Quantcast

***Wednesday GMT***

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!!

We've made it to the halfway point, so hang in there a few more days and they'll release us back into the wilderness....

Nothing much happening last night. Colin and I hung out and played for an hour or so after work. Hit the grocery store because the fridge was lookin' pretty bare. Colin still has a touch of the tummy bug and exploded last night just as Justine was walking him down the hallway to bed. I must have went through 4 big towels trying to get that mess cleaned up. Ugh. The joys of parenthood, huh?

It's Wednesday, so that means dirt jumps at Nice Guy Mike's......not sure if we're dried out enough for that to happen, but we're supposed to get into the upper 60's today so maybe everything will work out.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I am finishing loading the car and headed to the Keys for a week. Have a good week monkeys!
Have a good vacation! Take pics.

Good morning, yo. Rode the spin bike for an hour last night. I wish we would have bought that thing sooner. I'm really liking it. A ride would have been better but I didn't have time. I'm planning on a road ride after work today.

Have a good one, monkeys.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
'morning everyone.
Got a call at 1:30 this am telling me that my grandmother died :( so I believe I may fly out to NH and comfort my my Mom / help make arrangements. She was the last of my grandparents and lived almost 94 years. Sigh. So, call your folks and grandparents today and talk for a while.

For now, lots of coffee (didn't sleep well after that) and a crappy day at the office getting caught up on paperwork.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Morning. Actually woke up on time today. Pretty slow night last night. Watched the Biggest Loser while eating cake, so I had to laugh at myself. Tonight is Scout night, so it'll be mo' busy. Last day in the office, working from the house tomorrow (my Friday) and next week it's off to Jacksonville, Fl (world's largest trailer park) for a couple o' weeks for work.

EoD, enjoy your week in the Keys!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'morning everyone.
Got a call at 1:30 this am telling me that my grandmother died :( so I believe I may fly out to NH and comfort my my Mom / help make arrangements. She was the last of my grandparents and lived almost 94 years. Sigh. So, call your folks and grandparents today and talk for a while.
Sorry to hear about your loss, Nick. I lost mine less than a month ago. Sucks for sure.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
EOD, have a great time!

G-hound you should see the dj's up here now! BERMTASTIC! Manhattan's bro's put in some overtime this weekend! they are looking pretty bad@ss!

well my day has already started off piss poor! went to fill up the tank this morning and the gas station put new rubber vapor gaskets on the nozzles. As I started pumpin the gas on full bore... the thing ejected out of the tank splashing gas everywhere... I smell like a lawnmower repairman! :disgust1:

other than that... not much here!

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
'morning everyone.
Sorry to hear that, nick. 94 years was a great run. It's probably mind-boggling to imagine all of the changes to this world she saw in her days.

bitingback

Turbo Monkey
condolences Nick!!

morning all

yesterday i had a great ride. there are two trail systems in riding distance from my house so it's made it quite easy to get out there and ride. one of the trails is smaller and has more areas requiring technical skills (which i am void of as a noob). :(

the one i rode yesterday is less technical...but kicks my *ss everytime. it's great. lots of steep inclines...but when you're going down...it's the BEST. :brows: even found one path yesterday that had spots where i'm sure i could catch some air with a little practice.

sure wish there were some local (NOT LOCO) monkeys that i could ride with. :(

some pics...

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning sluts. :D Decent night last night. Did nothing and that was just fine by me! :thumb: Tonight I have a pre-race meeting for the support staff of the Battenkill Roubaix. I'm pretty sure it's just going to go over how to hurl beer bottles at Douglas's head whilst driving at 30mph. :clapping: Tomorrow night I'm going to see Umphrey's McGee play in Troy, NY. Can't wait!!! :monkeydance:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Morning sluts. :D Decent night last night. Did nothing and that was just fine by me! :thumb: Tonight I have a pre-race meeting for the support staff of the Battenkill Roubaix. I'm pretty sure it's just going to go over how to hurl beer bottles at Douglas's head whilst driving at 30mph. :clapping: Tomorrow night I'm going to see Umphrey's McGee play in Troy, NY. Can't wait!!! :monkeydance:

It would be easier to hit Douglas if you were going the same speed, say 5mph?

