Quantcast

wear a motorcycle helmet (if you're on a motor, of course)

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Here's the explanation as posted at another site...

It was the result of a motorcycle accident, and the victim not wearing a helmet.

There are certain training presentations we give to our care providers and this photo is actually in one of our critical injury slides. The guy crashed on the highway while riding his motorcycle. His face was ripped apart near the edge of the road. Emergency doctors were able to stop the massive blood loss and re-attach veins, nerves, and muscle. After massive reconstructive surgery the guy actually doesn't look too ****ed up. Kinda like a burn victim. Had to replace the jaws and teeth. Nose and cheeks look a little manufactured. Still not as creepy as Michael Jackson though.
Here's the link to the photo.

WARNING: It is extremely graphic and disgusting. Only view it if you like freaky, nasty stuff -or- you want some encouragement to wear a full-face helmet.

No, really, it's bad.

Ok, fine...

http://www.drandall.com.au/motorcycle.jpg

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Looks like Dr. Zoidberg.

I'm going to go vomit now, I'd put a bullet in my brain if that happened to me.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
the law said:
Somehow I do not even want to see that picture.
I consider myslef to have a very strong stomach and I'm getting the salty saliva I'm going to see my lunch again feeling.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
the law said:
Somehow I do not even want to see that picture.
At least there's one person here smart enough.

I always wear my helmet, so I didn't 'need' to see that photo.

But now it's making me think twice about the tiny roadie lid I wear when I'm flying down a mt at 50mph with it and lycra as my protection.

Barbaton

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2002
suburban hell
Hmm. I guess it's a good sign so far as the pending med school application that that picture doesn't bother me at all...

Is that weird?

Stinkyboy's avatar has been bugging me, though. :p

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Barbaton said:
Hmm. I guess it's a good sign so far as the pending med school application that that picture doesn't bother me at all...

Is that weird?

Stinkyboy's avatar has been bugging me, though. :p
freak. you're supposed to be empathetic as a med student :nope: haha

extreme2

Chimp
May 17, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
While I certainly agree with the freedom of choice, my choice is to wear a helmet. Even mountain biking, I prefer my full face to the xc type helmet. I get some weird looks sometimes, but if I crash, and I've crashed before, most likely I'll still have my teeth.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
That's been circulating for years under different titles. I saw it was a Marine who was biting a blasting cap. Can't find it on Snopes, but I'm damned sure it's on there somewhere.

I thought they came to the conclusion that they couldn't tell if the photo was real or faked...but the backstory comes in many many flavors.

MD