Quantcast

***Wednesday GMT***

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

Alright........we're at the halfway point now...you can make it through the week. Just put the knife down and slowly back away. :panic:

It's a rainy, grey day here in central NC.....no dirt jumps tonight. That sucks....we need the rain, but I need the air-time!!! :busted:

Not much going on last night. Colin was in a fussy mood and didn't want to eat much before bedtime. That always means he'll wake up hungry and pissed off sometime during my deepest sleep---where I'm all sucked into the pillows, and the comforter is wrapped perfectly, and I'm dreaming about doing double back flips over 30ft. gaps......yeah, that happened. :shocked:

Since the dirt jumps are out of the question tonight, I imagine I'll be doing some more painting and probably re-install the newly refinished handrail for the stairs. Great.

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Morning monkeys!

Spent 13 hours at St Francis Hospital yesterday watching them pound 130 feet of steel into the ground and measuring the vibrations. What a boring day. At least I got to stay inside most of the day.

Today I may have to go to Shelton to relieve a guy who has a Dr's appointment this afternoon, if the blaster decides to shoot today.

Oh, yeah, the weather sucks today. We had 2 inches of snow, then freezing rain and it's supposed to rain all day.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Watched Westminster Dog Show last night. Happy the Beagle won.

The Neopolitan Mastiff was unfvckingreal. The same with the Tibetan Mastiff.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Mornin' ya'll's.

Going up to Snowshoe tonight to ski tomorrow through Sunday. Good times!

Last night, one of our turtles attacked the other, so, I get to go to the vet today. I also get to go pick up the proofs from our wedding. Fun times.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
On my way home yesterday I saw a house with a bunch of smoke pouring out of the roof. I didn't have my phone on me but there was a guy standing in the front yard. I asked if the Fire department was called, he said yes. I then heard sirens and figured I better get out of the way and went home. Looks like the place got gutted pretty good. I hope everyone inside was alright.

mudgirl

Molester of monkeys
Jun 8, 2007
Tied up in the basement
Morning monkeys!

Yay, it's hump day! :) We got about 4-6" of fresh powder last night on top of ice packed trails, and had one of the best xc skiing nights out of the whole season. It was so awesome! It was almost like downhill skiing on some of the bigger hills. I learned a new turning technique, so that was cool. I also made it down this super big hill without falling down for the first time. I had a fantastic time!

Now it's raining/freezing rain, but it doesn't look like it's melting the snow much. In fact, it looks like it's packing it down to create an even nicer base. Hopefully we'll get some fluffier stuff by the weekend over it!

splat

Nam I am
Morning , Yucky weather here too. we got about 3 inches of Snow then a 1/4 of an inch od Ice on top of thet, it is still freezing rain but suppose to warm up and become just heavy rain.

SInce it is suppose to downpour this afternoon , I decided to drive in. the back roads I drive through were wicked slippery, and I was having a good time slip slidding around the turns. I went around a corner and could see just up a head a SUV wrapped around a telephone pole. No cops, there was another car just infron of me stopping . I stopped too. the Person in the front car was already on the phone with the cops and the driver was OK , Belts and Air Bag. She was OK , a Little Shaky in the legs But OK , Cops arrived I left. Driove the rest of the way Much more cautiosly.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning. Same here as with Splaticus. About 4" of snow and then a 1/4" of ice on top. Still freezing rain now and supposed to continue right through 5pm today. The commute home should be interesting, I saw 5 cars off the highway in the 15 miles between my house and work. Stupid people. :disgust1:

On a positive note, I got the green light from the wifey to travel to Massanutten, VA. for a DH race in May. It will be a my first race on the new bikey and a good time to dial things in before the Mt. Snow Iron Horse Series gets underway. Not to mention 3 days away with the team. Lock up yer womens and yer liquor Westy!! :rockout:

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Morning. Have an exam in a wildlife management class this morning. Got some snow and ice last nite, county schools are closed, but not the university. Dammit.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Morning. Same here as with Splaticus. About 4" of snow and then a 1/4" of ice on top. Still freezing rain now and supposed to continue right through 5pm today. The commute home should be interesting, I saw 5 cars off the highway in the 15 miles between my house and work. Stupid people. :disgust1:

On a positive note, I got the green light from the wifey to travel to Massanutten, VA. for a DH race in May. It will be a my first race on the new bikey and a good time to dial things in before the Mt. Snow Iron Horse Series gets underway. Not to mention 3 days away with the team. Lock up yer womens and yer liquor Westy!! :rockout:

Sweet.
If I had women or liquor to lock up they would be used up before you got here. :monkeydance:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I shoveled in the rain this morning. That has got to be the worst situation ever, shoveling wet heavy snow in the pouring rain.

Last night I got the first real opportunity to use the mower/snowblower combination my dad donated to our family. It F'ing rocked!!!

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Morning! working from home due to the ice and sleet and such. Wasn't having any part of a normally 1 1/2 hour commute being 2-3 each way. F it, this work in sweats instead of a tie is pretty sweet.

Must turn off sports Center.....

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY

I must have gotten lucky - not as much snow/ice and rode behind 2 plows all the way in on the highway - no probs with the commute! The worst part was dropping Ewan off at the sitters - of course they live on the only road in Albany that resembles a backstreet in Dublin or Galway - tight, twisty, steep and covered in ice... Glad I dropped him off before I careened down that road!

And as Tigg said, Team Elevate is headed to Massanutten Resort outside of Harrironburg, VA in May for the Massnutten Yee Haw DH race! A video of the aforementioned Rebel Yell Race can be found here:
http://littermag.com/2008/videos/viewvideo.php?videoID=1080

Tigg, I'm gonna hit Plattekill the week beforehand to tune up, wanna do this?

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
morning all

just got back from a morning shred session at stowe, it was quite good. not as much snow as i thought they were going to get and there was a bit of freezing rain coming down, but it was still good. it had changed back to snow when we left, so conditions should still be good throughout the day.

now it's time to relax for a little while and then study for a big poli sci exam that i have tomorrow.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning all. about 6" of snow here and quite a bit of ice on top of it. It's raining now and Syd & I are having a fun day at home. So far, we have cleaned-up, made a mess, played with the cat, colored and had 2 breakfasts. I am ready for a nap ;)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Morning all. about 6" of snow here and quite a bit of ice on top of it. It's raining now and Syd & I are having a fun day at home. So far, we have cleaned-up, made a mess, played with the cat, colored and had 2 breakfasts. I am ready for a nap ;)
Aubrey is home too. Brinley said her first word yesterday. Baba and pointed and grabbed for her bottle which we've called baba.

MountainDrew

Monkey
Aug 15, 2007
Morning all.

Was an easy drive in compaired to the drive home last night. I guess New Jersey must have given all the plow drivers the day off. My usually hour drive took two, and that is only because I stayed at work till 8:00. Pitty the fools who tried to get home durning the usual 5:00 rush hour.

Have a good day all!