Quantcast

Wedding Gifts

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Why do people need to recieve material goods when getting married? I don't want to hear the line about "just starting out" If ya ain't got sheets, then maybe rushing into marriage isn't the best thing for ya right now huh?

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
As someone who is getting married in less then a month and is beginning to hate weddings I can say that the only redeeming thing about a wedding (aside from being married to The GF) is that you get stuff!

So far we have recieved:

Espresso maker :drool:

Ice cream maker

beer glasses

too many tea pots

She made us register at Target and Crate&Barrel. I made us register at REI.

You don't have to give a present. Just go eat the cake and drink the free beer.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
dh girlie said:
Yeah if you spend 100 bucks on a gift and all you get is some lousy dry cake, cheap beer and a fat ugly bridesmaid slobbin on yer knob...that's pretty bad...HAHAHAHAHAH
Well, we are going to have an awsome cake, very good beer (keg of Sierra Nevada and some 50+ bottles of homebrewed stout), and wine. There are only two bridesmaids and they are both married, but anyone is welcome to call a hooker.

And we registered for some cheap gifts too! (I have cheap friends)

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
well....if one side of your family is f'n insane & has a beef with your Mother & they are insane, did I say that already? You dont get jack from them....even a damn "congrats". did i say half of my family tree is f'n insane?

who needs 5 george foreman grills anyways?

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
AnotherMike said:
Well, we are going to have an awsome cake, very good beer (keg of Sierra Nevada and some 50+ bottles of homebrewed stout), and wine. There are only two bridesmaids and they are both married, but anyone is welcome to call a hooker.

And we registered for some cheap gifts too! (I have cheap friends)
NOOOOOO! I was NOT talking about you....please...don't think that!

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
dh girlie said:
Y'all having a theme wedding where you dress up like knights and stuff?
Nah. We wanted to, but our families are fuddy duddies. No way I would be able to get my mom in a medieval dress. But my bachelor party will likely take place at a big medieval event that we do every year. My friends are going to get me so trashed :help: Imagine if you will 500+ medievalists drinking waaaaay too much home made alcohol, carrying swords, reveling in their drunken debauchery, singing bawdy songs around a campfire. Girls running around drunk with their boobs spilling out of their bodices. :drool: That's going to be my bachelor party. :thumb:

We decided on a small wedding, big honeymoon. 75 or so people, at her parents place on the beach. Then 3 weeks in Ireland! Yee-haw!!!

I didn't think you were insulting my wedding. My friends really are cheap. :D

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Allright Mike. Where's my invite and are any of the bridesmaid's hot MILF's? Hot non-MILF's will work of course ;)