Quantcast

Wedding Day Song List

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
what's the significance of the bold titles?

you gotta put the reverend in there. al green's "let's stay together".

we had louis armstrong's "what a wonderful world" as the song we danced to.

i'm digging the husker choice. inspired! :thumb:

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
OK... add some songs... gotcha!

The bold are titles I need to go buy. We have all the rest.

We are dancing to Spending The Day In The Shirt That You Wore by Poi Dog Pondering.

We tried to pick all love songs that weren't broken hearted love songs. Some we were less stringent on and went with Lust Songs. :D

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
there's no good reason to buy a Celine Dion song. :dead:

how about Van Morrison's "jackie wilson said"? great tune.

if you want a swinging waltz type song, go w/ camper van beethoven's "borderline". or choose "sweethearts", though the reference to ronald reagan may be off-putting to some guests.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
"Keep Hangin On" and "Green Eyes" by Husker Du wouldn't be that bad either.

"The Working Girls Are Fine" by the Pernice brothers would be a nice wedding song to.

sunny

Grammar Civil Patrol
Jul 2, 2004
Sandy Eggo, CA
I would add these:
Sinatra - Fly me to the Moon
Lifehouse - Spin
Basia - Yearning
The Proclaimers - I Would Walk 500 Miles
Hootie & The Blowfish - Hold My Hand
Scorpions - No One Like You
Pat McGee Band - Wonderful
The Darkness - I Believe in a Thing Called Love

And I would make sure I like every song played.

While slow songs are nice and go well with the mood, more up-beat songs are fun.

Before the wedding as people were arriving, I played Bach's Brandenberg conciertos. I prefer the 3rd movement of most of the them, so I recorded all the 3rd movements back-to-back. It was lovely.

I wish you many happy years! :)

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
mack said:
Damn, beat me to it.

How about some of the doors?
Which Billy Idol?
And the bigger question... How do we pick which ones go on the CD we are going to burn and give away to everyone? :confused:

We have Touch Me, and You Make Me Real on there. More Doors?

Ahhh... Celine Dion... well that may acidentally be forgotten while I find music... Sorry Honey. I don't know why it's not there...

Dang, so many more songs to add to the list. But we're playin them all!

And the Cramps rock.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Ciaran said:
This is our song list for the wedding. Whadda ya think?

SONG LIST

It's an excell spreadsheet. I was going to post the list here as text but I can't get it to look right without removing a whole lot of formatting.

Comments? Suggestions? I only have 4 days! :help: :p

dude, thats like 15 hours of music...thats a mighty long reception, I hope for your guests sake its open bar

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
douglas said:
dude, thats like 15 hours of music...thats a mighty long reception, I hope for your guests sake its open bar
assuming a 4 minute song, he's got 11+ hrs cued up and ready to go.

once he gets rid of the crap like journey, celine dion, et al, it will be more manageable.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
narlus said:
my wife's friend had the DJ play "I Feel Good" right after the vows were exchanged, which i thought worked well.
It would have been better if he played "It's A Mans World". A round of "Hot Pants" when the bride walked down the aisle would have been nice too.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Aubrey wants me to do this too.....

I'm not really sure why, the DJ we hired is totally awesome and I trust his judgement however.... you have some real unique songs and I love almost everything you have.

PS. You need more Chuck Berry and Dead Milkmen.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
stosh said:
Aubrey wants me to do this too.....

I'm not really sure why, the DJ we hired is totally awesome and I trust his judgement however.... you have some real unique songs and I love almost everything you have.

PS. You need more Chuck Berry and Dead Milkmen.
Here's the thing - you'll be having such a good time at the reception that you won't even *remember* what songs were played. I would recommend not spending the time picking out the entire playlist. If there are 3 or 4 must have songs, just make sure the DJ knows.

Besides - guests will f**k up any planned playlist with their Godawful "requests." ;)