Quantcast

****Wednesday Derp Day GMT****

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Basic summary? I've had a funny little lump on the side of my boob for about 10 years. A derm then told me that it was a fat globule and to not be worried unless it grew quickly, so I just ignored it. I basically did for 10 years and in the last year it went from lima bean sized to ping-pong ball. That's big enough to concern, so I went to a derm. He did his full inspection and in the process of trying to figure out measurements and depth, apparently popped it.

He sent me off to get an ultrasound to see more what it is, and when you are a man over 25 and have a chest ultrasound, apparently you get a mammogram. That took the already irritated, squeezed bump and got it squeezed even more. End result? A whole bunch more shit probably got squeezed out and created an abscess. That abscess spent last Tuesday through Sunday getting progressively worse and worse. However Wifey was out of town and I was home with just the girls, Hannah who was properly sick, so I couldn't deal with myself. I didn't get to a dr. again until Sunday evening. By then the abscess was seriously infected and golf ball sized.

Fast forward to yesterday: I got the packing pulled out last night, which was 3' vs. my assumed 2'. The dr. was adamant that I get into a surgeon within 48 hours to have a more thorough inspection of the wound. I got an appt with a surgeon tomorrow at 11am.

That's current status.
Hey - next time the shit hits the fan (or the abscess hits the moob), let me know - I'll come keep an eye on your kids while you take care of your titties (or whatever comes up). :thumb:
:stupid:

Seriously. You tell me you have a concerning medical issue that needs to be addressed, I'l drive my ass up north. Don't fuck around with things like "lumps".

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I won't drive my ass over, but you could always drop off your kids here in a pinch. We've got bottles, mac 'n cheese, and kids that love to entertain guests. :D

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Basic summary? I've had a funny little lump on the side of my boob for about 10 years. A derm then told me that it was a fat globule and to not be worried unless it grew quickly, so I just ignored it. I basically did for 10 years and in the last year it went from lima bean sized to ping-pong ball. That's big enough to concern, so I went to a derm. He did his full inspection and in the process of trying to figure out measurements and depth, apparently popped it.

He sent me off to get an ultrasound to see more what it is, and when you are a man over 25 and have a chest ultrasound, apparently you get a mammogram. That took the already irritated, squeezed bump and got it squeezed even more. End result? A whole bunch more shit probably got squeezed out and created an abscess. That abscess spent last Tuesday through Sunday getting progressively worse and worse. However Wifey was out of town and I was home with just the girls, Hannah who was properly sick, so I couldn't deal with myself. I didn't get to a dr. again until Sunday evening. By then the abscess was seriously infected and golf ball sized.

Fast forward to yesterday: I got the packing pulled out last night, which was 3' vs. my assumed 2'. The dr. was adamant that I get into a surgeon within 48 hours to have a more thorough inspection of the wound. I got an appt with a surgeon tomorrow at 11am.

That's current status.
fuck.

sounds like a episode of dr pimple popper gone wrong.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Normal work is work. Just cranking out stuff after hours and weekends. Well, trying to fit that in with family stuff and riding and everything else. Must say I like the sweet taste of victory when things come out so blingy. Makes it worth it. I should probably open a regular shop, but the garage is cool.

IMG_1817.jpg

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
The Neurologist gave me a Caliper test. They basically ask the same question over and over and just word it differently. I figured it out after 10 minutes. Now I have to go to a clinic in Syracuse so they can administer another more specific arbitrary test.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
i destroyed the side of my face a few weeks ago when a broken off mountain laurel branch tried to give me some @mandown - style cheek piercings. couldn't shave. so beard grew in. it's the longest i've ever tolerated it. now it's a full beard. not sure how i feel about this. hrmfffffff.

in other news, met up with a whole crew of peeps i hadn't ridden with in a long time tonight. fun trail ride at the us nat'l whitewater center, followed by overpriced beers and much camaraderie. bueno.

after having gotten a decent amount of work done tonight, i have officially come down with a case of mountainitis.sorry work, i no see you tomorrow.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
i destroyed the side of my face a few weeks ago when a broken off mountain laurel branch tried to give me some @mandown - style cheek piercings. couldn't shave. so beard grew in. it's the longest i've ever tolerated it. now it's a full beard. not sure how i feel about this. hrmfffffff.

in other news, met up with a whole crew of peeps i hadn't ridden with in a long time tonight. fun trail ride at the us nat'l whitewater center, followed by overpriced beers and much camaraderie. bueno.

after having gotten a decent amount of work done tonight, i have officially come down with a case of mountainitis.sorry work, i no see you tomorrow.
Ocoee trails? Long time since I've ridden there if so, but I remember them being fun.

@stoney no need to delay shit like that if you need help. Plenty of people around to lend a hand.