Quantcast

***Wednesday GMT***

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!!

Hope everyone is hanging in there this week so far. It was a rather bland evening for us. Colin and I played on the swingset until dark, and grilled some chicken later on for dinner. Tuesday is kill-your-TV night around here, so we jammed out on some tunes while we had dinner. That's about it, really. Of course, it's Wednesday.....that means dirt jumping at Nice Guy Mike's. Hopefully, the sun will stay out today long enough to dry things out so we can ride.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
'morning Greyhound.
kill-your-tv night ... I like that.

I think the sun might peek out today, or maybe not. :think:

I hope to finish up work early and go street riding this evening, as all things dirt are waterlogged.
Have a great day everybody.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. I took a half day yesterday so I could be there when our spin bike was delivered, but the numbnut drivers decided not to deliver the thing because no one answered the phone when they called. A) They said they'd deliver between 2 and 4, yet they called at 12:15. B) We asked for a call just as a courtesy, not as a confirmation to deliver the thing. Morons. Also, I grilled a steak last night that sucked. It was a one pound ribeye and the damn thing was 50% fat and bone. :plthumbsdown: To top it off, Wife is still sick and feeling like hell.

Other than that though, I guess it was a decent evening. :p I finally got around the cleaning some of the basement.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
morning,

lost my ipod somewhere last night! :banghead:

Was late to band practice because of Emma's first art show at preschool. She was super excited about it so that was cool!

tired now and thats all I got.

hopefully the parts I ordered will come into the shop today! I haven't been in there in a while and need to pick up some other stuff as well! :twitch:tigg:twitch:

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Pissing down with rain here. Alps huh?
It is snowing heavily up top though.
I started marking out my pumptrack. Going to do some digging now.

Have a good day.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Good morning. I am in for a busy month. Met with grant writers yesterday and went ahead and volunteered myself to do the background work on the grant so I wouldn't get stuck doing something I am less good at. Not particularly looking forward to it but it will put me shoulder deep in Milwaukee data which in turn will make my brain grow.

Skipped my run this morning because I slept like **** so I will have to squeeze it in this afternoon and it's frickin 26º outside which makes me really unhappy. The sun'll be out this afternoon though so I can work on my wrist tan.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Got in a great road ride yesterday afternoon. After 3 days of cold rainy cloudy weather a ton of folks were out enjoying the break. Saying that the road ride was on the Booty loop..... the scenery was spot on.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
visited a friend in the hospital after work, stopped by Borders and got a couple of UK-based music mags (The Wire, Plan B), then stopped in @ Newbury and got a handful of cds (slowdive, dirtbombs, pinback, mogwai).

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I was a little pissed off at the world yesterday so I went out for a particularly fast road ride. It was windy but I still managed a fast speed for this time of year. All was good with the world after that.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
oh, and the warm weather of yesterday got the peepers out of their winter mud holes. hearing them at night is probably my favorite sound.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Yo all. Did a bit of street riding last night in the rain and 60 degree weather, felt good! Sold some bike parts, made dinner and went to bed, ahhh! Neck felt better upon waking, thanks to good old heat + muscle rub. I'm sure street riding didn't help at all, but time is limited nowadays. At least I can finally turn my head to the left now.

Today = some baptism crap to do post work and hopefully get the Gruitr set for the big "XC" ride this weekend. 1st one of the year, holy crap, will my legs and lungs be cooked!

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
oh, and the warm weather of yesterday got the peepers out of their winter mud holes. hearing them at night is probably my favorite sound.
Actually, the place where we're riding this weekend is filled with peepers...it's deafening at times, until you ride up close to the water. Then it becomes eerily silent.

