Quantcast

***Wednesday derp day GMT**"

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I am stuck on a conference call and I have to poop! :panic: And I have sit here and take it because I am needed on the call. And I ran 10 miles before work and now my legs are tired.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Broke my glasses last night. FTS. Very good second conversation with new opportunity. Sounds like an offer is on the table, but vacation is a week less. That might be a deal breaker for me, more money or not.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Broke my glasses last night. FTS. Very good second conversation with new opportunity. Sounds like an offer is on the table, but vacation is a week less. That might be a deal breaker for me, more money or not.
Get them to say that you're the #1 candidate, and ask them to explain why. It embeds in their minds why you're valuable. Hiring mgr may be less likely to let the best choice go over a reasonable request like additional PTO. Subconscious stoney tricks.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Get them to say that you're the #1 candidate, and ask them to explain why. It embeds in their minds why you're valuable. Hiring mgr may be less likely to let the best choice go over a reasonable request like additional PTO. Subconscious stoney tricks.
I brought up that I already have a week more and will be picking up another week in 3.5 months, but he pushed back that it's a non-bending point for the position and tenure does not appreciate vacation. That could be enough to kill it. $30k/yr (min) doesn't offset 2 weeks of vacation, sorry. I played that game before. $100k didn't do it then, $30k isn't going to do it now.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Ok, I will try and blend in with you fuckers, but just this once...
Adi's first day of fifth grade today. she is so stoked. cool kid. Already she's talking about learning to stomp 360ºs this ski season. :D
Kinda sad cuz she keeps saying she wants to live with me and her mom full time but that aint their agreement.

I wish the 4 y/o would crawl back to the corner of the wicked pit in hell where she was spawned from.

Figured out how to get my knee to stop hurting. stop running. :? took 5 days off and boom. feels great. :/

/enddomesticwhtepeoplemonkey

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I brought up that I already have a week more and will be picking up another week in 3.5 months, but he pushed back that it's a non-bending point for the position and tenure does not appreciate vacation. That could be enough to kill it. $30k/yr (min) doesn't offset 2 weeks of vacation, sorry. I played that game before. $100k didn't do it then, $30k isn't going to do it now.
Call their bluff, and be prepared to walk.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Air quality warnings cancelled all soccer practices last night and the elite tryouts this morning. The smoke here is pretty nuts. Haven't been on in a few days, so someone (Westy) may have beat me to this, but this is not a drill! Or fog. It's smoke from WA, OR, CA, BC.... We're boxed in! ...But it should clear up tomorrow for our area. Good thing... I ran yesterday, but today the air is "unhealthy for healthy people" and everyone is supposed to stay inside and stick to mellow activities... It's weird to look out the window and the house across the street is hazy. We are lucky, I know, that we are not experiencing the fires themselves.

Seattle this morning:

The satellite view:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Yeah, if it's a deal breaker just say so, and either they'll cave or you'll walk, both of which sound fine.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Today is the day to rent two Shockwizes and ride that new Bear Creek connector trail.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Keep in mind - it's gonna be a shitty corporate job like any other. Issues may be less and different, but still just a shitty corporate job.

Fucking companies and their "rigid PTO" policies. Fuck that.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

I wish I got PTO but as a "temp" that is a no go. If things pan out, the bennies here seem legit. If I can get this shit tool to fly, I am asking for a raise next month. They know my worth and have said more than once how screwed they would be if I skipped out.

Speaking of shit tools, our training materials are supposed to be done this week and I don't see that happening.

Doggo goes to the vet today, chances are good they will say she's a fatty. We will be riding moar because of it. I am good with that.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Can anyone guess where I’m headed to ride ? Can ya, can ya, huh ?
Does it look something like this?

Wednesderp indeed. We are currently huddled down in camp, in this valley here. Big ass thunder storm is rolling through. Boomers loud enough to shake the tents.

Them ROX are going to be slippery.....assuming this storm ever stops.

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...
Air quality warnings cancelled all soccer practices last night and the elite tryouts this morning. The smoke here is pretty nuts. Haven't been on in a few days, so someone (Westy) may have beat me to this, but this is not a drill! Or fog. It's smoke from WA, OR, CA, BC.... We're boxed in! ...But it should clear up tomorrow for our area. Good thing... I ran yesterday, but today the air is "unhealthy for healthy people" and everyone is supposed to stay inside and stick to mellow activities... It's weird to look out the window and the house across the street is hazy. We are lucky, I know, that we are not experiencing the fires themselves.

Seattle this morning:

The satellite view:
Glad we are not getting any smoke...
Big storm last night was nice. Monsoon season this year is great. It rained like 5 times last year...

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Does it look something like this?

Wednesderp indeed. We are currently huddled down in camp, in this valley here. Big ass thunder storm is rolling through. Boomers loud enough to shake the tents.

Them ROX are going to be slippery.....assuming this storm ever stops.
tell those hikers to GTFO of the way!!

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Morning Monkeys! I left another $700 with the dentist this morning so now my teeth are up to date.

I ordered 2 1L water bottles for the road bike but their arrival isn't enough to get me excited about road riding this year...

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Made it to the Yukon last night. Heading to Whitehorse today.

You should get LASIK.