Quantcast

Web help? Files are reverting back (FTP)

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
Okay, so here's the deal...

I'm trying to update a website. Our team just got an eighth rider, so I had to update our riders page to reflect that. Got it all set locally, and uploaded it to the web. Brought up IE and checked it out and it was fine.

5 minutes later, I go back and the page has reverted back to the old page with only seven riders.

Any ideas?

It's not a cache problem. The page loaded correctly for about 5 minutes online. Then with a simple refresh(F5), it was back to the old. From then on, the new page is lost and must be uploaded again.

I've tried using the file upload tool provided by the host (Yahoo) and my own FTP client. Both do the same thing.

I've contacted Yahoo and they keep coming back with "our servers are fine," and, "it doesn't do that to us."

So, anyone have any suggestions? At this point, I'll try anything. I'm getting ready to switch hosts. And I don't believe this to be a rights issue as the page displays correctly for a few minutes before the revert.

Thanks monkeys.

Peter

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Have you done a directory listing of your website? Make sure all the files are there, and then double check the source code so that it is pointing to those files, not to files on your PC.

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
I've checked that and even use an alternate computer to check the site.

I just uploaded files again, checked the site on both PCs and it looked good.

I even refreshed the page a dozen or so times to check.

~5 minutes later, it reverted back on both PCs.

Thanks

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
It's in my sig.

www.teamspeedh.com
and specifically www.teamspeedh.com/riders.html

I'm still working on it, but the team wanted something up. I can't say it's impressive or anything, most of it is just there so sponsors have their links.

Yahoo has fixed my PHP problem, so I have a little faith they may be able to address this as well. (keeping fingers crossed)

I'm currently working on a new '06 site.

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
jacksonpt said:
I'm seeing all 8 riders...
Wait a few minutes.

I've been playing with it this morning in hopes that they fixed it.

It's reverted back to seven riders a couple times already today.

I promise. I'm not changing the file (other than trying to get the one with eight riders to stick). I'll leave it alone for a bit.

Thanks

edit: I would not mind looking like a fool here as long as I could start updating the site again.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Bump. Didn't see this thread before. I'm seeing 8 riders now, is the problem fixed or are you still seeing issues?

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
binary visions said:
Bump. Didn't see this thread before. I'm seeing 8 riders now, is the problem fixed or are you still seeing issues?
It looks like they finally fixed it. They never said what the problem was, but it started retaining the files eventually.

It only took many emails to them and finally giving them my login information so they could test it.

A few days later, I tried once again to upload files, and they stuck. I guess I don't care what was going wrong, only that it works now.

Thanks, though.