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Wow, a lot of Dougie boy bashing over the last 2 daze, too bad he's out training to outrun Tigg's bottles as we speak, otherwise he'd be planted on his arse (like the rest of us) defending himself!:shakefist:

Nick, sorry about your loss...

Bled Mo's brakes last night and did more work on my R9 - changing out brake pads - the old ones had rust on them??? Must have been metallic sintered, then rusted up after the snow race!

Question: is it possible to "overfill" a brake when bleeding? Despite resetting the pistons before the bleed, they pushed out post bleed. So, I took out the pads, reset them etc. then tried to center the caliper and they pushed out again. The lever feels fine, not mushy at all. There just seems to be less "space" between the pads and the rotor now. I guess I could briefly open the bleed valve on the caliper (with brake pads out and rags ready) and let a little fluid out??? Anyone have an idea?

Today = make it through work, then hopefully cut out early to do a quick xc ride. Today is my Friday! No work until next Tuesday! But I am home doing chores/spring cleaning whilst we prepare for the onslaught of relatives for Ewan's baptism this weekend - the church is pretty cool - super diverse and inclusive group of folks.

Later on - Jmac.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I watched my son's middle school baseball game after work last night. They lost 15-11 but Liam got some playing time as a 6th grader. The coach even put him behind the plate and he did a good job catching back there. Connor had soccer practice right after.

Note to self - bring bike with you on nights like that just so you can ride around and goof off in between innings!

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Good morning,

Nick, sorry to hear of your loss.

Late, late, late today. Everything is piling up.

Had a great ride last night, first spin on a new set of Eskar 2 bliss tires. Very impressive. Took the bike up to the next level. If they hold up as well as they rode last night I'll be ecstatic.

Getting out again tonight for two in a row. Location as of yet still unknown.

Have a good day.

cadmus

Monkey
May 24, 2006
PNW
I'd like to get a ride in tonight, I haven't ridden since Thursday - well, I've pulled the kiddo around in the bike trailer, but that doesn't count.

Swam a mile for the first time this morning. My shoulders and back are feeling it already.

Today might be my Friday, still waiting to hear back. I'm off Friday, but wanted to add tomorrow to make it a four-day weekend. We're heading to eastern Washington for the weekend.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Today I ordered a Camelbak for my fiance'. She's been talking about hiking a lot lately, and I figured this would get her out on the trails (although, sadly, not on a bicycle).

I'm going for a night ride tonight, and had a good 8 hours of sleep last night, so I'm feeling pretty good.

So far, today is a good day.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Today I ordered a Camelbak for my fiance'. She's been talking about hiking a lot lately, and I figured this would get her out on the trails (although, sadly, not on a bicycle).

I'm going for a night ride tonight, and had a good 8 hours of sleep last night, so I'm feeling pretty good.

So far, today is a good day.
Good to see ya in the GMT today. BTW.....the pic you posted in the "Perfection" thread was really cool. It was like inviting a thousands of people to a really special moment in you life and getting us all to hide successfully behind one really small rock!! :clapping:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
'morning everyone.

For now, lots of coffee (didn't sleep well after that) and a crappy day at the office getting caught up on paperwork.
:( Sorry for your loss. Safe travels to you. We just visited my husband's grandmother (also 94) and try to see her as often as we can because I want my daughter to know her before she goes.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Afternoon all. Beautiful day here so I am planning on grabbing Syd and hitting the road for a ride. We pedalled around the neighborhood last night and she even tried riding Mommy's bike (which was hilarious and we should have had the camera to take pics). Today is my last day of school until the 21st!!! I am out tomorrow grading teacher certification exams all day and then on Friday I am in CA for the LUNA Summit. YEAH!!! It's going to be a fun weekend for me and next week is school vacation. :D

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Afternoon all. Beautiful day here so I am planning on grabbing Syd and hitting the road for a ride. We pedalled around the neighborhood last night and she even tried riding Mommy's bike (which was hilarious and we should have had the camera to take pics). Today is my last day of school until the 21st!!! I am out tomorrow grading teacher certification exams all day and then on Friday I am in CA for the LUNA Summit. YEAH!!! It's going to be a fun weekend for me and next week is school vacation. :D
Livin' la vida loca!!

I need a vacation.....something tropical. ....Drinks in coconuts with little umbrellas in them. Yeah, that's the ticket.