Quantcast

Wedding attire?

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
I have to go to a wedding and the invitation says to dress casually. What the heck is casual wedding attire? I have very little clothing that is at all remotely mainstream wedding appropriate anyways so I'm stumped.

It's an outdoor wedding if that makes a difference.

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
Assless chaps
Why do people say assless chaps?? Their chaps, by default they are assless. Totally redundant.

Besides, my "assless" chaps are at the dry cleaners and won't be back in time or that would have been the obvious choice.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Maybe you could get 661 to make you some custom chaps with built in knee pads.

That way spectators would feel obligated to throw dollar bills at you during race runs.

It would be a guaranteed way to make your entry fee back.

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
I like the potato. Custom assless chaps body armor is also a great idea. I think we're on to something here.

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
what state is it in? Some states casual wedding attire is a tuxedo t-shirt and a bottle of Jack Daniels.
Oregon, but not methy oregonians or I could just wear a tube top fashioned from a garbage sack and still be overdressed. Mostly university scientist type people.

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
Standard whitebread casual attire is khakis, dockers(socks optional), and polo. If you have bank and you want people to know it, a sweater draped over your shoulders with the sleeves tied in front.

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
Standard whitebread casual attire is khakis, dockers(socks optional), and polo. If you have bank and you want people to know it, a sweater draped over your shoulders with the sleeves tied in front.
Khakis and a polo would be a bit too butch lesbian for my taste. I was thinking more along the lines of dress or skirt?

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Khakis and a polo would be a bit too butch lesbian for my taste. I was thinking more along the lines of dress or skirt?
My best friend got married last summer and had a "casual" wedding. I was one of the best men and the bride picked out linen pants and a button up shirt that we rolled the sleeves up. My wife wore a nice sun dress. I would think that would be more than appropriate.

Who is it getting married? if they are friends, just call them up and ask, "hey, WTF should I wear?"

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Why do people say assless chaps?? Their chaps, by default they are assless. Totally redundant.

Besides, my "assless" chaps are at the dry cleaners and won't be back in time or that would have been the obvious choice.

Thank you.

pigboy

in a galaxy far, far away
being a word nerd I'm going to have to question the meaning of "casual wedding attire." Perhaps you're scanning it wrong or there is a typo?

is there a space missing:
casual wedding at tire
in this case some sort of NASCAR, F1, motocross or other racing themed clothing would be appropriate

is there an extra letter:
casual wedding a tire
in this case you obviously wear one tire. not two tires. one tire. and yes of course it would be assless

or maybe they aren't really serious about the whole wedding concept. hence the entire event is to be taken in a casual sort of attitude. In this case crying with happiness during the ceremony is gauche overkill. the main problem with this interpretation for me is how the hell the word "attire" fits in. but i'm thinking about it and by the time I finish scarfing down my breakfast I might have it figured out.

Last edited:

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
maybe for a guy.

Cute skirt, simple knit top or cute blouse, sandals.

or your stripper tassels.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
If you're not part of the wedding party, wear what you want.

I just attended a wedding last weekend, for a friend of my girlfriends. but not a real close friend, just a friend. My girl was telling me I needed to have a full button up shirt or my clothing wouldn't be acceptable....? I said no way am I buying a new shirt, just for a wedding. it became a big argument, with her offering/insisting that she was going to buy me a shirt.

I had in my closet a brand new, long sleeve, collared (that spelling looks odd..) shirt that matched a pair of green pants. So I wore that, with nice shoes. I looked fine. and my lady felt like a 'tard. Ha!

that's all I got..