Quantcast

*~*~*Wednesday GMT*~*~*~

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
No good mornings yet?? Are ya'll still asleep, or what??

I survived my first night/group ski!!! YAY! I banged up my right knee pretty badly. I don't even remember really doing it, but I fell like a dozen times, and now my knee is all black & blue & purple, so it must've been during one of the falls! But hey, other than that, I did pretty well. :biggrin: It was fuuunnnnnn! I can't wait until there's a clear sky & a full moon. That will be awesome. It was pretty cool last night just with a half-moon.

Hope you all have a great day!!!
Bummer about the bruises....I'm heading out tonight even though it might be blizzard like conditions!:monkeydance:

downhill mike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 23, 2005
No good mornings yet?? Are ya'll still asleep, or what??

I survived my first night/group ski!!! YAY! I banged up my right knee pretty badly. I don't even remember really doing it, but I fell like a dozen times, and now my knee is all black & blue & purple, so it must've been during one of the falls! But hey, other than that, I did pretty well. :biggrin: It was fuuunnnnnn! I can't wait until there's a clear sky & a full moon. That will be awesome. It was pretty cool last night just with a half-moon.

Hope you all have a great day!!!
3 times a year in Lake Placid they have full moon parties at Cascade x-c Ski Center. There is one in January, February and one in March. They have 2 bonfires out in the woods (1 and 2 miles out?) with kegs of beer and hot dogs. Usually people hang out at the fires until midnight or so, then ski back to the lodge and dance to the band till 3:00 am. http://www.cascadeski.com/fullmoon.html

Picked up the new issue of Decline with a very nice spread on the Whiteface 5K DH race...was nice to see that mountain and some local rippers like Geoff Ulmer getting some national press!
The article was great. We might have another write up on just the bike park in next months issue.

Enjoy the snow. I hear there is like 5 feet on the ground. For mid December that's awesome!