Quantcast

Weagle!

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
my new puppy (dachshund/ chihuahua mix), named Weagle (oddly enough, my dad's 5yr old black lab is named Doc):

http://www.pbase.com/inbred/image/43125127

http://www.pbase.com/inbred/image/43125128

my camera battery petered out, so i was only able to take pictures within the first couple hours of his arrival at the house. when he's scared, he runs between my shoes, kinda funny. and and when he jumps off a step, he almost flips over forward. he's so neato.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark
to read." ~ Groucho Marx

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
the Inbred said:
my new puppy (dachshund/ chihuahua mix),
Cute puppy, with that mix he is probably full grown already. Not only is he a chic magnet, but he is small enough that he can probably double as your bike's Mojo.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
ROCKLAND said:
Cute! My Daschund puppy is 1 1/2 now and most cats are still bigger than he is.
our last dachshund (mini and a runt) never grew bigger than a small house cat. he wouldn't chase cats, but would bark at them while running around them. if the cat would make any move, like walk somewhere, Schnitzel would run away scared. rather amusing..

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
Weagle's growin' up....

and looking a little psychotic...

looks nothing like a dachshund, nor does he look like a chihuahua. his mom is full doxie, and his dad is full chihuahua...not sure what happened genetically.

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
haaahah
nice

yeah, no more glasses.

1 week out, 20-15. BOOOOYAH!

its unbelievable

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
got a call from my mom today, one i sort of expected, but was hoping wouldn't happen. last time i was home, she said Weagle's been getting a little out of hand since I haven't been able to go home much lately (new job and all). she said she had been spending more time with him, but that he was still a little more than she could handle - being just a year old, he wanted lots of activity.

anyway, she called and said she had made an appointment with the local SPCA for some sort of adoption screening or something. basically, they take Weagle and see if he'd be a good candidate for adoption, which he was. mom felt bad because she wasn't able to give him more attention. she's working a lot right now with no end in sight, and knew it would be better for some family to take Weagle and give him the attention he needs and deserves. so now, instead of sleeping at home in bed with mom or me, my little buddy's gone somewhere else.

that sucks. and i'm sad. i hate losing an awesome friend.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
the Inbred said:
got a call from my mom today, one i sort of expected, but was hoping wouldn't happen. last time i was home, she said Weagle's been getting a little out of hand since I haven't been able to go home much lately (new job and all). she said she had been spending more time with him, but that he was still a little more than she could handle - being just a year old, he wanted lots of activity.

anyway, she called and said she had made an appointment with the local SPCA for some sort of adoption screening or something. basically, they take Weagle and see if he'd be a good candidate for adoption, which he was. mom felt bad because she wasn't able to give him more attention. she's working a lot right now with no end in sight, and knew it would be better for some family to take Weagle and give him the attention he needs and deserves. so now, instead of sleeping at home in bed with mom or me, my little buddy's gone somewhere else.

that sucks. and i'm sad. i hate losing an awesome friend.

So was this your dog or your mom's dog?

J

JRB

He looks mad. He also looks like he would shred the crap out of anything that is left in reach.

I saw an awesome chocolate weenie dog yesterday. She had tan feet that were huge. If I were guaranteed one as pretty as her, I would get one. Instead, I would end up with one that barked, bit and sat around eating its own poop.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
loco said:
He looks mad. He also looks like he would shred the crap out of anything that is left in reach.
he was just about to sneeze. he liked playing in the sprinklers, and would get water up his nose. he did destroy toys, though. never chewed on furniture or shoes...just his toys.
DRB said:
So was this your dog or your mom's dog?
our dog? stayed with her, as i don't have a yard (college student and all), but i'm only 75mins away, so i was able to go home often.