Quantcast

Wedding Day Song List

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
SkaredShtles said:
Here's the thing - you'll be having such a good time at the reception that you won't even *remember* what songs were played. I would recommend not spending the time picking out the entire playlist. If there are 3 or 4 must have songs, just make sure the DJ knows.

Besides - guests will f**k up any planned playlist with their Godawful "requests." ;)
Actually the guy who's DJ our wedding has a kick butt selection of original Jamacian Ska and some original American Ska stuff I told him to mix in. He's also got a great selection of Soul music I'll be asking him to play from time to time. PS- I don't mean 70's soul.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
SkaredShtles said:
Here's the thing - you'll be having such a good time at the reception that you won't even *remember* what songs were played. I would recommend not spending the time picking out the entire playlist. If there are 3 or 4 must have songs, just make sure the DJ knows.

Besides - guests will f**k up any planned playlist with their Godawful "requests." ;)
2 things...if one goes to the trouble of planning details like what food's served, what the invites look like, what the wedding party wears, where the reception is, etc....then why should selecting the music be any different?

also, NO guest requests. period. unless they want to help pay for the DJ (or have a request you agree w/ ).

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
narlus said:
2 things...if one goes to the trouble of planning details like what food's served, what the invites look like, what the wedding party wears, where the reception is, etc....then why should selecting the music be any different?

also, NO guest requests. period. unless they want to help pay for the DJ (or have a request you agree w/ ).
It's funny the guy who owns the reception hall where we're having it at and he said guests only remember 2 things, the music and the food and I think that tends to be true.

However I trust my DJ to know what to play. I'm sure we'll give him a few requests but nowhere near what Ciran has done.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
narlus said:

<shrug>

At our wedding the music was mostly background. Maybe it's more important for others.......

No guest requests. That's funny. :p

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
bluebug32 said:
What is it with you and that song ;) Are you trying to tell us something?
Well funny you should say that because I think my IPOD is out to get me. It seems to shuffle that song up all the time.

Forget the DJ, get the Dan Band from Old School and they can sing their version of Lady.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
stosh said:
It's funny the guy who owns the reception hall where we're having it at and he said guests only remember 2 things, the music and the food and I think that tends to be true.
I guess I don't care what the guests remember. ;) I remember the food and the booze, though. :thumb:

However I trust my DJ to know what to play. I'm sure we'll give him a few requests but nowhere near what Ciran has done.
Yeah. If you have *every* song for the whole reception chosen, there's little point in even having a DJ, IMO. Better to get a good MC.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
SkaredShtles said:
<shrug>

At our wedding the music was mostly background. Maybe it's more important for others.......

No guest requests. That's funny. :p
would you have yr guests clamor for bud or miller, at the bar?

btw stosh, those box sets are not that expensive when you consider that they have 9 or 10 cds per set. i got mine a tad cheaper via ebay.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
:D Great suggestions! The JB is spot on. I think I may go ahead an have the DJ play I Feel Good after the vows. :thumb:

The only requests guests can make are off the list. I absolutely refuse to have the macarena played or done at my wedding. I am hoping to have the celine and other such stuff at the bottom of the play list or off it all together. And we'll have wine, a keg, and some homebrew. And champagne.

The music is important to us because well, music is important to us. And it was one of the few things I could contribute to the wedding that I actually liked doing. Most of my family and friends know I love music, controlling it I think is expected. Gotta get more Cramps in there. The hard part is finding enough punk rock love songs. And most of the Descendents songs are about not being able to get the girl.

The DJ is a friend of mine. Has all the equipment and experience. So he knows when to play fast songs and when to play slow ones and is a great MC.

3 days left.... gettin nervous... I hope it all goes well.

:help:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
narlus said:
would you have yr guests clamor for bud or miller, at the bar?

btw stosh, those box sets are not that expensive when you consider that they have 9 or 10 cds per set. i got mine a tad cheaper via ebay.
Ok cool I'll keep an eye out for them.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
SkaredShtles said:
Oh - they'll *love* that....... :rolleyes:
Pvssy. ;)
When it's their wedding they can pick the music. We're being tough... no kids either. Our guests are going to love us. :p

Here's where we are getting married. It's the back deck of her parents house...

