Quantcast

***Wednesday GMT***

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!

Busy morning....we're back in the swing of things for the new year, so there's lots to do this morning. I've got lots to talk about, but not much time right now.....I'll check back in later and fill ya in....

Hope everyone had a great time over the holidays!!!

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Good morning. Back at work in my office for the first time in a while it seems. Short weeks, I love em! winter DH race at Blue Mt. this weekend! Ski slope, DH bikes and studded tires! Yep!

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning monkies!! Same for myself and the rest of the Elevate Team this weekend! Snow Dual Slalom at Gore Mountain this Sat.!! Wooohoo!! :thumb: Other than that, spin classes resume tonight after a 2 week hiatus. Pain is expected.

Hope you all had a good few days off. I was here at work both days. Bastards!! :busted:

mogulskr

Monkey
Aug 28, 2002
NH
Morning, good weekend. Skied Sunday, Monday and Tuesday at Mount Snow and conditions were great. When I got home last night I had 8 inches of the heaviest snow on the planet to get out of my driveway though.

MBC I think I saw your cousin one day, she commented on my kids spikey helmet covers.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
MBC I think I saw your cousin one day, she commented on my kids spikey helmet covers.
If she had a long red ponytail, that was probably her. :D

We're heading up to Mt Snow this weekend. Work and prior plans meant no skiing over the New Year's weekend.

'Morning, monkeys! I'm not looking forward to battling the onslaught of New Year's resolutioners at the gym now.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
OK....got a few minutes to spare. Thought I would catch up....

Christmas went well....having bought a house and had a kid in the last year, our Christmas budget was much tighter than it's ever been. No problems...I feel wealthier this year and it has nothing to do with money. We saw lots of good friends and family, and Justine and I managed to get the in-laws to take care of Colin a night or two so we could enjoy a little breather here and there as well.

Having a few days off meant I was able to get out to the trails and do some serious work. We had a huge work day at Nice Guy Mikes house, and I built a beautiful cedar launch ramp that will be there after a direct hit from a nuclear blast. We got a video camera for Christmas, so I'm looking forward to getting some footage real soon.

Unfortunately, the holiday season isn't without its down moments as well. Saturday, I found out that one of my best employees passed away at age 49. He had been out of work for about a week after an infection in his heel had become worse and was admitted to a hospital for treatment. Everything was going well with the recovery, but we think he developed a blood clot somewhere along te line and that's what got him. Regardless, he was a model employee with a huge heart and was as friendly a person as you would ever have the pleasure of meeting. We're sad to see him go, and know we'll never be able to replace him.

All in all, it was a very eventful vacation...I ate a whole lot and have gotten huge. I need some serious re-evaluation of my exercise routine, because the current one I'm using--which consists of doing absolutely nothing....does not seem to be working!!!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning Monkeys - went for a run on the treadmill and goofed around in the snow on the bike yesterday. Not a bad way to start the new year.

I'll probably ride the trainer this evening with narlus's RM ss playing to keep me pedaling.

Cheers,
MMcG

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Morning monkies!! Same for myself and the rest of the Elevate Team this weekend! Snow Dual Slalom at Gore Mountain this Sat.!! Wooohoo!! :thumb:
What Tigg said! Headed up to the 'Rents Fri nite, pick up Tigg bright & early on Sat and up we go to Gore. I am almost inspired to actually change my tires to Wet Screams after all this snow...think I need something spikey without the metal.

Otherwise, work = meh...

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Good morning. Back at work in my office for the first time in a while it seems. Short weeks, I love em! winter DH race at Blue Mt. this weekend! Ski slope, DH bikes and studded tires! Yep!

I think I would rather be doing this than the expected ds race on the bunny slope! Hunter Mountain used to do winter dh races...I remember hearing about some guy getting clocked at 50+ mph! :shocked:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
'morning monkeys.

Had a great holiday. Got to visit my grandma in the stroke rehab center and she's making great progress. Went to the frigid Buffalo Bills game where it blew rain, sleet and snow at us until we were all but numb - and we still had a good time.

Jenn's Christmas present to me was to re-do my office from the mishmash of childhood furniture and Wal-Mart cheapies that it used to contain. A whole new office set of dark stained furniture, brushed metal, a new leather chair & ottoman, and yes, the pillow says "pillow" on it in binary :nerd:. Also got my picture of the winning field goal from the greatest comeback in NFL history (that my uncle took) framed, and a signed picture of Doug Flutie on the wall :thumb:

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Hi everybody.

Back to the grind today. I had a nice break between the holidays, including a short trip up into NH to visit my Mom, but the cold harsh hand of reality is b!tchslapping me this morning.

Speaking of cold and harsh, temps at 2F this morning with wind chills around -15F. WTF? I just want to ride my frikkin bike on some dry trails for !#!$@*@# sake.

Have a great day.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Nothing beats that.

Almost as comfortable as a bed.
No kidding. I don't know who designed this chair, but it was clearly someone bent on world domination. I sit down in it and am almost completely unable to get up again :twitch:

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Morning all. Just hung up the new calendar at work. Out with the old, in with the new. Not much new here - I've been doing a ton of skate and cross country skiing...more off the beaten path type of stuff and am loving it. I can't believe I spent so many years in San Diego without winter. What was I thinking? Tonight I'm heading out for a night ski - should be relatively clear sky. WOOT WOOT.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
'morning, all. first day back in the lab this week, and no one's here yet (~9:22). been here since 7 after dropping off the car for service: got to get those last few niggling problems resolved since it's out of warranty in 120 miles!