Quantcast

***Wednesday GMT***

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!

Foggy morning here in central NC......I could barely see 10 ft in front of me to get to work this morning. Spent the evening yesterday getting our tax info ready for HR Block to make sense of it this afternoon. Bought a house and had a kid in the same tax year---woot!!

Didn't do a whole lot yesterday evening other than that---made some ahai tuna and watched "Boston Legal" and hit the hay-----errrrr rye, I guess.....:twitch:

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Good morning. Pretty quite evening last night. Watched some show on Fine Living about how much home a million $s will buy you depending on area. Actually interesting.

Dinner was one of my all time favorites, white beans on rice with cornbread. Mmmm mmmmm. But alas, forgot the beano so today, i have a case of the vapors!

On that note....

Happy Wednesday!

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
My hip abductor is not happy, guess I should take a day or 2 off from doing anything fun.

Thinking of going to see G. Love and Special Sauce tonight.

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
Morning monkeys. Not much going on here other than another fun-filled day of cardiac trauma lectures.
I hope you all have a better day than I inevitably will...

have a better'n monos.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Yo. Work is meh. Paying off my Sinister Gruitr frame today - should have it by next week! Riding the trainer in my basement tonight until I puke.

Today = Ewan's 1st day of "daycare" - a family friend watches him a couple of mornings a week while Mo begins teaching during the day. It's a nice setup (we think) as our friend has 2 year old daughter at home too - they have had a good time together in the past! It is fascinating to watch Ewan watch other kids play - he gets so excited!

Later.

MountainDrew

Monkey
Aug 15, 2007
Morning monkeys! Found out last night that I made over $300.00 selling my old video games on ebay. Almost all of them have already be paid for. Paypal can be good sometimes! Now I need to see what else I can sell so I can get my new ride! Looks like the Jackal frame is next to go!

Have a good day all!

mudgirl

Molester of monkeys
Jun 8, 2007
Tied up in the basement
Morning monkeys!

Cold here. Hoping for some more snow today & tomorrow so I can ski tomorrow night. Last night was more snowshoeing.

Still going 'round and 'round with the insurance company so I can get my car fixed after the deer attack. God, I love it. So much fun!!! :disgust1:

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Today = Ewan's 1st day of "daycare" - a family friend watches him a couple of mornings a week while Mo begins teaching during the day. It's a nice setup (we think) as our friend has 2 year old daughter at home too - they have had a good time together in the past! It is fascinating to watch Ewan watch other kids play - he gets so excited!

Later.
We had a similar setup for Colin in his first 6 months, but she got to be too expensive(or rather we were just plain paying her too much) and we switched to a local daycare at half the price. It sucked the first 3 months because he had a constant cold from all the other babies around, but once his immune system got revved up, it's been awesome.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Yo. Work is meh. Paying off my Sinister Gruitr frame today - should have it by next week! Riding the trainer in my basement tonight until I puke.

Later.

We were lucky with Syd. My sister was a "live-in Nanny" for the first 3 months that I went back to work and then I had the summer off and we eased Syd into daycare (weekly playdates) with a neighbor whose daughter is 5 days younger. Now, they are best friends and play together SO well. We're lucky to have someone that she loves like family.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Monring. Back at work today. Lots to catch up on after only one day out. Spin class tonight. Not sure how excited I am about that this week... :dead: Got a message this morning that a friend might have a line on some cheap brakes for my DH rig , so that's encouraging. Gotta give him a buzz this afternoon and see...

Have a good morning all, I'm off to get more javahhhhhh!

Oh, and as far as daycare, my sister-in-law runs a daycare, so both my kids have been watched by family since day one. Pretty lucky! :)

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Morning all. Another cold day here. I have finally admitted that I need to go to the Dr. and I don't like it. I have been having issues with my shoulder since last fall and it's been getting worse lately. It's at the point where my range of motion is very limited due to the pain and I am afraid that I might not be able to pick-up Syd or carry her if it gets worse. It sucks, but hopefully it's just a strain or something minor and it'll get better fast. Going to call the Dr. now to schedule an apt.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
morning...

not much here either!

sounds like everyone around here is winding down from a super eventful MLK day! :biggrin:

hung out on the Bongo board again last night...

PT tonight for the last time (I think)... I will be sad to not have that to look forward to!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning - hockey and Liam's band concert last night. Their final song was a Star Wars medley of sorts - and it kicked ass - especially for a 6th grade band. :thumb:

Tonight - Connor's 4th grade band takes the stage. :cool:

Going over to pick up some Hayes Hydros and a repair stand from a local guy today. I helped him sell a frame so in exchange he's giving me the brakes and the repair stand. :monkeydance:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Morning - hockey and Liam's band concert last night. Their final song was a Star Wars medley of sorts - and it kicked ass - especially for a 6th grade band. :thumb:

Tonight - Connor's 4th grade band takes the stage. :cool:

Going over to pick up some Hayes Hydros and a repair stand from a local guy today. I helped him sell a frame so in exchange he's giving me the brakes and the repair stand. :monkeydance:
Star Wars was a popular choice this spring...I am doing it with my 4-6 grade band too.

BussaFrame

Monkey
Apr 19, 2005
Morning. I just got cleared to start riding again. Now I have to figure out if I'm going to build my fully back up, or pick up a new ride for 08.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
You mean good cornering doesn't include sliding sideways on the trail until a tree catches you? :confused:
hahaha - well it could, but I'd rather nail it and become more confident in tight situations. Even though I won that Mt Ashland Super D last year, I KNOW that I could have been even faster if I could flip around turns faster.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Morning! I watched Between the Tape last night and realized I need to work on cornering.
Hell, I watched a youtube video the other night of the Duryea Downhill race this past May -watched me and 2 other riders come around the corner....what a shocker - I'm all over the place braking hard and looking rough in a very bad way. This guy Donny comes through, rails the turn and flawlessly hits the 'bunker jump'...no wonder he beat me by 10 seconds. So, turning better is in my future as well!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
hahaha - well it could, but I'd rather nail it and become more confident in tight situations. Even though I won that Mt Ashland Super D last year, I KNOW that I could have been even faster if I could flip around turns faster.
I can rail most corners but I am incredibly horrible at switchbacks.