Quantcast

Wedding Favors.

Woos

Chimp
May 25, 2006
Kitsap, WA
So my fiance and I are getting married in May (yay!) and I want to do something super unique for wedding favors, that they would remember. I was thinking like those tiny bike toys that were popular a while back, or custom water bottles, or I saw some heart-shaped lights (a leetle girly for me, being heart-shaped and all, but a cute idea) but I can't find someone who actualy manufactures them. Any ideas? Or any other cool favor ideas?

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
water bottles are useful, even for non-cyclists.

Best wedding favors are ones that combine function with the personality of the bride and groom. So water bottle is cool. What other hobbies might you two have?

We're lucky in that we're giving away stuff that my bride-to-be (February 2007) has a lot of swag from work to give away. So that's not costing us anything.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Bike wheel design on cloth table napkins? We can do it.

Sorry for the spam, but see my sig.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Cool!!! Crafty bike things are always fun in my book.

I like the idea of the waterbottles a) because you can never have too many and b) because they are useful to everyone (not just cyclists). I have been to SO many weddings where the favors aren't really useful and I end up tossing them or leaving them on the table.

How many people are you expecting, that would drive the cost factor for sure.

The chain ring frames are a cool idea but I think they might get a tad expensive. I have also seen bicycle cookie cutters and have received several metal cookie cutters (hearts, roses, etc.) filled with candies sometimes, other times not and usually with a ribbon stating the bride & groom names & date tied to it.

If you like the picture frame idea, you could use actual bicycle chains to make them and that might be less expensive (you can get SS chains REALLY inexpensively, they even come in colors and they'll make more than 1 frame each). You might even have bicycle themed centerpieces rather than individual favors if the majority of the guests aren't into cycling.