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Good morning, weather was flawless last night for the Tuesday night ride. A couple of other friends who had planned a different ride showed up at the same place so we ended up with a nice group. Pace was more accelerated than usual so there was still a hint of light in the sky as we were finishing up the loop a bit before 8:00.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning. As Doug stated it was damn warm in our neck of the woods yesterday so when I got home all the kids on our street (including my own) were out raging in my yard. :thumb: Hope this warming trend continues as Jim Mac, myself and a few others have a road trip to the Kingston, NY area to ride on Sat. planned. :monkeydance:

In unrelated news, my boss is a dumb ass. :disgust1:

Last spin class of the session tonight. Rumor has it that it's gonna be a real torture session. :clapping:

splat

Nam I am
Morning !

Last night was our first night of Tuesday Night trail Work. had a crew of 6, hopefully that will grow as it gets warmer. was cooler today , but still took a longer route in to work on my ride in. Think I'm coming down with something, don't feel all that hot , have the sniffles and a sore throat and my wife has the same symptoms . not much going on today

I herd that last night riding home . I loved it it!!!

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Mornin'. Glad to hear al the nice weather post from the monkeys. Thank God this is my last full day in the Upper Left Corner. Heading back East tomorrow. Enjoy those after work rides today!

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Got some parts in and worked on my bikes last night. I love a box of fresh parts. I also scored the chainring I have been looking for on ebay. I need MORE PARTS.

I will be in the Keys in a week. I grew in an awesome pirate mustache in preparation. I don't plan on doing any real work between now and then.

edit: My plan to do nothing is going well.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
morning,

lost my ipod somewhere last night! :banghead:
ooh. :(

Got in a great road ride yesterday afternoon. After 3 days of cold rainy cloudy weather a ton of folks were out enjoying the break. Saying that the road ride was on the Booty loop..... the scenery was spot on.
tittywop

i'm going to try to ride half of monday's long commute today, avoiding the hills by taking a bus from downtown. still feel out of it a solid two weeks since i started feeling sick from the flu.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning Monkeys.

Picked up the kids from school and headed to the rink for tryouts for next season (we did them right at the end so kids would be fresh). Came home in time to watch the UConn women beat Rutgers in a pretty sloppy game to reach the NCAA Women's BBall Final Four. I'm not hoping for a UConn vs. TN showdown in the Championship Game. If that happens it'll probably be the highest watched Women's College BBall game ever. And I hope Geno and the Huskies kick the crap out of Pat Summit and her Lady Vols!

Go Huskies!

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Morning Monkeys.

Picked up the kids from school and headed to the rink for tryouts for next season (we did them right at the end so kids would be fresh). Came home in time to watch the UConn women beat Rutgers in a pretty sloppy game to reach the NCAA Women's BBall Final Four. I'm not hoping for a UConn vs. TN showdown in the Championship Game. If that happens it'll probably be the highest watched Women's College BBall game ever. And I hope Geno and the Huskies kick the crap out of Pat Summit and her Lady Vols!

Go Huskies!
I'm pretty sure I wouldn't watch that if they were playing in backyard.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Morning monkies!

I got a good hilly ride in after work yesterday - a solid 28 miles with plenty of granny climbs. Whew! Today I'm riding something a bit flatter after work and counting the hours. SWEET

mudgirl

Molester of monkeys
Jun 8, 2007
Tied up in the basement
Went for my first road ride of the season last night with the local cycling club! It was about 60 degrees when we started. Halfway through the ride, the skies opened up and it poured! The wind howled and blew the rain sideways, and the temp dropped to about 45 degrees just like that! I got back to my car, took my socks off, and I wrung them out, they were so soaked. I looked like I'd been out mountain biking, since both my bike and I were covered in mud. I was really living up to my username last night. :biggrin: But it was all good...... really fast, good ride!!

Today is much cooler, temp-wise, but at least it's sunny! Alas, no riding for me tonight, as I'm on kid duty. But I'll be out there again tomorrow night!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Afternoon all. Fun day so far for me. I managed to ship my bike off to CA for the LUNA Summit next weekend so now I get to worry about it until it arrives. Yeah me!

By the time I got home last night it was raining so we played in the warm-ish rain for a few minutes and then went back inside.