Quantcast

***Wednesday GMT***

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

Another beautiful, mid-70's day here in central NC. Things are supposed to cool down a bit to the low 60's for the rest of the week....oh well, I guess I can handle that....:D

I'm not really sure I did much of anything important yesterday. I picked up Colin from MILF-Land Daycare yesterday, and from there on out, just goofed around the house until bedtime. I'm approaching Rip-levels of excitement over here.......

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
morning G-hound

the road to school is closed on the western end... and it only has about another 4" to go on the East end before we are stuck at school!:disgust1: Our school is basically an island when the flooding starts! We are supposed to get more rain throughout the day! :lighten:

I had the first band bractice with a blues band last night at a practice studio where all the instruments are mic'd, and as we are leaving the studio the owner hands us each a CD with almost the whole session on it! When I got home last night I found Bek sleepin on the couch so I popped in the CD and said... do you wanna hear some of the music we are doing? (she hasn't heard me play with a band since we have been together... she saw me a bunch before we knew each other...) she listens a bit and said "are the other guys any good?" I said "well do you like Sam's voice?" she bounced up and said "WAIT... IS THAT YOU GUYS?" I looked at her puzzled and said "well yeah..." she about sh!t at how good it sounded and the quality of the recording... so today I am listening and dig'n it! :thumb: I am pretty stoked at how good it sounds and it was only the first practice!

wait'n for bikey parts and stuff!

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Happy Lent, y'all! Spent Mardi Gras as about as exciting as I could make it in PA. Supposed to be a record breaking 68 today! Last record high this warm was 1884 when Al Gore's great-granddaddy invented the first global warming...

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
'Morning, Yo!

15 minutes till I am off work. It's been golden bananas and forgotten passwords all night long. But I don't have to be back at work till sunday night so I got that goin' for me.

Sleeping till about noon today, then who knows....

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
I had the first band bractice with a blues band last night at a practice studio where all the instruments are mic'd, and as we are leaving the studio the owner hands us each a CD with almost the whole session on it! When I got home last night I found Bek sleepin on the couch so I popped in the CD and said... do you wanna hear some of the music we are doing? (she hasn't heard me play with a band since we have been together... she saw me a bunch before we knew each other...) she listens a bit and said "are the other guys any good?" I said "well do you like Sam's voice?" she bounced up and said "WAIT... IS THAT YOU GUYS?" I looked at her puzzled and said "well yeah..." she about sh!t at how good it sounded and the quality of the recording... so today I am listening and dig'n it! :thumb: I am pretty stoked at how good it sounds and it was only the first practice!

Awesome!! ...You're gonna have to start working on those rock star poses!:rockout:

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
morning G-hound

the road to school is closed on the western end... and it only has about another 4" to go on the East end before we are stuck at school!:disgust1: Our school is basically an island when the flooding starts! We are supposed to get more rain throughout the day! :lighten:

can we book you guys now for MonkeyFest?

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
hi everyone ...
snow, snow, freezing rain, snow, sleet, snow and some more snow. :disgust:

greyhound: lol @ "milf-land daycare" ... pics?

brungeman: do you have any music online so we can listen?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
It has rained every day for a week straight. Expecting more tonight. This was supposed to be a dry winter.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
hi everyone ...
snow, snow, freezing rain, snow, sleet, snow and some more snow. :disgust:

greyhound: lol @ "milf-land daycare" ... pics?

brungeman: do you have any music online so we can listen?
no not yet...

and I am with you! G-hound :picsstfu:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning all. Today's Syd's birthday and she's in great spirits! We got up and made some 'cakes for breakfast and watched her favorite Baby Einstein video and now she's drawing while Mommy "does e-mails" I have such an AWESOME kid. She's got her 2 year check up later this AM and then we're going to try to do some fun stuff together for the rest of the day. The rain's finally stopped and now we're supposed to get some snow. I don't really mind as I haven't really left my house since Friday.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Good morning!! Alpine Meadows kicked my ass yesterday. I did my first double black diamond of the year. That was hard. :) (Scott Chute for you Tahoe locals)

Off to Mt Rose today.

ski vacation > work

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
I had the first band bractice with a blues band last night at a practice studio where all the instruments are mic'd, and as we are leaving the studio the owner hands us each a CD with almost the whole session on it! !

Things have come a long way since the days when you spent the first 1/2 hr of practice trying to find the best sounding spot in the room to put the crappy boombox cassette recorder...

I miss playing in the band sometimes, but not the late hours and the cigarette smoke.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
G'Mornin'. Got some snow last night & more today (lots). I hope they let us out early. If so, I am feeling an early happy hour!

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Things have come a long way since the days when you spent the first 1/2 hr of practice trying to find the best sounding spot in the room to put the crappy boombox cassette recorder...

I miss playing in the band sometimes, but not the late hours and the cigarette smoke.

:clapping: Yep!

I missed it as well... I wanted to play again, but didn't want to deal with the "scene" so I just started playing "blues" open stages and started getting calls left and right! I hate the smoke as well, and the owner of the practice studio last night was smoking like he was in a bar! :disgust1: if that is the only negative of practicing in this space I can take it! :thumb: