Quantcast

***Wednesday GMT***

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!!

Hope everyone's week is going well so far. Today is my Friday because I'm heading down to the beach on Thur. morning for some great Fall fishing and a round or two of golf. The weather should be great, and I hope the fishies are biting.

Yesterday evening was really nothing special. Colin, Justine and I played for about an hour until he just zonked out on the floor. I grilled some fantastic burgers on the charcoal grill and we were able to check out "House" and "Boston Legal" while Justine sacked out on the couch. For some reason or another, I was wide awake at 4am this morning...so I headed downstairs and folded an assload of laundry, paid some bills and took my time getting ready for work. I'm sure that will catch up with me around 3pm today when my batteries start to run down.....

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
morning G-hound,

I have been waking up at 4:02 every morning for the past 2-3 weeks... I have no idea why, but it is happening... then I try to fall back to sleep but can't! :disgust1: I just sit there and calculate how many minutes and seconds of sleep I would have if I fell asleep at this very instant... :disgust: Usually I run down through all of the things I have to do during the day, then calculate again.

mellow night last night hung with the kids, fumbled around on my guitar and thats about it.

Painting signs and printing shirts for football playoffs today, then PT tonight!

Have a good one!

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
G'morning. Early riser theme today, huh? Me, up at 0500 most days due to the fact I have two beefarillos that live in the apartment above me and they can't walk without it registering 5.7!

Anyways, have a great day and take a nap!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hope everyone's week is going well so far. Today is my Friday because I'm heading down to the beach on Thur. morning for some great Fall fishing and a round or two of golf. The weather should be great, and I hope the fishies are biting.
COOL. Have fun!

'Morning, monkeys. Uneventful evening last night...I treadmilled for 3 miles/30 minutes.

Skiing this weekend. I can't wait.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
How's that shoulder healing, man? Sounds like you're getting along pretty good. When do you get the "all clear" for riding?
I have a Doc's appt. on Tues. the 20th hopefully I will get the A-Ok to ride again... cause there is a big ride on Thanksgiving morning in honor of my b-day and T-giving. I will most likely lead a beginner ride if I get the go-ahead (just to keep from bombin stuff and keep from hurting it further)

what beach are you hittin again? I know you said, but I can't remember! How far from the OBX are you?

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
morning. got some rain drizzle last night. calling for more today. It's nice.

Got some promising news regarding a greenway connector between a city park and county park I've been working on. Pretty stoked about that.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I've had a mild yet persistant headache for the past two weeks. Went to the doctor and they have no idea what is going on. While I was there the hottest little nurse came in to take a blood sample. The whole experience was oddly arousing. Unfortunately she did not bath in my blood like I asked. Service in the medicine is horrible.

MountainDrew

Monkey
Aug 15, 2007
Morning all. A good friend of my wife had a baby last night. brand new baby boy. Bad this is that it put my wife in baby wanting mode. Sounds like its time for a trip away without her.

Have a good day all!

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
I have a Doc's appt. on Tues. the 20th hopefully I will get the A-Ok to ride again... cause there is a big ride on Thanksgiving morning in honor of my b-day and T-giving. I will most likely lead a beginner ride if I get the go-ahead (just to keep from bombin stuff and keep from hurting it further)

what beach are you hittin again? I know you said, but I can't remember! How far from the OBX are you?
Awesome......it seems like you healed up pretty quick considering how bad it was, but I bet to you, it seems like it has taken forever. Be careful on that first ride back!!!

We're heading down to the NC/SC border area near Little River........my pops and I found this great spot for red drum and trout earlier on this year, so my buddies and I are gonna hit it up for a few days and see what we can come up with. The fishing reports are looking great and this is the perfect time of the year to clean up if you find 'em.

Even for someone who lives in the central part of the state, the OBX are an incredibly long ride for us, and I usually only head out that way in Jan./Feb. for the bluefin tuna runs.

splat

Nam I am
morning

had a great quick ride last night (see ride reports )

after the rain of yesterday , the temp dropped last night , was 30 degrees when I started out this morning. AS I made a right turn on to s treet about 3 miles from the office hit a patch of Ice and my rear wheel washed out . went down hard on m right wrist. its pretty swollen now. I took some Viaman I and I have an Ice pack on it now.

I don't think I broke it . Might make for an Interesting ride home. I might just grab a ride.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
morning. got some rain drizzle last night. calling for more today. It's nice.

Got some promising news regarding a greenway connector between a city park and county park I've been working on. Pretty stoked about that.
The only thing our little town is interested in building is more freakin' soccer fields. I swear I will do anything in my power to try and steer our little buckaroo away from that whole mess.......they give trophies to EVERYONE.........EVERYONE!!!! WTF???!!

Remember the good ole days when you were on a sh*tty team, and you maybe won one or two games a season? ......And when you finally got on a team that did well enough for first or second place---when you got that trophy, you really felt great because you knew what it was like to finish last. Do kids these days even understand that, or is it all about just blowing sunshine up their butts?

