Quantcast

>>>Wednesday "are we there yet"GMT<<

Based on what, old man? Your "without research" makes your assertion... questionable.

Although I'm not sure what you mean by "the drug stream" - so it's possible we agree.

But you have to admit - sometimes that modern medicine shit actually works.
I'm not saying it doesn't. The health care industry, however, is unable to wean itself from overprescription of antibiotics, pain killers, and mood altering drugs, nor can it seem to stop testing too much, overinterpreting the results, and initiating procedures and medication regimes that are counterproductive based on mistaking noise from signal in test results. The industry has also failed to get any reasonable sort of handle on how drugs interact with each other, and they're full whack on off-label prescriptions.

We'll discuss OTC snake oil later.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I'm not saying it doesn't. The health care industry, however, is unable to wean itself from overprescription of antibiotics, pain killers, and mood altering drugs, nor can it seem to stop testing too much, overinterpreting the results, and initiating procedures and medication regimes that are counterproductive based on mistaking noise from signal in test results. The industry has also failed to get any reasonable sort of handle on how drugs interact with each other, and they're full whack on off-label prescriptions.

We'll discuss OTC snake oil later.
Dammit... we agree. I was gonna kick you in the nuts, but now will have to just :cheers:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I agree with jbp's crankiness in general... but if he has acid reflux, can't sleep from it, and a PPI "cures" that then it's $15 well spent.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I walked to the store to get half and half. 2 people were in front of me talking and holding up the line. The guy behind me is breathing all heavy and shit. I ignored him. The folks stopped talking and the guy behind me obviously is perturbed or disturbed and says loudly. "Until the wind blows the window shut and it fucking chops of your head you stupid bitches its fucking winter time!". I got out of line and let him go ahead. He bought dish soap.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Is the company pressing charges? Curious how it was handled..
We are pressing charges but cases like this are hard to prosecute as each individual theft ranges from $300 to $500. The miscreant created fake local bills, paid them on paper and took the cash herself. I caught on while reviewing general expense, the category she used is all but obsolete since every vendor we deal with accepts cards. Plus that kind of money is almost always a capital expense and would be accounted for accordingly.