Quantcast

@#$%wedneaday what am I thinking gmt%$#@

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Greetings from SLC, I am egaged, energized and ready to kill it during the back half!!!

In other news, life here at the Little America is pretty rough. Yesterday the barista lady took $3.45 in change from a ten dollar bill, looked at me while she dropped it into her tip jar and said "it's OK?". She didn't even pretend to give me a choice. I needed coffee bad so I complied with the dragon lady's suggestion.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
20151013_170925.jpg

what I came home to last night. had a bit more straightening out to do in the evening, but I think we're pretty much in the thick of it now, and the worst of the cleaning out is done. I might, just maybe, be able to go for a ride tonight. It's gorgeous out now... here's the view from my office:
20151014_085550.jpg

those hills on the far right is where I go riding. My house is just barely out of the frame to the left. We're having a glorious fall this year, the colours are beautiful.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Greetings from SLC, I am egaged, energized and ready to kill it during the back half!!!

In other news, life here at the Little America is pretty rough. Yesterday the barista lady took $3.45 in change from a ten dollar bill, looked at me while she dropped it into her tip jar and said "it's OK?". She didn't even pretend to give me a choice. I needed coffee bad so I complied with the dragon lady's suggestion.
Wait, so a $3.45 tip on a $6.55 order? FTS.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

Not even close. You should have made her dig it out just to spite her.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Early morning ride with some nice weather too. Strange knee pain developed Sunday maybe from playing soccer on Saturday I think/hope. Then it was gone on the ride to work. Getting old sucks.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Watched the debate last night. Have to say, O'Maley actually had the most 'presidential' pose and balance. Hilary is the champion deflector, not surprisingly. And Bernie is, well... Bernie. Hopefully Bernie can make some headway because Mrs. Status Quo is not going to get us anywhere. I see a very low turnout from Dem's if she gets the nomination, which means Republican president.

Otherwise, work is work. All studying for my exam, all day long. Parts for the car are all on expedited delivery and should be here Friday. Hopefully I can get the car running this weekend. One annoying thing that is a low priority items is that the bottom of the bumper is pretty cracked from a parking curb. Hopefully I can find one for cheap in the near future. I'd prefer to not have to pay out another $600 to get it replaced and painted.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Finally got past the post vaccination waiting period, so it's off to the hospital to donate the blood i tired to give 6 weeks ago. Furnace guy @ noon, probably spend the day doing house stuff. Coffee is working it's magic.

Had a strange dream last night that reminded me of this

http://enquirer.com/editions/1998/08/16/loc_crashvan16.html

My apartment was just a few hundred feet from the accident. I am pretty sure I was behind that van right before I turned off the highway to go home. By the time I got home I could hear sirens.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Otherwise, work is work. All studying for my exam, all day long. Parts for the car are all on expedited delivery and should be here Friday. Hopefully I can get the car running this weekend. One annoying thing that is a low priority items is that the bottom of the bumper is pretty cracked from a parking curb. Hopefully I can find one for cheap in the near future. I'd prefer to not have to pay out another $600 to get it replaced and painted.
Can't you just repair the bumper?

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Can't you just repair the bumper?
I'm not that good (at all really) with plastic repair and it's pretty bad damage. Also it's where part of the fender liner mounts, so there is load on the spot. I would need to check the cost, because I can get a replacement bumper for about $300 and just need to get it painted, so probably $500 overall. But it's something that I will need to save for (ie sell some crap) as Wifey won't like me spending that kind of cash for a non-visible cosmetic repair. I can also see what it would cost to have it repaired.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
who'd a thunk it.....white folks who ride expensive bikes are cheapskates when it comes to tipping....

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
The driver was supposed to pick me up at 11. I guess I am going to be Rockstar late. My Youtube cooking channel goes live today....

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Throwback for the old guys: Does anybody remember which mtb movie had a scene with Dave Watson and Thomas Vanderham, shot from above played to a symphony song? It was back when Watson was on a GT iDrive (iirc), so it's an old one.

I'm trying to find the title of the musical piece. If it's any reference, it's the source piece for James Horner's piece at the end of Glory when they charge the fort.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Meth or Crack?

:D

I hope you showed cleavage
Crack. Not much money in Meth around here. I am all skinny and shit. I went to Mens Wearhouse and bought a new suit. Hairs are all cut. I shaved and showered also... I may brush both teef before I have to leave....

45 minutes late. No call. Shes fired!

Last edited:

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Reading leases first thing in the morning makes my eyes burn!

I like the Frankenstein bumper repair!

Poor Buffalo was working in the shop until 10 last night on the Sportsmobile. Apparently we used up all the rear brake pads, and there is something else brake-related (above my pay grade, that's why I hire him ;)) wrong. Extremely grateful to be married to a mechanic.

My newly repaired Subaru is next in line, as the day it got back from the shop for engine repair, the check engine light came on with a strong gas smell. Six weeks later (Sunday) he looked at it and found gas spurting from a line (best guess is that one of the Ru mechanics leaned on it and didn't notice/fix it at the time). Buffalo said to me, "Welp, would you rather drive a vehicle with no brakes to work, or one that might catch on fire?" ...ummm... He epoxied the break and the patch is holding for now. Did I mention that I'm grateful for Buffalo?

:wub:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Crack. Not much money in Meth around here. I am all skinny and shit. I went to Mens Wearhouse and bought a new suit. Hairs are all cut. I shaved and showered also... I may brush both teef before I have to leave....

45 minutes late. No call. Shes fired!
Had a interesting conversation with a USC professor on why Meth is so much more of a problem out west than it is in the east. Hypothesized conclusion: The Mob.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Reading leases first thing in the morning makes my eyes burn!

I like the Frankenstein bumper repair!

Poor Buffalo was working in the shop until 10 last night on the Sportsmobile. Apparently we used up all the rear brake pads, and there is something else brake-related (above my pay grade, that's why I hire him ;)) wrong. Extremely grateful to be married to a mechanic.

My newly repaired Subaru is next in line, as the day it got back from the shop for engine repair, the check engine light came on with a strong gas smell. Six weeks later (Sunday) he looked at it and found gas spurting from a line (best guess is that one of the Ru mechanics leaned on it and didn't notice/fix it at the time). Buffalo said to me, "Welp, would you rather drive a vehicle with no brakes to work, or one that might catch on fire?" ...ummm... He epoxied the break and the patch is holding for now. Did I mention that I'm grateful for Buffalo?

:wub:
Don't Y'all also have some 510s?

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Don't Y'all also have some 510s?
Two! The daily commuter (1970 510 wagon) is in pieces on the shop floor (he was thinking the Sporty or bike would be reliable alternates until the fix there is complete...whoops). The one that should be a drift car (1972 510 wagon) is not running and operating as a crap-collector shelf in the garage. 4 out of 4 cars are broken and it keeps raining so the motorcycle that actually runs fine is not his favorite commuter option just now. After writing that, I think it's time I learned how to do some of these things to help take the burden off of him! But for now, I'll just keep him fed and in clean clothes.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Two! The daily commuter (1970 510 wagon) is in pieces on the shop floor (he was thinking the Sporty or bike would be reliable alternates until the fix there is complete...whoops). The one that should be a drift car (1972 510 wagon) is not running and operating as a crap-collector shelf in the garage. 4 out of 4 cars are broken
Perhaps Buffalo could send them to Stoney? :rofl: