Quantcast

Wedding gifts to your wedding party

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
I got my best man a Camelbak. Not very wedding-ey, but it was August, so he needed it.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Nothing, I had no wedding party. My gift to my friend that showed up was an afternoon by the pool drinking and hanging out and dinner at Nobu. You should really elope. (is that how you spell that word?)

mogulskr

Monkey
Aug 28, 2002
NH
I gave them all watches. I have received - a monogramed flask, a monogramed beer stine, a Taylor Made Driver and a Ping Golf bag. I was the best man at the last 2.

vinnycactus

Monkey
May 27, 2004
Matthews, NC
my wifes uncle is a salesman for Bacco Bucci shoes. i had all the guys agree to a shoe style they would like and could wear not only in our wedding but afterwards as well. hence, they all got nice Italian shoes.

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
My friend's husband got his party cool beer glasses with the flag (or crest or something) of the country of their heritage and their last names on them. They looked pretty cool... too bad he's an idiot. :rolleyes:

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I got one of them an EMS gift card (he camps a lot). I got another guy a Swiss Army knife. I had two other ushers and my best man and I can't remember what I got them.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
I gave one of my bestmen a Dukes of Hazard watch that I found at the dump and an autographed publicity shot of the entire cast that I found on ebay. That sounds pretty odd I know, but when we were little kids growing up we watched the Duke boys together every Friday night religiously. It was actually a pretty thoughtful gift.

My other bestman, I gave this insane Russian whitewater rafting video. These guys had to make everything by hand because they couldn't buy it in Russia then they ran Class V+ rapids in the middle of nowhere Siberia. At some point during the movie they all got drunk, naked and started flogging themselves with branches. It's pretty freaking hilarious. Anyway, my buddy is a die hard whitewater boater and a bit of a freak himself so I thought he'd get a kick out of it.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jdschall said:
I gave one of my bestmen a Dukes of Hazard watch that I found at the dump and an autographed publicity shot of the entire cast that I found on ebay. That sounds pretty odd I know, but when we were little kids growing up we watched the Duke boys together every Friday night religiously. It was actually a pretty thoughtful gift.

My other bestman, I gave this insane Russian whitewater rafting video. These guys had to make everything by hand because they couldn't buy it in Russia then they ran Class V+ rapids in the middle of nowhere Siberia. At some point during the movie they all got drunk, naked and started flogging themselves with branches. It's pretty freaking hilarious. Anyway, my buddy is a die hard whitewater boater and a bit of a freak himself so I thought he'd get a kick out of it.
Thats what I wanted to do for my guys... but... I'm like totally out of creativity.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
We had our wedding out on a double-decker boat at the beach here in NC. We all wore flowery shirts and linen shorts. I bought the guys their outfits. That's pretty much it. Since our wedding was held 3 hours away from where we live, we just asked that the guests bring themselves and not worry about giving us a wedding gift or anything like that. Just a big-assed party that we threw for our closest friends and family. It was awesome.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
llkoolkeg said:
I got 'em all personal monogrammed flasks from Things Remembered in the mall...
I would have thought something smokeable......

cadmus

Monkey
May 24, 2006
PNW
I gave them Multi-tools engraved w/ their initials and a 6 pack of the best beer I ever brewed.... damn I wish I'd kept that beer.

One wedding I was in, the groom gave us engraved money clips w/ Mariner's tickets in them. That was cool, we all went to a game together after they got back from their honeymoon.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
stevew said:
Bs were made available after the rehearsal dinner, when my boys got their flasks...which were unfilled. A 9oz flask full of hash oil would have certainly done the trick, but I was not so blessed with supply as to be able to do that. :evil:

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Zark said:
An engraved flask filled with scotch sends the right message;)
That's what I got for my groomsmen, except they weren't monogrammed. They did however contain a 12 year old single malt scotch. :drool: I also gave them matching pairs of sunglasses, since the wedding was at the beach, and a sterling silver penannular brooch since they both play the medieval game with me.

All in all, I'd say they made out like bandits.
stevew said:
One of them got that too. :p

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Zark said:
An engraved flask filled with scotch sends the right message;)
Hell yeah! I would have loved one of those too :evil:

We got our party non-traditional things (all were into biking/hunting etc. so we went with their likes and got them things along those lines). Earl has received an engraved beer stein, good bottle of bourbon, etc.