgi, I would also suggest one of those motion sensing digital camers for hunting

I had my car broken into last year after that I left some bait in there the next week (dead laptop, Cd's) and left the window down I put one of those cameras on my roof and the next day it was all gone and I had pictures of my next door neighbor steeling all of my suff so I went over there and kicked in his garage door and there was all my stuff not to mention a bunch of other stolen stuff (2 ATV's a jetski power tools car stereo stuff) when he got home from work there was a squad car waiting for him

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
I just don't tolerate theives, its bad form.
It was strange, because there were those in my law school back in Sacramento that once they heard about me doing a bit of the old ass kick dance on Poncho who thought I should just tolerate the theivery.
If those who would trade freedom for security deserve neither, then what do those who by inaction encourage theives deserve?
I agree with you completely. I've had thousands of dollars worth of stereo equipment, car parts, jewelry, guns, bicycles, etc. stolen over the years and let me tell you, the solitary time I actually caught a thief in the act was a gratifying experience. My knuckles are scarred to this day from the beatdown he received. The first two times I was robbed, I played it by the book and called the cops and my insurance company. After being struck dumb by the laziness of the police investigating low-priority, non-violent property crimes(I caught one myself by following tread tracks left during a rainstorm right to the thief's garage) and by the paltry insurance check I got after fighting the adjuster tooth & nail STILL only to have my rates jacked up, I learned my painful lesson. Schumer and Teddy can afford to be so light on and forgiving of thieves because, besides being thieves themselves, they don't have to worry about their shi+ getting jacked in the gated community with police protection. "Don't take the law into your own hands" and "Leave it to the professional police and detectives" are common cries of those unaffected by property crime or beholden in some way to those who commit it.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
golgi, I would also suggest one of those motion sensing digital camers for hunting

I had my car broken into last year after that I left some bait in there the next week (dead laptop, Cd's) and left the window down I put one of those cameras on my roof and the next day it was all gone and I had pictures of my next door neighbor steeling all of my suff so I went over there and kicked in his garage door and there was all my stuff not to mention a bunch of other stolen stuff (2 ATV's a jetski power tools car stereo stuff) when he got home from work there was a squad car waiting for him
Those things just rule and now they have ones built into wall clocks and smoke detectors(see my previous link) that can forward the images to a VCR, DVR, even to your computer which can then forward the images to you via email or a wireless device. My home alarm is not quite THAT sophisticated yet, but I do have multiple heat and motion detecters, door and window switches, etc....plus a wide selection of calibers with which to back it up.

SeaPig

Monkey
Sep 20, 2005
Seattle
This sucks and all, but at least they didn't get the bikes. Of all the things to replace the insurence company would've given you a raw deal on the bikes.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
All this talk about burglars and whatnot has me thinking I should break out the old revolver. I've had it locked up out in the country which is the only place I can fire it. Its an old 38 Special. It wont blow a crooks leg off like the Ruger single action 45 that I was shooting this weekend... but it will work damnit.

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
Snow Hall, tweakin on math
All this talk about burglars and whatnot has me thinking I should break out the old revolver. I've had it locked up out in the country which is the only place I can fire it. Its an old 38 Special. It wont blow a crooks leg off like the Ruger single action 45 that I was shooting this weekend... but it will work damnit.
hell, no need to blow a leg off. I bet it'll put a nice sized hole right thru some skull matter that will take any reason of having legs right away.

I HATE ****ing thieves:rant:

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
I am of the opinion that if you catch them in the house they are always armed, and as such you have no reason not to send them on to meet Jesus then and there.

If you catch them out in the world, couple ballpeen hammers and some hard hitting homeboys is the answer to the problem. Shatter the hands, feet and kneecaps. Maybe the next time they try running down the road with a stolen bike the next guy down the land will put a few rounds into them. Hitting gimps is not very hard, even at distance, just have to lead them less.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
hell, no need to blow a leg off. I bet it'll put a nice sized hole right thru some skull matter that will take any reason of having legs right away.

