Quantcast

~~Wed. Morning~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I left work early yesterday because Bruzer was pretty sick when Aubrey got home.

Some how by the grace of god we were able to get an appointment at the vet for 7pm last night. On our way to the vet Aubrey's parents by pure chance bumped into their neighbors who had recently adopted a puppy from the same shelter as us who contracted Parvo and died from it. We didn't think to much of it since Bruzer was only a little sluggish. We went to the Vet and she did the regular exam during which I mentioned the above story which seemed to scare her a little. She gave us some basic meds and sent us home. About 1hr later at 8:30 at night she calls and says we scared her a bit so she ran a test and he came up clearly positive for Parvo. In most dogs they give them a 50/50 chance of living thru Parvo. By pure luck we were able to catch it early in him, also he had 1 of his 3 shots of distemper to fight Parvo, also he's a bit older than most dogs who get it all of which help his chances.
So I took the day off, we're sitting here making sure Bruzer gets exactly 1000ml's of his I.V. every hour and injecting him with Antibiotics. This is all a result of the previous owners who didn't get him the proper vaccinations and then the shelter not following up with the owners when they dropped him off.

So whatever everybody does to send good vibes we need them so send them Bruzer's way.

Tmeyer

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
SLC
Sorry to hear that man, I'm sure Bruzer will battle it out. Thoughts go out to him.......

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
I left work early yesterday because Bruzer was pretty sick when Aubrey got home.

Some how by the grace of god we were able to get an appointment at the vet for 7pm last night. On our way to the vet Aubrey's parents by pure chance bumped into their neighbors who had recently adopted a puppy from the same shelter as us who contracted Parvo and died from it. We didn't think to much of it since Bruzer was only a little sluggish. We went to the Vet and she did the regular exam during which I mentioned the above story which seemed to scare her a little. She gave us some basic meds and sent us home. About 1hr later at 8:30 at night she calls and says we scared her a bit so she ran a test and he came up clearly positive for Parvo. In most dogs they give them a 50/50 chance of living thru Parvo. By pure luck we were able to catch it early in him, also he had 1 of his 3 shots of distemper to fight Parvo, also he's a bit older than most dogs who get it all of which help his chances.
So I took the day off, we're sitting here making sure Bruzer gets exactly 1000ml's of his I.V. every hour and injecting him with Antibiotics. This is all a result of the previous owners who didn't get him the proper vaccinations and then the shelter not following up with the owners when they dropped him off.

So whatever everybody does to send good vibes we need them so send them Bruzer's way.

that sucks stosh... good vibes are sent to you and Bruzer!

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
Sorry to hear about bruzer, hope he gets better.

I worked another 16 hour day at the PD yesterday, doing disaster recovery stuff. This weekend the family and I are going to sunrise ski park for three days of downhill, horseback rides, and camping.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Holy Crap, that sucks stosh. Best wishes to Bruza!

Im about to go for a ride here in a few minutes.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Good luck with the pup Stosh, I'm sure he'll pull through!

It's my Friday today, and I'm headed to Maine on vacation in 8 hours. w00t!! :happydance:

splat

Nam I am
good luck Stosh.

First Day of School for my Kids. and As I road to work today saw lots of Kids waitng for the bus , and none of them looked exactly happy

But was pretty nice after a couple of rainny days , so I extened my Normal 11 Mile commute to a 20 Mile ride , would have liked to have gone longer. was also Wearing a Brand New Pair of LG shorts

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Sorry to hear about your pup, stosh. :(

We got spanked in our hockey game last night, thus ending our season. A couple of our players got frustrated and started doing stupid things near the end of the game and it got a little out of control. That kind of pissed me off. And our schedule is out for next season and we've been moved to the top division. *sigh* That should be interesting.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Parvo dogs are no fun to clean up after.

Good Luck.
Well, the only real action we get out of him is when he jump up to go out. We take him, and his I.V. out and he pees outside. He WILL NOT go inside.
Aubrey came home to his "mess" yesterday in his crate. He's all I.V. now.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Bummer, stosh. Sounds like you guys are really caring "doggie-parents" so I'm sure he'll come through just fine.

I didn't do a damn thing yesterday when I got home. Spent the whole day outside yesterday helping the guys load up some immense 70-foot roof trusses. It was an incredibly tiring affair and the 95 degree temps didn't make it anymore pleasant. Took a shower as soon as I hit the door and made a beeline right for the couch. Dog looked at me like "...Damn, man....I've been napping all day, yo. How's about a little trail-time, dude!"

I just smiled, popped the top on a cold one, and said "Sorry Charlie.....ain't happening today."

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Nothing brings you closer to your animal then helping them cheat death......

Bummer, stosh. Sounds like you guys are really caring "doggie-parents" so I'm sure he'll come through just fine.

I didn't do a damn thing yesterday when I got home. Spent the whole day outside yesterday helping the guys load up some immense 70-foot roof trusses. It was an incredibly tiring affair and the 95 degree temps didn't make it anymore pleasant. Took a shower as soon as I hit the door and made a beeline right for the couch. Dog looked at me like "...Damn, man....I've been napping all day, yo. How's about a little trail-time, dude!"

I just smiled, popped the top on a cold one, and said "Sorry Charlie.....ain't happening today."

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Sucks, stosh. Sorry to hear it. Good luck to Bruzer - I have nursed a dog and a cat through similar life-threatening situations. It's no fun but at least you know you're there for him :)

Not much happening here. Found out my only night class professor lives an hour away so she's never going to want to stay until the end of the class (9:00) which is great for me. I'd put a :thumb: smilie there, but it has not been reinstated :(

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Not much happening here. Found out my only night class professor lives an hour away so she's never going to want to stay until the end of the class (9:00) which is great for me.
A hour away?!! Let's see.......Greenville is in the middle of nowhere, so I'm guess an hour away from that would be BumFu*ked Egypt, no?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Got back from the Dr's a few hours ago. Bruzer seems good the Dr. actually thought he looked better than last night. I think we may have caught the disease in it's early stages and he might have beat it.

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
Got back from the Dr's a few hours ago. Bruzer seems good the Dr. actually thought he looked better than last night. I think we may have caught the disease in it's early stages and he might have beat it.
I sure as fvck hope so!

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
heyy stosh just checking in.. I'm sending good doggie vibes your way.. and so is Marcy and Lucy. I know what you are going through isn't easy..stay strong ,we wish you and bruzer the best of luck. you guys are in my thoughts