Quantcast

Weather In Bellingham?

searching7

Chimp
Mar 3, 2005
What's the weather like in Bellingham? I assume the rain is rather steady in the spring, but not down pour like. What about the sun though. Is it overcast a lot? Any info would be great. THanks

joelsman

Turbo Monkey
Feb 1, 2002
B'ham
it rains alot but usually not too hard, rains the most nov thru april, but june was really wet this year, july-sep are the dryest months.

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Bellingham, Washington ~ U.S.A.
Seems that more people ride in the fall/spring more than in summer because, at least I think it can be too hot to ride in the summer, plus the trails tend to get overgrown then. Really, the weather isnt that bad, just get used to mud.

mplutodh1

Monkey
Nov 27, 2002
Sammamish, WA
Depends on what kind of riding you are looking to do, trail conditions in the winter are hit and miss. DH, good luck in the winter, you'll destroy trails and come back miserable and cold. I usually just trail ride in the winter (when I can with school) compared to the weather where I grew up (Woodinville) this is better. Being close to the bay its a little unpredictable and you honestly can never tell from the weather reports what it will do (but where can you?) When it rains up here it's nothing like it was at home, it rains then stops and clears up usually, might not get sunny but at least doesn't pour for days on end like it did in Woodinville. Looks like we are finally starting to dry out for the summer. Nice thing about fall around here is typically if it rains it does it over night or morning for some odd reason, then clears up during the day, keeps the dust down, keeps the crisp fresh smell in the air but is awesome riding weather. I love it up here.

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
They ride year round, they are also kind of nutty. I went riding with Dwaugh the day after Thanksgiving and we saw a guy riding with a suit jacket, shirt and tie. This was in the mud and rain. Then on the way home after we were totally muddy wet and cold I see another biker riding without a shirt.

If you are thinking of moving to Western Washington, the closer you live to the Sound the less rain there is, unless its maybe Bremerton. If you go 20 miles inland that means 20 inches more of rain annually. In the winter people dont generally go out for all day rides or even half day rides, they might figure 90 minutes by then you might be pretty cold and wet. We also have lots of clothes and everyone experiments with layering. Bellingham is a little cooler than Seattle and Seattle is cooler than Olympia. If you are thinking of relocating you might check out Olympia.

SuperSlow

Monkey
May 18, 2004
Bellingham
bham is great i moved here from texas. I ride year round, but the main challenge is getting a nice light setup for the winter evenings. As long as you have some wet weather gear you will have no problem. The shore is also prime when its wet