Quantcast

***Wednesday GMT***

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!!

Wow....we're already at the halfway point. This week is going by pretty quickly so far. We had a big round of storms that tore through the area last night, and dropped a few twisters close to our area. No damage to us, though....but some people got lots of trees downed and roofs removed. I'm pretty confident that all the grass seed I planted has now made its way to the ocean. :disgust:

Needless to say, the jumps will be a small lake this evening, so no riding for us. I bought a few emerald green arborvitae trees for our front yard yesterday afternoon, so I might try and get those into the ground while it's still damp. Other than that, my mouth is watering for those two big ole fillet steaks that I've got marinating for the grill tonight.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Morning, yo!

Today/Last night is my friday! Woo Hoo! I have the next four days off.

Of course Night Shft Still Sucks.

Have lots of yard and housework planned for the next few days as well as alot of beer, some golf, and (hopefully) some riding.

The wife and I have two things on tap that we're talking about this week. Both are decided. We just need to figure out the logistics of each. We've never done either and both scare the shyte out of us.

I know the smart monkeys on here can probably guess what they are, and that's cool. I am just not allowed yet to let the cat out of the bag. (But sometimes you need to blab!) Both are still in the planning stages, but both processes should be well under way by end of May. (Actually I can blab all I want about one, but I am still under a gag order on the other)

Thanks to those of you who over the last few years have made frank and honest comments about both situations. I am sure that I will fvck it all up, but at least I am not going into this completely blind. Though one might question advice given by monkies and golden bananas.

:D

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
The wife and I have two things on tap that we're talking about this week. Both are decided. We just need to figure out the logistics of each. We've never done either and both scare the shyte out of us.

I know the smart monkeys on here can probably guess what they are, and that's cool. I am just not allowed yet to let the cat out of the bag. (But sometimes you need to blab!) Both are still in the planning stages, but both processes should be well under way by end of May. (Actually I can blab all I want about one, but I am still under a gag order on the other)

Thanks to those of you who over the last few years have made frank and honest comments about both situations. I am sure that I will fvck it all up, but at least I am not going into this completely blind. Though one might question advice given by monkies and golden bananas.

I have no idea what mace boy is talking about...

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Good morning, monkeys. I had a busy but uneventful evening. It's pouring here today. Most of the snow has been washed away. If the snow holds off the rest of the month, MTB season could start early this year.

I too have no idea what Ciaran is talking about.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Morning, yo!

Today/Last night is my friday! Woo Hoo! I have the next four days off.

Of course Night Shft Still Sucks.

Have lots of yard and housework planned for the next few days as well as alot of beer, some golf, and (hopefully) some riding.

I think I have an idea...:thumb:
so here!

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Good morning.
I can see the sun this morning! Damn its been a long time.

I've decided that once Spring arrives I'm going to make friends with a guy named Mike, a nice guy, and build jumps in his yard.

Ciaran: face tattoos for you and the misses?
[size=-2]I have no idea what he's talking about either.[/size]

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
It is all fun and games until you pull the goalie, then it is game on!

I had band practice last night and we auditioned 3 new bassists...:disgust1:

the best of the three was a cool guy, but he just auditioned for another band on Sunday and was iffy on whether he was going to choose us or the other band... If I were him I would choose the other band as well! :disgust1:

needless to say I am tired, busy as hell, and can not take the incompetent people I work with any longer! Every time I turn around the people I work with make more work for me by way of their mistakes and stupidity! :rant::banghead:

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
I've decided that once Spring arrives I'm going to make friends with a guy named Mike, a nice guy, and build jumps in his yard.
It's worth it. But it can be any nice guy.......maybe Nice Guy Barry, or Nice Guy James......the point being is that nobody wants to go to Angry Guy Gary's house, or Pissed Off Paul's to get their ride on. :imstupid:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning. Sleet and rain for us last night. We still have a bunch of snow, but with the mid-40 temps today and tomorrow it will definitely be diminishing. Club meeting cancelled last night due to the weather so got some dinner out (Chinese) and called it a night early. I have a quick Dr. check-up tonight and then it's home to spin and whip up a delicious dinner...any suggestions?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
my Ciaran guesses: total body hair removal for him and her?

:think:

i have to run out the door in just a few seconds for my long, long public transit commute that i'm subject to for the next week and a half...

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning - great night at the rink last night.

