Quantcast

@#$%wedneaday what am I thinking gmt%$#@

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
skibunny...do either of your 510 wagons have faux wood paneling on the side...mine did.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Had a interesting conversation with a USC professor on why Meth is so much more of a problem out west than it is in the east. Hypothesized conclusion: The Mob.
No where to make it without getting noticed. The Mob doesn't really exist here anymore (Alive and well in Montreal however). Biker gangs rule the roost and control the Drug flow. Most notably the Kingsmen who control everything West of the Hudson. Everything East of the Hudson is controlled by Irish Kids from Massachusetts and Connecticut Prisons, The Brockton MA and Enfield CT chapters of the Hells Angels and the Police in Hartford, Springfield, and Troy NY (Old guard FSU members who grew up and became cops). They aren't very organized and make most of their money from Heroin from Montreal and Pills.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
.. He epoxied the break and the patch is holding for now.
I can't find a cringe smiley. Epoxy is good stuff but not good stuff for fuel lines. Fiery death isn't a very fun kind of death, even less fun as a form of almost dying. At least carry a fire extinguisher in the car.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
We had Solar City come out today because there have been some issues with the panels. When they went up, they found some substantial damage where two roof lines meet. Apparently some flying animal has decided to tak up residency in our attic and ripped a bunch of shingles off to get into the space.
It's supposed to rain this weekend, so we have a roofer coming by (hopefully today) for an estimate. I'm having trouble getting into contact with a pest control company that deals with birds. I really don't need to deal with this isht right now.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I guess, somewhere in my head, that I must have known this, but I was making lunch after todays blood donation and thinking about how long it will take to repay my literal blood debt. If I donate exactly every 2 months, at this point it will take me 9.2 years to return what it took to keep me alive.

Fuck.

I'm going drinking.

Last edited:

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
They all have pretty much turned into a pile of iron oxide on this coast.
That is extremely unfortunate. The 1970 was a single owner granny who wanted to sell it to him for $50. He couldn't accept that, so talked her into $100. Not bad, eh?

I can't find a cringe smiley. Epoxy is good stuff but not good stuff for fuel lines. Fiery death isn't a very fun kind of death, even less fun as a form of almost dying. At least carry a fire extinguisher in the car.
Fire Extinguisher is a great idea. This is a temporary patch so he could fix the brakes on the van, so I can drive the van, so he can take the Ru to the shop, and replace the line later this week or next week. For now, it is brilliant....

Maybe we should have just bit the bullet and bought a new car rather than fixing the Ru. Especially in light of my new position and raise....

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
That is extremely unfortunate. The 1970 was a single owner granny who wanted to sell it to him for $50. He couldn't accept that, so talked her into $100. Not bad, eh?

Fire Extinguisher is a great idea. This is a temporary patch so he could fix the brakes on the van, so I can drive the van, so he can take the Ru to the shop, and replace the line later this week or next week. For now, it is brilliant....

Maybe we should have just bit the bullet and bought a new car rather than fixing the Ru. Especially in light of my new position and raise....
Perhaps something with ///M Factor to reflect your B///M position.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I guess, somewhere in my head, that I must have known this, but I was making lunch after todays blood donation and thinking about how long it will take to repay my literal blood debt. If I donate exactly every 2 months, at this point it will take me 9.2 years to return what it took to keep me alive.

Fuck.

I'm going drinking.
You a leaky mother fucker.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
We had Solar City come out today because there have been some issues with the panels. When they went up, they found some substantial damage where two roof lines meet. Apparently some flying animal has decided to tak up residency in our attic and ripped a bunch of shingles off to get into the space.
It's supposed to rain this weekend, so we have a roofer coming by (hopefully today) for an estimate. I'm having trouble getting into contact with a pest control company that deals with birds. I really don't need to deal with this isht right now.
Just talked to a roofer. He said to just patch it and let the bird deal with any reprecutions, whether it's in there or not. Brutal. I like this guy.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Greetings from SLC, I am egaged, energized and ready to kill it during the back half!!!

In other news, life here at the Little America is pretty rough. Yesterday the barista lady took $3.45 in change from a ten dollar bill, looked at me while she dropped it into her tip jar and said "it's OK?". She didn't even pretend to give me a choice. I needed coffee bad so I complied with the dragon lady's suggestion.
That deserves a fist full of ass pennies for a tip next time you go there. Or just walk out without paying and tell her to take it from yesterday's tip and, say "it's Ok." Unless you were acting like a dick, that is just not acceptable.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Just talked to a roofer. He said to just patch it and let the bird deal with any reprecutions, whether it's in there or not. Brutal. I like this guy.
The 'reprecussion' will be your house smelling like dead animals are in your attic.

You'll know it's bats if you hang out and dusk and they fly out. I'm guessing something with 4 legs.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Went by Target to pick up an Otterbox Commuter for the new iTimeWaster that will arrive tomorrow. That piece of crap wouldn't offer much more protection that a few strategically placed rubber bands.

Anyone got any suggestions for an decent case at a reasonable price ?

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
The 'reprecussion' will be your house smelling like dead animals are in your attic.

You'll know it's bats if you hang out and dusk and they fly out. I'm guessing something with 4 legs.
I would agree, but there is basically no way for a non-flying creature to get to that spot. Also, there is bird isht all over the area.

Last edited:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy peoples. I have nothing of interest to report today. I think my vehicle is still working fine but I haven't turned it on since Saturday: no reason not to bike to work in this weather when I live 3 miles away.

Fuck.

I'm going drinking.
Watch it. I gave at the minimum interval for many years and wound up anemic in the early 2000s...