Quantcast

>>>Wednesday "are we there yet"GMT<<

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Eff, my legs are feeling last night's track workout (8.4 miles, 7:11 pace). I'll grab an hour on the spin bike tonight. I've been watching the Star Wars Clone Wars series during the spin sessions. I am surprised at how much I am enjoying that show. I'm only 10 episodes in.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Morning monkies, I slept for 8 hours at a 60 minute pace last night. Yesterday I had to fire someone for misdirecting 45 hundred dollars in 45 days!!! That be felony theft. We flew in a recovery expert who was able to get a written signed admission of theft.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I'm a fool, stayed up way too late last night.

Hopefully I don't have to leave my office much today. I really do not feel like moving.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning. Crazy hell week is half over! YEAH!!!!
3 year old is trying to to be assertive.....she refuses to go to her swim class because it's "boring" she "doesn't need to be scheduled like this, she needs to play" and she "already knows how to swim, she's not a baby". :rolleyes:
We're in trouble with this one!
I think I'll brew myself a nice cup of coffee and listen to some jazz now to prep for my jazz rehearsal.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
What up peeps?
Alpenglow this morn was phenomenal!!!!
I had part of my toenail removed the other day so I can't swim for at least a week. Sucks!

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Morning. Crazy hell week is half over! YEAH!!!!
3 year old is trying to to be assertive.....she refuses to go to her swim class because it's "boring" she "doesn't need to be scheduled like this, she needs to play" and she "already knows how to swim, she's not a baby". :rolleyes:
We're in trouble with this one!
What do you mean trouble? Sounds like you're gonna have it made...

"Get after it, Honey. Do what you're gonna do. Be careful cooking meals for yourself." :D

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Spots of black ice on the drive in this morning, that will get your hear rate up (drifting a 3/4 ton truck :rofl: ) Training all day today. Yesterdays "training" seemed like an 8 hour sales pitch for Microsoft Assure, dear lord.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Mother f'er. Tried to go to bed at 11 last night. Toddler work up about 11:30 and cried until about 1 for some damn non-legitimate reason. Then couldn't stop coughing enough to sleep until about 3. FML right now. Of course it's day I have an overtime shift until 10pm or so.

But hey, it's actually raining in SoCal this week.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
It really was, wasn't it? Longs Peak was simply spectacular - almost completely covered in reddish-orange snow.

Hopefully this was caused by the excessive amount of skiing?? :brows:
Yes, Derek says the secret to all my sporting success is my long toes. He's convinced they make me superhuman.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Earplugs. People think I'm kidding... :think:
100% don't think you're kidding. I looked around but couldn't find any foamies. I usually have some around. I ended up putting my earbuds in and listening to music off my phone. Didn't take much volume to cancel it out. Couldn't stop coughing though :(

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
drifting a 3/4 ton truck :rofl:
Don't jimmydean it. :D

I successfully swapped out a NEMA 14-50R receptacle (ok, redundant with that R) for a 6-50R and mounted up the EV supply equipment for the wife's RAV4 EV. The best part of this is that I didn't electrocute myself with 50A @ 240V.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
Don't jimmydean it. :D

I successfully swapped out a NEMA 14-50R receptacle (ok, redundant with that R) for a 6-50R and mounted up the EV supply equipment for the wife's RAV4 EV. The best part of this is that I didn't electrocute myself with 50A @ 240V.
Didn't electrocute yourself because you turned the power off at the panel, right? :think:

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
I though the toddler was coughing. :D Prescription cough syrup? :brows:
Nope he was just being a jerk for some reason. Ended up crying himself to sleep. I think there's times he's not super tired and wakes up from a pseudo nap rather than sleep all night. Not often but it happens.

I seriously might need a dr appointment. I'm fine during the day but haven't had a solid nights sleep all week. Wake up coughing uncontrollably.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Didn't electrocute yourself because you turned the power off at the panel, right? :think:
I just made really, really sure to not touch the wires together and to keep myself ungrounded. :D For this one outlet the breaker's outside on a subpanel. Makes it much easier to switch off than running to the main panel the basement.

I though the toddler was coughing. :D
I thought the same.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
I seriously might need a dr appointment. I'm fine during the day but haven't had a solid nights sleep all week. Wake up coughing uncontrollably.
Try omeprazole or another proton pump inhibitor. Could be reflux. It's over the counter at drugstores and Costco and the like.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Nah just getting over being sick. Probably have a sinus infection or something. I think when I lay down my sinuses drain and cause me to cough.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Assure? Make sure you don't put that on your resume...

:D
It seems more like a timeshare presentation than actual TFS training. Not sure if the company paid him for this, or if it came "free" with our adaptation to TFS? Either way, the cloud is not in the future here.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I finally voiced a complaint about shitheel coworker. All I got in response was the excuse that he "has a lot going on". Don't know if anything will happen in the background, but this sounds like enabling to me.

Done with this shit.

In more amusing news. I went to pickup a new pair of glasses. I only need a prescription for the left eye. They only bothered to put anti-glare coating on the left lens. They admitted it was wrong but said it meets their quality control standards and asked if I would accept it. I pretty much laughed my way out the door.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Not sure if it was yesterday's questionable lunch in Grants, or something else, but my stomach is in full revolt this morning. I can't remember the last time I pooped so much in such a short amount of time. Almost had a horrible accident on mile 8 of an 11 mile run. Thank god for the new corner 7-11, that toilet will never be the same.

I finally voiced a complaint about shitheel coworker.
Did you call him feckless?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Not sure if it was yesterday's questionable lunch in Grants, or something else, but my stomach is in full revolt this morning. I can't remember the last time I pooped so much in such a short amount of time. Almost had a horrible accident on mile 8 of an 11 mile run. Thank god for the new corner 7-11, that toilet will never be the same.

Did you call him feckless?
I mentioned that his projects I am covering are a bit of a disaster. I was asked if he "dumped an ran" on me. I said yes and I was rather pissed off about it. I was told he has a lot going on. A lot going on, like calling in sick for a week when he wasn't sick then taking vacation. While I took care of his shit, while I was on vacation.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
I mentioned that his projects I am covering are a bit of a disaster. I was asked if he "dumped an ran" on me. I said yes and I was rather pissed off about it. I was told he has a lot going on. A lot going on, like calling in sick for a week when he wasn't sick then taking vacation. While I took care of his shit, while I was on vacation.
Sounds like he has "protection" at this company... wonder if it's because he knows where the bodies are buried?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
Not the drug stream. I will assert without research that 80% of prescribed and OTC substances used do more harm than good.
Based on what, old man? Your "without research" makes your assertion... questionable.

Although I'm not sure what you mean by "the drug stream" - so it's possible we agree.

But you have to admit - sometimes that modern medicine shit actually works.