Quantcast

***Wednesday GMT***

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!!

Not a whole lot to report this morning. Just kind of chugging along through the week. My knee is still killing me from my incident with the stairs on Sunday, so I may try and limit myself to just a few runs at the dirt jumps tonight. We've had some nice, dry weather for a few days, so I imagine they're lightning fast......and that equals awesome. Gimp stick or not, I'm riding!! Yaaaarrrrrr!!! :pirate2:

Hope everyone makes it through the day without getting yelled at, pissed off, marginalized, forgotten, depressed, constipated or fired!!

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Morning G-hound!

sup wit da knee? Same one you had surgery on?
ran around after work with the girls then off to a drum shop across town to pick up a new snareside head and a few misc. pieces for my vintage snare since I broke my newer one. :disgust1: Then we had band practice and auditioned a new bassist, and he was fantastic! better than the original guy we had! he really played great picked up on the parts quick and for me was awesome to work with and build off of! Now I don't know if I am going to quit or not! he was a lot of fun to play with... :huh:

have a good one!

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Good morning, all.
IAB, that's wall shaking excitement there! Mine was about as fun. Back to the hotel, workout in the "gym" and dinner and bed. Meh. Traveling back home today for a few days before hitting the road again. 14th wedding anniversary today, can't believe that girl has put up with my dumb ass for this long.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Morning G-hound!

sup wit da knee? Same one you had surgery on?
Yeah...same one. Just got finished paying for the last surgery too. It's pretty dead.... what I really need to do, is to take about 6 months to a year off of jumping to heal up properly, but there's no way in hell that's gonna happen. At 35, the window for still being able to do this stuff without too much fear starts to get smaller and smaller---and my copays are getting higher and higher!! :busted:

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning peeps. Boss is supposed to be here today. Blah!!!! :mad: Another quiet evening last night. Had some of that homemade pulled pork :drool: . Have some more with me for lunch today! :thumb: Watched some TV, etc., etc., etc... Spin class tonight. Not much else going on.

Enjoy your Humpday people!!! :)

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Free coffee and cheese danish in HR this morning!

I do believe I am on a sugar and caffeine buzz....

:beerjam: :panic:

I think this is the most HR has done so far this year. :think:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Good morning, all.
IAB, that's wall shaking excitement there! Mine was about as fun. Back to the hotel, workout in the "gym" and dinner and bed. Meh. Traveling back home today for a few days before hitting the road again. 14th wedding anniversary today, can't believe that girl has put up with my dumb ass for this long.
Happy Anniversary!!!

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Splat, that's a sharp looking avatar! Story behind it?
NICE TIGG-HAWK!

Yo. finished putting all the parts on the Gruitr last night after the little one dozed off. Just need to tighten everything up and clean up my shifting!

"Made" my own front brake adapter last night. Called Marzocchi, who basically stated that there is no such thing as a 185mm adapter for Avid brakes that will work with their thru axle singlecrown forks, but that I should use the "spacers" that came with the fork (???). Anyhoo, grabbed some 4mm Hayes spacers, some E13 "black" chainguide spacers and voila! perfect alignment. Ditched the stock Avid bolts and grabbed some old post mount ones that were longer - made it all the way through the double spacers and almost all the way through the adapter, so I should be OK (or will I kill myself with this setup?).

Later!

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
good morning.
I think I have the flu, or at very least a wicked-ass cold. Ugghhh.

It's supposed to hit 50 and be sunny today. Bring on Spring already.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
NICE TIGG-HAWK!

Yo. finished putting all the parts on the Gruitr last night after the little one dozed off. Just need to tighten everything up and clean up my shifting!

"Made" my own front brake adapter last night. Called Marzocchi, who basically stated that there is no such thing as a 185mm adapter for Avid brakes that will work with their thru axle singlecrown forks, but that I should use the "spacers" that came with the fork (???). Anyhoo, grabbed some 4mm Hayes spacers, some E13 "black" chainguide spacers and voila! perfect alignment. Ditched the stock Avid bolts and grabbed some old post mount ones that were longer - made it all the way through the double spacers and almost all the way through the adapter, so I should be OK (or will I kill myself with this setup?).

Later!
post a pic if you can! that may be a bit sketchy! remember there is a TON of force on the brakes!

what you may be able to do is make a template with what you have mocked up and have a machinist duplicate it out of a plate of Al.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning -

Tonight my Squirt C Hockey Team begins our state tournament with a 7:20 pm game against West Hartford's Squirt B Team. Hey IAB if you are looking for some cheap entertainment tonight - the game is at the International Skating Center in Simbsury. C'mon out and root on the Stars! :)

MountainDrew

Monkey
Aug 15, 2007
Morning All,

Found out that an ex co-worker of mine committed sucide last week. HR is going to have people here today incase anyone needs to talk. The guy worked the night shift, so I didnt really know him, but its still sh!&ty.

Besides that it looks like the trails are starting to dry out. Will I be able to get out on some dirt today?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning all. Had a trail committee meeting at my house last night so a few cold tops were consumed and some work was accomplished. After everyone left we all headed to bed early.

Good lesson groups so far and next up is my full band rehearsal. I am SO psyched for my interview tomorrow that I can barely sleep or think about anything else.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
I grilled chicken thighs last night. Basted in KC Master piece + Texas Pete + Emril's Bayou Blast. They were so good. I'm having left overs for lunch. :drool: It was nice and warm so I let the boy crawl around and eat old moldy acorns. It's really the first time where he has been old enough to crawl around and the yard wasn't soaking wet and muddy. It was like he was seeing a whole new world.

Tonight I ride on dirt. Yes, Excellent.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Morning all. Had a trail committee meeting at my house last night so a few cold tops were consumed and some work was accomplished. After everyone left we all headed to bed early.

Good lesson groups so far and next up is my full band rehearsal. I am SO psyched for my interview tomorrow that I can barely sleep or think about anything else.
Good luck, Treesaw!

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
I was treated to views of a giant herd of deer outside of town on one of the big ranches. Then on a shaded section of a hill climb one jumped out in the road in front of me. We just both stopped and stared at each other before he/she gently walked off.

Thank god for bikes and the freedom they give me.

cadmus

Monkey
May 24, 2006
PNW
Day Light Savings ROCKS! I went riding after work. WOOHOO
I'm hoping to get a trail ride in tonight!

The wife made some awesome stuffed peppers last night, and I too am having leftovers for lunch.

Who's had to mow their lawn already? I cut mine Saturday and now I'm thinking "WTF was I thinking"