Quantcast

***Wednesday GMT***

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!

Whew! .......Baby birthdays are hard work. We had friends and family show up last night to Colin's b-day party. Justine knocked it out of the park with some fantastic enchilidas & nachos, while my mom stepped it up with a chocolate cake that would send you into a diabetic coma with a mere glance in its general direction!! Colin got so much stuff ---the toys are creating a tidal wave of playtime!!! I think my friends and I ended up playing with them more than he did. He was so tired......he barely made it to the cake-cutting, but once a huge hunk of it was in front of him, he caught a second wind pretty quickly. A two-fisted cake smash into the face made him squeal with happiness!!! A big mess, but very, very funny!!

Needless to say, Justine and I are both looking forward a nap this afternoon.......

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Good Morning!

Whew! .......Baby birthdays are hard work. We had friends and family show up last night to Colin's b-day party. Justine knocked it out of the park with some fantastic enchilidas & nachos, while my mom stepped it up with a chocolate cake that would send you into a diabetic coma with a mere glance in its general direction!! Colin got so much stuff ---the toys are creating a tidal wave of playtime!!! I think my friends and I ended up playing with them more than he did. He was so tired......he barely made it to the cake-cutting, but once a huge hunk of it was in front of him, he caught a second wind pretty quickly. A two-fisted cake smash into the face made him squeal with happiness!!! A big mess, but very, very funny!!

Needless to say, Justine and I are both looking forward a nap this afternoon.......

sweet! good stuff for sure!

well I have that funky scratchy throat thing going on again! I wish this weather would stop fluctuating! I think its the temp changes that are messing with my body! :disgust1:

other than that, another day of testing for the kids so I will be able to get some budget stuff done!

have a good one folks!

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Good morning! GH, that's good stuff..I remember my kid's birthdays and they were a hoot. Not that he still doesn't have them, but after about 10, it's a different gig.

Not much to report, watched the news channels about the primariy and then Discovery about killer gamma ray burst...all about the same level of depressing!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
WTF is "Thia" food?

'Morning, monkeys! I ran 3.5 miles last night then grilled a steak. I also made some brown basmati rice (Big Y house brand) that narlus will be happy to know I made in the rice cooker.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Here's a picture of MBC skiing this past Sunday. It was foggy. I told her that all she needs is a laser blaster and she'll look like an Imperial Snowtrooper.

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
Morning monkeys. GH I remember Hayden's first birthday party, he did the same thing. Started to get tired until he saw a giant slab of cake in front of him. We got him to just plant his face in it and start chomping. Things were great til he got tired and rubbed frosting in his eyes.

Not much going on today except class all morning (read: bored) then going for some Indian food for a friends birthday at lunch.

have a good'n monos.

edit: change of food ethnicity

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Pssssst..KB, he was making light of your spelling!

Thai, not Thia...

You going to the place up the road here at the shopping center?

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
I also made some brown basmati rice (Big Y house brand) that narlus will be happy to know I made in the rice cooker.

I'll have to start using the rice cooker for the brown rice......it takes for-freakin'-ever to get it tender enough in the conventional pot. I love brown rice, but just hate waiting it out....

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
'morning!

Snowy, wet, off season weather sucks goat balls!!
That is all. Have a great day!!!

edit: I didn't have any rice yesterday, but now I'm thinking I might want some today.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I'll have to start using the rice cooker for the brown rice......it takes for-freakin'-ever to get it tender enough in the conventional pot. I love brown rice, but just hate waiting it out....
Are rice cookers worth it? I like to keep life simple and having another kitchen appliance is going in the wrong direction but I too like brown rice but I don't eat it much because I don't have the hour+ to let it cook.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Are rice cookers worth it? I like to keep life simple and having another kitchen appliance is going in the wrong direction but I too like brown rice but I don't eat it much because I don't have the hour+ to let it cook.
Rice in the cooker really does come out better than rice on the stovetop. It's cooked to perfection every time. Brown rice takes about 30 minutes in the cooker.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning. :)

GH, I can relate, my son's 2nd B-Day party is on the 19th. Who knew there was so much Spongebob crap out there!?!? :p

Relaxing night last night. Went up to my mom's for a bit. Had a couple cold tops with her and shot the **** for a while. Got home and put the kids to bed and watched the spin coming out of NH. Good stuff!! Spin class tonight! :thumb:

Have a good Wed. people!!!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Rice in the cooker really does come out better than rice on the stovetop. It's cooked to perfection every time. Brown rice takes about 30 minutes in the cooker.