I HATE ****ing thieves:rant:
With the right round it will put a hole in more or less anything I want it to... I tell you though, the ruger 45 I was shooting this weekend sure was nice, huge freaking gun with a massive barrel... almost no kick and crazy accurate. We were hitting beer bottles about 80% of the time @ 30+ yards, and I suck at shooting pistols so thats pretty damn good IMHO. If I lived out in the country I would totally own one.

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
Wow you guys are a bunch of big brute men. Clearly you are all hardend killers and I sure hope I dont run into any of you in a dark alley. I had no idea the ridemonkey was frequented by so many navy seals and professional assassins.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Wow you guys are a bunch of big brute men. Clearly you are all hardend killers and I sure hope I dont run into any of you in a dark alley. I had no idea the ridemonkey was frequented by so many navy seals and professional assassins.
Do us a favor, post your address and leave your garage open so they can come over to your house.

Then again, to quote R. Lee Ermey, people like you are why there's crime.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
S&W has a .50 revolver now.
That is the first revolver S&W has put out in decades that I would like to own. I handled one at Bass Pro Shops a couple weeks back and instantly fell in love. It is beautifully but simply overbuilt in a way very similar to my .44mag Super Redhawk. Had I $900 to spend on such things currently, I'd already own one. It'd be hard to justify to the wife, though, in light of my most recent acquisition- a KM77 Mark II in 30-06 complete with Nikon 3-9X scope. Ain't nothing I need a .50 for that I couldn't take down with my 06.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
With the right round it will put a hole in more or less anything I want it to... I tell you though, the ruger 45 I was shooting this weekend sure was nice, huge freaking gun with a massive barrel... almost no kick and crazy accurate. We were hitting beer bottles about 80% of the time @ 30+ yards, and I suck at shooting pistols so thats pretty damn good IMHO. If I lived out in the country I would totally own one.
If you can keep it in the 10 ring and it's in good working order, either a .38 or a .45 will adequately do the job with appropriate ammo.

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
Hey I like guns and hate thieves as much as the next guy, I'm just pointing out that you guys are a bunch of mini-dicked posturing retards who have no idea what you are talking about. Find me someone on here who actually has taken a life and see if they say it's as great as you all seem to think. What would you rather have, a missing X-box or the memory of watching a kid who you just shot over a couple bucks bleed out on your carpet? Quit being such a bunch of damn meatheads.

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
Do us a favor, post your address and leave your garage open so they can come over to your house.

Then again, to quote R. Lee Ermey, people like you are why there's crime.
10 South 38th Street
Boulder, CO 80305

The Mosh Pro Al is in the parking garage and the car and house are always unlocked. Come and get it bitch. Might wanna watch out for this guy though, he doesnt like strangers.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
10 South 38th Street
Boulder, CO 80305

The Mosh Pro Al is in the parking garage and the car and house are always unlocked. Come and get it bitch. Might wanna watch out for this guy though, he doesnt like strangers.
East Boulder. The rough side of town. :biggrin:

Also, post above in in running for post of the day. Posturing internet hardasses who claim they'd shoot anyone who walks through the door crack me up. They'll more than likely kill their kids or neighbors in the next apartment if they start shooting under any sort of pressure.

There was a big thread in the political forum about this right after the recent school shooting in montreal. Too damn funny. :cheers:

