Quantcast

We squealled like pigs!

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
So last Sunday was the 20th anniversary Birthday party for a local trail called Deliverance.
The trail was the (demonic) brain child of Mudsy, the founder of my bike shop.
Mudsy along with the shop staff and mates built what for 20 years has been the single most legendary trail in Wellington.
1.5km of wet rocks and roots with some high consequence sections.
https://www.trailforks.com/trails/deliverance-18148/

Gonna make you Squeee like a pig boy!

So on Sunday we set up the BBQ, timing gear and organized shuttles, beers & pizza's & had at it with 4 race classes.
20th century bikes Males & Females (from the century we built the track)
21st century bikes Males & Females. (for the saner riders)

Enjoy this vid of some of the riding.... Fair warning if profanities are naughty were you are viewing this maybe turn the sound off and avoid the delightful sweet noises of Kiwi conversational talk.
Alt title for the vid would be "Profanities and heavy crashes" (as per a facebook comment... That'd make a great band name!)
The "colourfull language" starts with my business partner/workshop manager fracturing his ankle & wrist + destroying a brand new helmet..... He's currently in a moon boot and arm cast.
But all in all what a hell of a day out for everyone!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Queued for watching over lunch at work...

But just curious, whats the difference between your Blue rated trails and Advanced trails? Seems silly to have two different trail ratings, that look exactly the same (besides the shade of blue).

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Trail grading in NZ is a dogs breakfast!
Not much consistency TBH, a grade 5 trail in Rotorua is on a par with a grade 4 in Wellington, a Wellington grade 5 is on a par with a Nelson grade 4.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Impressive. Looks like a long, wet version of the waterfall section of the dh race course at snowshoe... that is in west virginia!

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Yeah that track is 1.6km of wet rocks and roots and lots of high exposure with a 5-10m drop off the side down to a rocky stream bed.
It's my fave track in Welly.