Quantcast

~~ We made it to FRIDAY ~~

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
Hollywood, Maryland, United States
Well monkeys, it's Friday and I don't know about you but DANM I can wait to start the weekend.

So far on my plate I'm going on a triple date tonight, checking out the Tour De Hope tomorrow, and trail work on Sunday.

What do you monkeys have planned?

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
drizzly and grey here in VA. got a friend's wedding on saturday, taking the ERC (Experienced Riders Course) on sunday. it'd be nice to get some riding in on monday, but i doubt i'll be allowed.

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
corey_dcstreet said:
drizzly and grey here in VA. got a friend's wedding on saturday, taking the ERC (Experienced Riders Course) on sunday. it'd be nice to get some riding in on monday, but i doubt i'll be allowed.
Yeah it's pissing all over the place here in MD as well, but we really need it my yard is bone freaking dry.

ERC - is that the motorcycle course?

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
yep its friday.. i will be much happier later on though . I have been at work since 6pm yesterday and cant leave here until about noon today , because i have to cover for another supervisor.
the good news is tonight im heading to woodstock, ny for a long weekend of resting, riding and relaxation

enjoy your friday!!

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
hooples3 said:
yep its friday.. i will be much happier later on though . I have been at work since 6pm yesterday and cant leave here until about noon today , because i have to cover for another supervisor.
the good news is tonight im heading to woodstock, ny for a long weekend of resting, riding and relaxation

enjoy your friday!!
woodstock - good riding there?

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
MancilG said:
woodstock - good riding there?
not to sure.. there is a big sporting good store on 28 and some of the guysd there ride.. so im gonna head in there and see whats going on... these dyas any time spent on a bike for me is time well spent
im also gonna check out the internet

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
hooples3 said:
not to sure.. there is a big sporting good store on 28 and some of the guysd there ride.. so im gonna head in there and see whats going on... these dyas any time spent on a bike for me is time well spent
Let us know how it turn out, I have some family near there and was thinking about taking my bike next time I visit.

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Canadian Thanksgiving! Taking off mid-afternoon, getting out of the city, heading up north to cottage country, eating some turkey, ham, stuffing, and sweet potatoes, and drinking a crapload of beer. Goooood times. Monday off too!

And I finally get to meet my cousin's new kidlet!

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
Ridemonkey said:
Canadian Thanksgiving! Taking off mid-afternoon, getting out of the city, heading up north to cottage country, eating some turkey, ham, stuffing, and sweet potatoes, and drinking a crapload of beer. Goooood times. Monday off too!

And I finally get to meet my cousin's new kidlet!
Now this sounds like a good weekend...

Ummmmm Beer

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Tomorrow's my birthday :) So naturally, I'll be playing some cricket with my school friends. Hopefully get the one nut I need to get my M3 riding again and go do some urban dh :D

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
hooples3 said:
ahhhh..start in town, take the road up to overlook mtn, and see if you can make the climb up to the top !!!

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
MancilG said:
Yeah it's pissing all over the place here in MD as well, but we really need it my yard is bone freaking dry.

ERC - is that the motorcycle course?
yeah, looking forward to the rain for once... our jumps are melting into the ground they've been so dry.

yeah, the moto safety foundations course. a handful of us from the DC cycleforums are going out for some low speed tech maneuver training. should be fun!

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Its raining and its supposedly going to rain all weekend. Its cool cause I've got some inside projects I've been neglecting and I need a break off the bike. Still might get out for a short spin on the road bike.

Though the big news is I might be buying a new car today. The truck is killing me in gas and the need for the truck just doesn't outweight the gas anymore. Just gotta see if my negotiating skills are sharp enough.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
DRB said:
Its raining and its supposedly going to rain all weekend. Its cool cause I've got some inside projects I've been neglecting and I need a break off the bike. Still might get out for a short spin on the road bike.

Though the big news is I might be buying a new car today. The truck is killing me in gas and the need for the truck just doesn't outweight the gas anymore. Just gotta see if my negotiating skills are sharp enough.
What kind of auto are ya thinking aboot?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
DRB said:
A dodge magnum with the V6. The gas mileage is better. It has a lot of room, I like the look.

It has nothing to do with gas prices but lately I am just sick of cars. Took me 15 minutes to get through one stoplight yesterday to go 2 miles to the grocery store.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Westy said:
It has nothing to do with gas prices but lately I am just sick of cars. Took me 15 minutes to get through one stoplight yesterday to go 2 miles to the grocery store.
Yeah traffic is annoying me as well. I'm trying to commute once a week on the bike but that almost annoys me as much. Almost makes riding too much like work......

J

JRB

Going to City Park to ride with some homiez on my new bikey. I will get some pics up tonight of the new ride too. It's a little tall, but damn it's squishy.

allsk8sno

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
Bellingham, WA
i have class till 11 and then i am off home to eat lunch and have a phone interview at 1:30pm, after that i am gonna fiddle with the bike since i am hitting the DJ's tomorrow assuming its not raining...

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
Supposed to rain here tonight, Saturday, and probably Sunday also. :mumble: Sucks, because it gets dark by 7:00pm this time of the year, and the weekend is the only time to do long trail rides, without using lights because of this work thing. We need the rain as it's crazy dry in the woods now, but I'm hoping the forecast is wrong and a ride will happen sometime Sunday. :(