Quantcast

***Wednesday GMT***

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!!

Halfway through the week.....there's no turning back now!!

Relatively tame evening. It looks like we're turning Tuesday nights into Kill-the-TV-Tuesdays. Cranked the iPod and jammed along to some Steely Dan while I grilled some steaks and drank some wine with Justine. Colin has some kind of cold(again--daycare...sheesh) so he fell asleep pretty early. I think Justine is getting it as well, cause she looked kind of exhausted as well.

We had a pretty big rainshower yesterday, so it looks like dirt jumping at Nice Guy Mike's is out tonight. I'm bummed, because last week was so epic, that I've been chomping at the bit to get back out and bust some large ones. Maybe I'll get lucky and the stars will align just right for me to possibly get a nap in after work. Haven't had one of those in a long, long time it seems.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
My nephew is noisy.

The dog isn't quite sure what his purpose in the house is.

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Morning monkeys!

I get to go to Old Greenwich to pull a unit that has been on continuous monitor for a bout 2 months now. That will get me out of the office for at least 3 hours.

Had a good session at my "high impact workout". Worked with a guy who is about twice my weight. That was good, because it made me work the technique, instead of just muscling him.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. Seems like every night is busy for me since teh wife has to work late every night until mid-April. Laundry, dishes, lunches and dinner, taking care of the dog, etc. Oh well....it beats working until 10:00 every night. And I ain't complaining...I don't mind it.

My aching back seems to be acting up again. Getting old sucks. I try to push through it at the gym but I'm afraid some more rest days are in order. :plthumbsdown:

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
We got about an inch and a half of snow last night. Most of the year by far. Paleobiology exam today.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
'Morning. Seems like every night is busy for me since teh wife has to work late every night until mid-April. Laundry, dishes, lunches and dinner, taking care of the dog, etc. Oh well....it beats working until 10:00 every night. And I ain't complaining...I don't mind it.

My aching back seems to be acting up again. Getting old sucks. I try to push through it at the gym but I'm afraid some more rest days are in order. :plthumbsdown:
Advice from my chiropractor (that I tend to ignore, much to my demise) - "rest now, or run the chance of making it worse in the long term".

It's snowing here, not bad but all the slush will freeze over the next 2 days...got in a couple of shipments yesterday - MTX rims from Sun and grips from ODI (plus a huge ass banner, t shirt and stickers the size of my desk, what the hell do you do with them???), Sinister Gruitr frame should be delivered today! The only package that's left now for my build(s) is my E13 order.

Otherwise - dentist today. Horray for teeth.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
I know what you mean, man.....I hyper-extended my knee about two months ago and although what it needs more than anything is rest, the dirt jumps are running perfect right now and I just can't convince myself to go on the disabled list. :imstupid:

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Advice from my chiropractor (that I tend to ignore, much to my demise) - "rest now, or run the chance of making it worse in the long term".

It's snowing here, not bad but all the slush will freeze over the next 2 days...got in a couple of shipments yesterday - MTX rims from Sun and grips from ODI (plus a huge ass banner, t shirt and stickers the size of my desk, what the hell do you do with them???), Sinister Gruitr frame should be delivered today! The only package that's left now for my build(s) is my E13 order.

Otherwise - dentist today. Horray for teeth.
Ha!!! When I first read that, I was like..."He got a huge ass boner over some MTX rims? He must really like new parts!" :biggrin:

mudgirl

Molester of monkeys
Jun 8, 2007
Tied up in the basement
Morning Monkeys!

We got quite a bit of snow here in central NY yesterday! It still hasn't stopped. I'd say we have a good 7" or 8", at least. It's all sticky and stuck to the trees & bushes..... it looks like a winter wonderland out there. I am really looking forward to going out xc skiing tomorrow after work!

MountainDrew

Monkey
Aug 15, 2007
Good Morning Monkeys..

Day off for me. Have the drop the car off at the shop, and then I am off for a ride. Have a happy wednesday all!

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Hey. 2 quite nights in a row. Reading Grisham's new book. Tonight starts Scout meetings the rest of the week. My wife made a pretty good pasta dish last night with egg noodles and an artichoke and parmesean type sauce. Pretty tasty. Have a good Humpty Hump Day!

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
We didnt get much snow, but the ski mtns got about 1 foot so far.

I might be going up to ski Jay for the w/e, I have been wanting to go there for a while but its a long drive (maybe 5 hours), however the chick I'd be going with guarentees its definitely worth the drive.

splat

Nam I am
Morning

Last nights commute home was fun , is was snowing HARD ! the snowflakes were the size of postage stamps , and IT was too dark for me to use my goggles or glasses so I kept getting snow in my eyes , about half way home it changed over to rain. I would have rather had the snow the whole way , but the change over did make the streets nice and clean for todays Ride in, so I used a road bike today.

I have found as I get older that Glucosomien ( sp ? ) has been a god send . I ran out in November and kept forgetting to get more after a couple of weeks my knees were really hurting , I started it again and in a couple weeks my knees were feeling much better.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Morning

I have found as I get older that Glucosomien ( sp ? ) has been a god send . I ran out in November and kept forgetting to get more after a couple of weeks my knees were really hurting , I started it again and in a couple weeks my knees were feeling much better.

Hmm, I ran out 2 months ago and my knees are currently hurting.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
morning...
snow and Ice... here!

I went over to my practice studio to pick up another one of my snare drums after I broke the one I had been using for practices with the blues band. I had Emma in the car and after picking the drum up, I was going to take her to the drum shop to pick up a new head for it. We only made it a few miles before the ice and snow overtook us and I slid into a hillside. 2 more times before being able to muscle and finnesse our way back the way we came, and back onto main roads, and home... then I got the call that band practice was cancelled, and then 10 minutes later, I got the call the bassist quit the band! oh well!

I capped the night off with a couple o beers and played with the little ones !

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning. I did get a bunch of snow up my way. About 10" or so and it's still kinda coming down. Last night was good. Made some chicken parm and chilled with the fam. Spin class tonight. Other than that, not much going on. Oh, got a call from some friends from NYC last night, and their coming up for the weekend. We're going to see U-Melt and The Breakfast in Troy, NY Sta. night. Should be a boogie-down dance party night!!! :banana:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning all. We got dumped on with snow. I was having a heck of a drive home last night (2 1/2 hours -- more than double the norm). At 6pm we had 9" on the ground and it was still coming down like mad. This morning we had a 2 hour delay and I headed out to do some clean-up to discover about 4" more with a giant wall of snow blocking my driveway :rant: I decided I needed more coffee to contemplate my plan and watched the traffic report...accidents everywhere, so I called in! My plan is to clear snow, pay bills, do some scheduling and chill for the day.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I know what you mean, man.....I hyper-extended my knee about two months ago and although what it needs more than anything is rest, the dirt jumps are running perfect right now and I just can't convince myself to go on the disabled list. :imstupid:
I am kind of hoping it'll get better without having to stop lifting weights, running, doing the stair machine at the gym, and skiing. :monkey:

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
Good morning. Long day yesterday, ending with a killer pork chop. Heading to the shop for the day and going at 9 pm to a bar for an acoustic show with a hick that you all wouldn't like.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning - nice report IAB!!

HOckey season is in the home stretch now - only about 3 more weeks of action and we'll be done. I'm actually looking forward to these next three weeks and being finished with the season. It is a long season for us (September into Mid-March).

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Morning. Some numbskull just burned a bag of microwave popcorn in the office kitchen. The whole second floor, and consequently my office, reeks of it. Now I have to smell that crap all day. :disgust:

In other news, I wish it would dry off enough so I could ride some day. Sigh.