My Squirt C Team that I coach beat an A team from Enfield, CT 3-2 last night. That secured win number 20 for us! Not too shabby! We still have a couple more weeks of hockey left, but I like the way we are playing right now going into our final stretch!

Cheers,

Mark

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Yo. Back from interview, waiting for the flood waters to subside so I can get to EMS and pick up my new 5-10's!

Interview was tough- it was a panel with representatives from all over NY State. Felt like the job and all it entails is a bit over my head; and as well, it is an appointment position, so if Gov. Spitzer gets the boot, I (or whomever gets the position) may get the aforementioned boot as well. I did choke at the end when they give you the old 'do you have anything you wish to share or ask us' piece. I asked a bunch of questions, but left out a good finishing line. We shall see. Have to fax in my references. Friggin' stressful to prepare, though - felt like it was the culmination of all the nerves I have felt from every race run X10.

Later!

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
I'm guess in Maceman is getting a dog.... Could be wrong.

I contributed to the delinquency of a minor yesterday. I was working at home yesterday morning while my wife went for a bike ride. The boy was busily playing with his blocks so I kind of tuned him out and tried to work. A few minutes later I noticed it was real quiet. For anyone with a toddler, you know this can only mean one thing, big trouble. So I got up and found the boy nursing on a bottle of hand sanitizer gel. (He apparently shook an end table and knocked it down.)

So I take the bottle away and read the label and it says "Call Poison control immediately" So of course I was freaking out thinking I had just let my baby boy get poisoned and called poison control and told the operator what had happened. She said it was no big deal, they usually only eat a little because it tastes so bad, but that he might act intoxicated because it contains between 50 and 60% ethyl alcohol. Damn, that's like 100 to 120 proof liquor. So for the next hour or so I had to deal with a well buzzed baby. I can laugh about it now but it scared the shiznit out of me yesterday. He was crawling around bashing into things, and laughing his little skinny baby butt off. When my wife got home I told her what happened, went to work and left her with a baby with a hangover. Apparently he slept all afternoon.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
morning all

got up early today and went to the gym to lift for a little while. i need to do this more often, i'm feeling pretty damn good and all i did was an upper body workout since i'm giving my achilles tendon some time to recover. although i did get outlifted by some lady who had to be pushing 60 on the chest press... :disgust1: oh well, it was only by like 20-30 pounds and they don't call me skinny mike for nothing.

on tap for today i have a 4 page poli sci paper on comparing sweden to the us and a bunch of random sketches to do in my sketchbook for art. if i can just sit down and focus, the paper shouldn't be too hard to get done. i also need to get a bunch of laundry done and pack for spring break as i'm heading home tomorrow after classes are over. it's going to be a busy day.

We've never done either and both scare the shyte out of us.
piihb? :p

kingbee

Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Ohio
Mornin'

Went and got some wings with my brother while he was home for the week. Its been a while since I had wings, I forgot how much I really love them. Too bad they aren't good for you.

Came home and started to tear down the road bike. I have put 3 seasons on it and have never re-built it. I cant seem to get the crank to come off. I'm going to pick up a longer wrench today. I need more leverage.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
I'm guess in Maceman is getting a dog.... Could be wrong.

I contributed to the delinquency of a minor yesterday. I was working at home yesterday morning while my wife went for a bike ride. The boy was busily playing with his blocks so I kind of tuned him out and tried to work. A few minutes later I noticed it was real quiet. For anyone with a toddler, you know this can only mean one thing, big trouble. So I got up and found the boy nursing on a bottle of hand sanitizer gel. (He apparently shook an end table and knocked it down.)

So I take the bottle away and read the label and it says "Call Poison control immediately" So of course I was freaking out thinking I had just let my baby boy get poisoned and called poison control and told the operator what had happened. She said it was no big deal, they usually only eat a little because it tastes so bad, but that he might act intoxicated because it contains between 50 and 60% ethyl alcohol. Damn, that's like 100 to 120 proof liquor. So for the next hour or so I had to deal with a well buzzed baby. I can laugh about it now but it scared the shiznit out of me yesterday. He was crawling around bashing into things, and laughing his little skinny baby butt off. When my wife got home I told her what happened, went to work and left her with a baby with a hangover. Apparently he slept all afternoon.
Ha!!! ....I'm LMAO over here. We've been down that road. For some reason, babies are enthralled with the hand sanitizer. Maybe add some cherry flavor and I've got myself a new after dinner drink!!! :lighten: