Quantcast

***Wednesday GMT***

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!

Is it just me, or does this week seem like it's just shuffling along? I woke up this morning thinking it was Thursday.....and only realized it was Wed. when I turned my computer on. :imstupid:

It was a pretty bland evening around the house.....I picked Colin up from daycare and we played for a few hours. I got dinner started, got his bath ready, and managed to peruse the classifieds for a short time before Justine got home from work. We did a little house cleaning and I settled in for some couch time while I checked out "Boston Legal." I love that show.....Spader and Shatner are a duo I wish would have gotten together a lot earlier---they're awesome together.....great writing on that show.

Tonight is some dirt jump maintainence at Nice Guy Mikes......we've been beating the lines up a lot lately, so if the cold ground will cooperate enough, we're going to try and smooth things up a bit.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
morning...

I went home hoping to put a second coat of poly on some quarter round I had been trying to get done but when I opened the can of clear gloss I realized that wasn't happening when I saw it was like a bowl of jello, so I ran down to Homo Depot to pick up a new can. Got home played with the kids with all intentions of heading down to put the second coat on after they went to bed... but I fell asleep :disgust1: guess I needed it cause I woke up late today! :monkey:

have a good one monkeeees!

MountainDrew

Monkey
Aug 15, 2007
Morning monkeys! Comp day for me, so I am busting out the skis and hitting the slopes. ummm wait, this is the wrong website. oh well, have a good on all!!

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
'morning monkeys.

This is the first full week of classes. It's going to be a busy semester. Physics has a quiz & formal homework to be turned in every day, Marketing has a quiz every other day, my linux class has a quiz every other day and I had three classes that have labs both in and out of class - 18 credits in total. :dead:

Not impossible classes, just a lot of rolling work to be constantly on top of.

In more fun news, we dedicated the Habitat for Humanity house that Jenn and I have helped build since it was a dirt lot.

Foundation:

...to dedication:

splat

Nam I am
MOrning

Woke up last night with some Pain in my Kidney area , thought for sure I was having another Kidney stone but it fadded away. Hopefully that will be all from that , I really really don't want another one of those .

Tonight suppose to go snow shoeing, that is about it.,

mogulskr

Monkey
Aug 28, 2002
NH
Morning Monkies, started to put awat xmas decorations after my wife got on me about it bieng 3 weeks after xmas. Going to try and finish that stuff up tonight.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Physics has a quiz & formal homework to be turned in every day,

I always hated classes like that. Luckily my school had a rule that HW and quizes could only count for 10% of your grade each. I had a differential equation class that had a quiz each day. The Prof was a lunatic and one question on each quiz was about some L Ron Hubbard Scientology book. Even when I attended class I'd draw pictures for the Dif EQ questions and just make up something very insulting for the L Ron questions. Still managed an A out of it because all of my class mates were idiots and things were gradded on a curve.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning all. ELAs here and I am soon to be evicted from my room for a couple of hours so I get to make some copies and hopefully get some paperwork done. I wish that the other room I am going to had a computer because I could get a lot more work done, but that's ok...I have a bunch of phone calls to make.

I got 2 amazing e-mails yesterday...one offering me a sponsorship and another from one of my heros so I am in a little better mood. Now, I just have to figure out how to afford a new bike and I will be having a great day!

J-Dubs

Monkey
Jul 10, 2006
Salem, MA
Not so great morning over here. My girl has been really selfish and has been pissing me off royally. Well enough about that nonsense.

The week has been dragging for me too. Only Wednesday!?!

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
'morning monkeys.

This is the first full week of classes. It's going to be a busy semester. Physics has a quiz & formal homework to be turned in every day, Marketing has a quiz every other day, my linux class has a quiz every other day and I had three classes that have labs both in and out of class - 18 credits in total. :dead:
We're halfway through the month, and ECU is just into their first full week of classes??? ........Damn, we've got a pretty syrupy pace here in the South, but that's some impressive procrastination right there. So, when is Spring Break.............June? :biggrin:

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
Mornin monkeys! All the snow we got yesterday melted... and then what was left froze last night so now it's just cold for no reason again. Not much to do today except sit and listen to boring professors for 5 hours....

