Quantcast

We need a surveyor

lukedogg

Chimp
Nov 24, 2005
OK, so the city of Greensboro is giving us a greenlight to build a BMX track. Our only obstacle (at the moment) is that we need someone to survey the land and submit the drawings (?) to the city's engineer for approval. Is there anyone out there who can/will help?

I know that this is a predominantly MTB forum. But keep in mind the boost this will give the general biking community in the city and state. If you don't think that freeriding has evolved from BMX just let me borrow one of those new fangled full suspension contraptions you all ride and point me down a hill :rolleyes:

For real, though. If there's anyone out there that is willing to help, please PM me or call Luke @ 336.207.2153.

Thanks

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
Nice work Luke! You know I'll be all over that. Not sure about a surveyor though. I'll see if I can find somebody who can help.

mike

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
You didn't say who owns the property but if it's public land the Army Corps. of Engineers could help.

If you let your fingers do the walking in the yellow pages see if the surveyer will trade his work for free advertising at the track and on the track's website. If you are going NBL get your non-profit number so you can go around and beg for what you need.

Talk to the track director at tanglewood and the state commisioner. These folks ought to bend over backwards for you, pretty much.

lukedogg said:
If you don't think that freeriding has evolved from BMX just let me borrow one of those new fangled full suspension contraptions you all ride and point me down a hill :rolleyes:
Luke, I'm a licensed surveyor and I may be able to lend you some assistance despite your smartass comment. You do have to promise to stop building those weird obstacles with super tight transitions out at the park, though...:mumble:

Are you sure all you need is a survey, or will the city require an erosion control plan or other engineering work?

PM me the proposed site location and I can start trying to put something together.

piastonX

Chimp
Mar 16, 2006
here
Luke this is chris from country park. please let me know if you need ANY help planning to building. ill be more than willing to help out.