Am I going overboard, here? :think:

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Morning people. Working today during my day off from classes. Found out from the senior engineer that the VP of the solar division at work said I was guaranteed a full time position upon my graduation in the spring, something I was hoping/expecting to hear the past few months. Pretty excited about that, since I actually enjoy working here and the salary/benefits offered by the company are really good.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Westy sorry to hear that! headaches suck... lack of servix from hot nurse sucks more!

G-hound, I have driven inland from the beach when I was down there (looking for a sawmill a friend told me about) and yes it is a long tedious trip inland... even with the new bridge!

Narlus... YES THE BAND IS AWESOME!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning all. Had a nice evening with Syd last night. We bought new earrings (she picked them out) and then headed home for a few lessons and a quiet evening at home. Syd helped me cook dinner and then we did some laundry and bubble bath time all while Sq-Earl was out on a solo mtb ride.

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
You sound legit to me.

The only thing our county is interested in is soft ball fields. soccer fields are second in line. In fact, the county wants to damn up some land that the only mtb trail happens to be on (first and only mtb trail in the county too!) to build a lake for softball irrigation. Yeah, that's a sore spot for me...

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
The only thing our little town is interested in building is more freakin' soccer fields. I swear I will do anything in my power to try and steer our little buckaroo away from that whole mess.......they give trophies to EVERYONE.........EVERYONE!!!! WTF???!!

Remember the good ole days when you were on a sh*tty team, and you maybe won one or two games a season? ......And when you finally got on a team that did well enough for first or second place---when you got that trophy, you really felt great because you knew what it was like to finish last. Do kids these days even understand that, or is it all about just blowing sunshine up their butts?

Not at all. Did anyone here ever have a kindergarten graduation? a 6th grade graduation? A middle school graduation? It reinforces this whole "everyone is special" thing. As far as everyone getting a trophy, there is a lot to be said and learned from losing, but parents are so afraid of this it seems. (my rant ends now).

Morning. Ewan had his 4 month checkup yesterday - doing well, got his shots and promptly fell asleep! Hit the gym then had dinner with friends in the hippie part of Albany. Nice time.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
You sound legit to me.
:stupid:

we were just talking about that the other day! this crap with "no losers" is re-god-damn-diculous! Kids today better learn that sometimes you win and sometimes you lose! if you didn't lose sometimes why would you work harder... what happens when there is crisis, these kids won't be able to react!:disgust1:

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning. Spin class last night kicked my ass. :dead: Work is busy so far today which is good. Not much going on tonight. Got some beef stew cookin' in the crock-pot at home. :drool: I'm in negotiations with the wife right now about ordering my new DH frame. hopefully it happens sooner than later so I'm not scrambling in the spring to get a bike built before the race season starts!

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Morning. Spin class last night kicked my ass. :dead: Work is busy so far today which is good. Not much going on tonight. Got some beef stew cookin' in the crock-pot at home. :drool: I'm in negotiations with the wife right now about ordering my new DH frame. hopefully it happens sooner than later so I'm not scrambling in the spring to get a bike built before the race season starts!
Haha..."negotiations"....

I've been pretty absent from RM the last few weeks- too much work. Only done maybe 2 real rides in the last 3 weeks or so. I had a heart attack this morning when I realized that I wrote a paper (due Friday) on the wrong thing (Matthew 26 instead of Matthew 25). Apparently, my professor doesn't care, which is the best news I've heard in a while.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Negotiations! Love it!

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Morning. Ewan had his 4 month checkup yesterday - doing well, got his shots and promptly fell asleep! Hit the gym then had dinner with friends in the hippie part of Albany. Nice time.

We affectionately refer to the 4-month checkup as "that day." :disgust1:

"Yeah.....he should be fine, and will probably just sleep it off." was the famous quote from the doc.

I think not.

I'll bet we heard frequencies come out of that childs lungs that had dogs who were 20 miles away tilting their heads towards the sound and going "WTF?"

Glad to hear it went smooth for you guys, though. :cheers:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Not at all. Did anyone here ever have a kindergarten graduation? a 6th grade graduation? A middle school graduation? It reinforces this whole "everyone is special" thing. As far as everyone getting a trophy, there is a lot to be said and learned from losing, but parents are so afraid of this it seems. (my rant ends now).

We do all the graduations in my district (K, 5th but it's changing to 6th, 8th & 12th) and it sucks!

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
I'm in negotiations with the wife right now about ordering my new DH frame. hopefully it happens sooner than later so I'm not scrambling in the spring to get a bike built before the race season starts!

HAHA! Come on, don't you want to feel my stress from 2007: build bike on Tuesday, ride it for the 1st time on Thursday, leave Friday for 1st race! :bonk:

...and Greyhound, the doc said the polar opposte to us - he'll cry like hell so get some infant tylenol!

cadmus

Monkey
May 24, 2006
PNW
Our little one had her 4-month checkup last week. She did pretty well w/ the shots too and slept forever that night.

2 for 3 on making it to the gym this week, and only missed yesterday because the kid that's supposed to be there at 5:00 to open the place must have had a hangover or something. It was still closed at 5:20 when I got there.