This afternoon is filled with the joys of studying all day long. This had all better be worth it....

Have a good'n monos

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning. Back in the office today. Got lots of parts to box up and ship out today, so hopefully the day flies by! Oh, and spin class tonight!! w00t!! :thumb:

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
We're halfway through the month, and ECU is just into their first full week of classes??? ........Damn, we've got a pretty syrupy pace here in the South, but that's some impressive procrastination right there. So, when is Spring Break.............June? :biggrin:
I don't start back until tuesday ... it is too wet to ride, so it looks like another rough day on the Wii links.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Mornin' gang! Settled in to new office and tooling along. Getting used to the new wake up time and a 1 1/2 hour commute each way. Oh well, beats living out of an apartment all week!
Watched Commanche Moon and was lazy. Love the Larry McMurtry stuff and know Lonesome Dove by heart.
Tonight is Boy Scouts with X3copilot and early bed, I think.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning - long but fun night at the rink. First my team (Connor's) had practice at 5:45 - then off to Shady Glen for some burgers and fries for dinner - then back to the rink for Liam's team's practice at 8:40 to 9:40 - I got to help out at that one which meant I could take lots of shots on the goalie! Woot! My arms are tired this a.m.

I also received a barely used set of Bonty 29er wheels yesterday along with some SRAM x7 stuff and a shimano 9 speed cassette!!! :monkeydance:

mudgirl

Molester of monkeys
Jun 8, 2007
Tied up in the basement
Hey now, Cornell doesn't start until *next* week!!! I am looking forward to seeing some life on campus again. It's been dead around here the past 3 weeks!!! Although, you can tell a lot of students are back.... we got a little bit of sticky snow last night and I saw 3 car accidents within an hour. These kids do not know enough to put snow tires on and/or learn how to drive in snow.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
:confused: Didn't you JUST get a new bike?
Yeah, I got the Orbea HT. I doubt I can really do this sponsorship as I would need to buy another bike (I have been meaning to replace the jekyll though and they do have a nice FS XC rig :think: ) I was really surprised to get their e-mail as I haven't spoken to anyone from the company since last year and that was a conversation in passing. I'm really flattered though :D

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Hey now, Cornell doesn't start until *next* week!!! I am looking forward to seeing some life on campus again. It's been dead around here the past 3 weeks!!! .
My goodness.......I hope I never have to see one of those "School Sux" threads.

"Yeah........these three week semesters are just killing me, man. They're making us do homework and they give quizzes.......good thing our Winter break is coming up in a week." :busted:

cadmus

Monkey
May 24, 2006
PNW
Watched Commanche Moon and was lazy. Love the Larry McMurtry stuff and know Lonesome Dove by heart.
A friend from my fraternity works for Steve Zahn and was in the opening scene of last night's episode (the guy that got scalped about 45 seconds in). Not sure how many steps from Kevin Bacon that is, but it was cool to see him on the tube.

Tonight I'm going to an informational meeting for a Triathlon Traning program I'm considering. I've narrowed it down to two programs, now I just need to see which one seems like the best fit in terms of coaches and schedules.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
A friend from my fraternity works for Steve Zahn and was in the opening scene of last night's episode (the guy that got scalped about 45 seconds in). Not sure how many steps from Kevin Bacon that is, but it was cool to see him on the tube..
That would be three degrees.......Drew Barrymore was in "Riding in Cars with Boys" with Steve Zahn, who was in "That Thing You Do with Tom Hanks", who was in "Apollo 13" with Kevin Bacon.

Boo-Ya!!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Yeah, I got the Orbea HT. I doubt I can really do this sponsorship as I would need to buy another bike (I have been meaning to replace the jekyll though and they do have a nice FS XC rig :think: ) I was really surprised to get their e-mail as I haven't spoken to anyone from the company since last year and that was a conversation in passing. I'm really flattered though :D

Who is it? Give us a hint maybe?