Is it a steamer or pressure cooker? It takes me about an hour to do brown rice in a pot.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Yo all.

Happy belated b'day to your son, Greyhound!

Not much to report, worked on the Steelhead last night. Somehow I broke one of the Surly tensioners, crossthreaded it unbenounced to me...I usually run 2, but can I just run 1 on the drive side? It's a bolt on wheel.

I'm hoping to do a bit of street riding tonight while the weather is still balmy, and maybe a bit of local XC this weekend on some sandy/quick drainage trails, as most of the snow has melted.

Tigg, lookout! I found a local Y that has a ton of spin classes, all lead by local crazy roadies and assorted Type A personalities. Spin to win, baby!

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Morning all. Tis the season for Baby Monkey B-days. Jamie's 1st birthday is Saturday. My parents are coming from TN, Sister-in-law is coming from VA. It's going to be a full house. I think we are just doing pizza and cake to keep it simple (stupid)

Yesterday, we had a high of about 72F, too nice to go to work. So I cranked up all the windows in the house and worked (mostly staring out the windows) at home in my PJ's. My wife went for a 2 hr ride while the baby napped and I packed up the laptop around 3:30 and took off for the BMX track until dark:30. Great day. Can't wait 'til spring!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
We have a rice cooker and really like it. My father is Filipino so I grew up having rice almost every night.

An easy meal is the Manderin Chicken from Trader Joes with white (Jasmine) rice and steamed pea pods. Mmmmmmm......
I could do a million simple, cheap and healthy rice meals with just a few ingredients. Just mix some combination of rice, chicken, shrimp, frozen veggies, sweet and sour sauce, jerk sauce, curry, marinara, stock.
I just made myself hungry, I guess I'm getting a rice cooker.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning - great night at the rink last night. The ice sucked due to the warmer temps than usual and do to stupid ass high school kids dumping all their water bottles over the boards and onto the ice after their game - but my team really hustled in practice and we had a blast! Hockey Rules! :rockout:

Tonight I'm going to meet a fellow rider to pick up a fork for Connor's bike in exchange for some $$ and a 12 pack of beer. :thumb:

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Yesterday, we had a high of about 72F, too nice to go to work. So I cranked up all the windows in the house and worked (mostly staring out the windows) at home in my PJ's. My wife went for a 2 hr ride while the baby napped and I packed up the laptop around 3:30 and took off for the BMX track until dark:30. Great day. Can't wait 'til spring!
That does sound like a good day......rep applied!!!

Hope your daughter has a fantastic birthday. I think I need a day off to recover from ours.....

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
That does sound like a good day......rep applied!!!

Hope your daughter has a fantastic birthday. I think I need a day off to recover from ours.....
Thanks! There were two other guys my age there riding cruisers and we all took turns whipping up on each other doing mock race runs. Puke almost happened several times.

(BTW Jamie = short for James, he's a boy :busted: No biggy.)

mogulskr

Monkey
Aug 28, 2002
NH
Morning, found the source of my leak last night in my basement. My tank thing from the well has some sort of crease in it and it is leaking. So now I need to get that fixed along with the blast tube in the boiler.

Tonight is basketball and coldtops.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning. :)

GH, I can relate, my son's 2nd B-Day party is on the 19th. Who knew there was so much Spongebob crap out there!?!? :p

Relaxing night last night. Went up to my mom's for a bit. Had a couple cold tops with her and shot the **** for a while. Got home and put the kids to bed and watched the spin coming out of NH. Good stuff!! Spin class tonight! :thumb:

Have a good Wed. people!!!
Trust me, Spongebob is everywhere. Even I have fallen prey to making Spongebob edible on a few occassions!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Afternoon all. Lazy day for me, but I am still trying to tick some items off my "to do" list! I am looking forward to dinner...pot roast :drool: That has been cooking on low in the slow cooker all day whilst I work away!

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Last night we did night DH runs, which was just damn awesome.
At the top, we would kill the lights, and look out over the lights in Greenville. Then turn them on and drop in.
I am new to night riding, but now I am hooked.
My buddy's light went out and went into emergency mode.
It basically looked like he had one single lite brite bulb on his bike.:busted:
So he rode in front of me, and I was trying to shine the light over his shoulder the whole run so he could see.
That was sketchtacular.
The weather was in the 60's which was just crazy.
I can't wait to do it again.