Quantcast

Web Guru's Help me with a quote (please)

firetoole

duch bag
Nov 19, 2004
Wooo Tulips!!!!
This guy I know wants me to design a site, host and maintain it for him, and he wants it close to like this www.aaagolfcarts.com
but with a shopping cart.

I have been out of the game for a few years so what is fair rate for the initial design and updates??

riderx

Monkey
Aug 14, 2001
Fredrock
What's your time worth? Multiply that by how much time you'll need to spend.

If you want us to do your estimates for you, I'm sure we can all let you know our rates. :evil:

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Well...it depends how good you are, and how much money he has. Something like that from a quality web company generally goes for around $5000USD.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Ridemonkey said:
Well...it depends how good you are, and how much money he has. Something like that from a quality web company generally goes for around $5000USD.
yep yep... it's really very dependant on a whole lot of stuff, so it's hard to say, however...

the design is pretty easy. Hosting and maintaining can be simple, can be a bear. If he's going to want constant updates, then it's going to be a lot more expensive. Perhaps your quote can include x number of updates... like one per month or whatever is appropriate.

There are several good shopping cart packages out there (I assume you will be buying one, not coding your own), so figure that into everything.

If you want to talk about actual rates/fees/pricing, PM me and I'll let you know how I charge.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
I dont meen to be critical (ok i do) but if you are designing that get rid of the floating nav., if someone wants to navigate back they can scroll up, that just distracts from the subject matter. Also maybe retool the menu bar at the top, the graphics are a bit cheesy and dont look all that proffesional...Just suggestions

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Well no. I was referring to the project description, as opposed to the sample site.

There are a ton of variables, but the $5000 range is pretty safe. As for updates and hosting, I generally try to work out a monthly retainer fee for updates up to x hours. For a small business site with minor e-commerce you can get a package for around $30/month.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
I did my own damn crappy site.

:)

I kept it VERY simple in fear of it looking extra retarded by over-doing it.

I'd say $500 for the first page and $100 for each additional page and $50 for updates.

But I have no real idea what I am talking about.
:think:

me > :nuts: < myself