Hey Stosh, you wanna use our song list for your wedding? You getting nervous? :D

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Batman said:
"F *ck the Pain Away" - Peaches.
hahahaha....

ciaran - you could pretty much do the entire Anal C*nt cd _Picnic of Love_.

1. Picnic Of Love
2. Greed Is Something That We Don't Need
3. I Wanna Grow Old With You
4. I'd Love To Have Your Daughter's Hand In Marriage
5. I Couldn't Afford To Buy You A Present (So I Wrote You This Song)
6. Waterfall Wishes
7. I'm Not That Kind Of Boy
8. Saving Ourselves For Marriage
9. I Respect Your Feelings As A Woman And A Human
10. In My Heart There's A Star Named After You

:D

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
a couple of others: ;)

radiohead - a punchup at a wedding
guided by voices - big boring wedding
guided by voices - the brides have hit glass

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
SkaredShtles said:
Not really. I love kids at wedding receptions. We had a ton of kids at ours.

I guess if it was going to be a fancy-schmancy affair I might. :thumb:
I don't like kids at weddings, I tend to get drunk a swear a lot. Actually I don't really care. Correction: parents don't like me at weddings.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
SkaredShtles said:
Not really. I love kids at wedding receptions. We had a ton of kids at ours.

I guess if it was going to be a fancy-schmancy affair I might. :thumb:
Part of it was that we just don't have the room. It's a small place and inviting kids would mean like 20+ kids pf all ages. In addition we didn;t want kids running around screaming. We're kinda curmudgeony like that. :D We like kids, but 20 of them is a lot of kids. And we couldn;t say yes to some but no to others without insulting people.

Dang, Lime Wire is going to be busy tonight. I have a lot of songs to find. I can see it now...
"Gee Son, I like this song. Who is this?"
"Well Mom, it's by Anal C*nt!" :D

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
Ciaran said:
Part of it was that we just don't have the room. It's a small place and inviting kids would mean like 20+ kids pf all ages. In addition we didn;t want kids running around screaming. We're kinda curmudgeony like that. :D We like kids, but 20 of them is a lot of kids. And we couldn;t say yes to some but no to others without insulting people.
We had our reception at the Officer's Club at Wright Pat AFB. Plenty of room for screaming kids. ;)

But try this on for size - my brother in law got married this past July and had my two older boys (4 & 2 at the time), his 18 month old daughter, and his two stepdaughters (6 & 9 maybe) IN the friggin' ceremony. :eek:

I told him he was more insane than I had initially determined.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Ciaran said:
When it's their wedding they can pick the music. We're being tough... no kids either. Our guests are going to love us. :p

Here's where we are getting married. It's the back deck of her parents house...

Hey Stosh, you wanna use our song list for your wedding? You getting nervous? :D
Pan the camera to the right so you can see my old house!!

Congrats, man...wish we coulda been there...

MD

BrokenChain

Monkey
Oct 26, 2001
NWCT
The only songs I requested for my wedding were Dropkick Murphys Upstarts & Broken Hearts and Forever. I let her pick everything else.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
narlus said:
how about joy division's - Love Will Tear Us Apart?

:D
heh...but New Order's "Temptation" might honestly fit the mood better.

I dig that song.

Or if they're feeling REALLY gay-friendly, they could play "Just Can't Get Enough" by Depeche Mode...or even (yikes) "Somebody."

(Maybe they're on the list...I couldn't open it on this korean computer...)

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Goddy43 said:
Less Than Jake - Pete jackson is getting Married, that way you can have mosh pit!!!
Excellent. I like a good mosh pit at weddings. Shoulda bought new Docs for the wedding. I bought some new creepers for the wedding... I hate tux shoes.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Ciaran said:
Excellent. I like a good mosh pit at weddings. Shoulda bought new Docs for the wedding. I bought some new creepers for the wedding... I hate tux shoes.
LOL - We did that at my buddies wedding. Unfortunately we were drunk and wearing kilts... and people had their camera's ready.