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
East Boulder. The rough side of town. :biggrin:
Also, post above in in running for post of the day. Posturing internet hardasses who claim they'd shoot anyone who walks through the door crack me up. They'll more than likely kill their kids or neighbors in the next apartment if they start shooting under any sort of pressure.
There was a big thread in the political forum about this right after the recent school shooting in montreal. Too damn funny. :cheers:
I must be the exception to the big gun/small dick rule you all keep repeating as if there were actually a correllation. To some extent, I understand where IEH is coming from but just so you're aware, being on the internet doesn't necessarily preclude one from being an actual badass. Not ALL badasses are computer illiterate, you know. Would I shoot someone outside my home for stealing- No, but I would and have beaten one down physically. Would I hesitate to shoot someone entering my home with questionable intentions? Yes, for as long as it took me to engage the 5# trigger of my .45ACP. It would be a horrible thing to have to do and the resulting psychological trauma might ultimately force me from the home in an attempt to exorcise the bad memories, but as a married man with two small girls, I would not leave my protective responsibilities and duties to chance.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
I must be the exception to the big gun/small dick rule you all keep repeating as if there were actually a correllation. To some extent, I understand where IEH is coming from but just so you're aware, being on the internet doesn't necessarily preclude one from being an actual badass. Not ALL badasses are computer illiterate, you know. Would I shoot someone outside my home for stealing- No, but I would and have beaten one down physically. Would I hesitate to shoot someone entering my home with questionable intentions? Yes, for as long as it took me to engage the 5# trigger of my .45ACP. It would be a horrible thing to have to do and the resulting psychological trauma might ultimately force me from the home in an attempt to exorcise the bad memories, but as a married man with two small girls, I would not leave my protective responsibilities and duties to chance.
Oh i don't think anyone was referring directly to not having the possiblity of being a hardass in real life. I wasn't referring to you either in particular, just to be clear.

Not sure if you saw the thread a few weeks ago, but the whole weaver stance double tap to the forehead, i'll cap any mofo who blinks at me post was pretty damn funny.

I was a sports shooter for a long time. As one yourself, i'm sure you can understand that trying to hit a man sized target, in a chaotic environment while the adrenaline and blood are rushing WHILE YOU ARE BEING SHOT AT (in that case) is a pretty unique situation.

It isn't exactly the same as target shooting at the local range under perfect controlled situations.

edit: and last i read, the best protection for homes was a shotgun with home defense load. That way when you are freaking out that someone is in your house and will potentially harm your family, you don't kill your wife/kids/neighbor when your .44 blasts a whole in the wall when you miss the first shot.

Biscuit

Turbo Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
Pleasant Hill, CA
If I had kids, my attitude would probably be different.

I don't own a gun and I don't carry knives (except when camping). I don't feel it's something you should have unless you are fully prepared to deal with the consequences of an emotional (bad or drunk) decision. I am not.

I would rather be killed than kill somone. Sounds soft, but it's not something I want to do. However, if one were to mess with any person I care about, I would go to great lengths.

That said, I am "trained" so to speak, and can handle myself quite well without a weapon. As long as I can get close.

It's just stuff. I'm not saying tolerate it, if you catch someone, administer justice as available. But it's not worth collecting guns, plotting, and pining for the RARE occurance that you happen to catch somone in the act. That's what insurance is for. Read your contract. Take photo's and keep the disc somewhere else (at work). What if there's a fire?

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Hey I like guns and hate thieves as much as the next guy, I'm just pointing out that you guys are a bunch of mini-dicked posturing retards who have no idea what you are talking about. Find me someone on here who actually has taken a life and see if they say it's as great as you all seem to think. What would you rather have, a missing X-box or the memory of watching a kid who you just shot over a couple bucks bleed out on your carpet? Quit being such a bunch of damn meatheads.
You are being an ass. I dont like the idea of someone dying on my floor any more than you do. However if someone came in my house and I didnt know wether they were armed or not, a gun would be a damn fine thing to have on hand. Either way he'd have to stop and lay down with his hand on his head while I called the cops.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
10 South 38th Street
Boulder, CO 80305

My dog would be a match for that one... and she barks and snarls at everything she sees outside the yard that she doesnt know. The thing is she was home when the house got robbed, my confidence in guard dogs is "0" now. Show me a big dog... I'll show you T bone.

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
You are being an ass. I dont like the idea of someone dying on my floor any more than you do. However if someone came in my house and I didnt know wether they were armed or not, a gun would be a damn fine thing to have on hand. Either way he'd have to stop and lay down with his hand on his head while I called the cops.
I was just refering to the "I'll just shoot the motherf*&%er in the head" crowd. I am no pacifist and fully support someone's right to defend their home. Just pointing out that those guys are morons and dont have a clue. I'm also sorry you got robbed, just overclaim it on the insurance and buy some new bike crap.