Quantcast

***Wednesday GMT***

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

Alright.....we're at the midway point.....stare blankly into the opposite wall for a good two hours this morning, and you're practically almost at lunch. Leave a bit early, and it's like Wednesday never happened.

Nothing much going on yesterday, I mowed the back yard and sprayed some weeds after Colin and I got home. Justine got off work and she joined us on the back patio for some chalk drawings. I grilled some chicken and tinkered with the bike while she got Colin ready for bed. Steely Dan was our music selection for kill-your-TV-Tuesday, and I was beat so I hit the bed around 10.

I doubt we'll be jumping at Nice Guy Mike's this evening since we've had some showers off and on for the last few days, but if the sun comes out long enough today, we might be in business.

Later!!

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
To my dismay, there are guidos in NC. And they were at the BRMC concert I was at last night. Lots of fist pumping and noxious cologne. Cool show though and watching the Flyers advance in the playoffs while I was there was a bonus.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Good morning! Wifey and I went for a road ride last night, and it was good. It was a beautiful night for a ride. We were at a red light and a car rolled up next to us honking their horn. The driver (a high school kid, I presume) had his window rolled down and I said to him "Do you have a problem?" He just looked at me like a 'tard and said nothing. Wild times, I tell ya. I almost pulled a knife and threw coffee on him.

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Morning monkeys!

Yesterday was uneventful. The woman who's house I set up at, that was over a mile away from the blast, is a real whack job. She is convinced that, just because they had to blast to put in their basement, that their house didn't, and won't, settle. All the defects in her house is caused by blasting. I set up my machine much more sensitive than usual, and I stood by the machine during the shot. I could feel an extremely slight vibration in my feet, and felt absolutely no overpressure (shock wave).

Today I'm going to look at houses in Guilford, north of 95.

Broken_Spoke

Mr. Big Hot Pastrami
Feb 26, 2003
Bozeman, MT
Well yesterday was all that eventful for me either. Went to the shop to see if my new bike pack had been shipped and it had. Then in the evening my hopeful more than just a friend lady friend and I went to a bluegrass jam at a coffee house. Turns out I should have brought my mandolin because there were only two guys playing guitar there.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
It's my Friday today! I'm taking off with the fam to go and stay at my grandparents house in PA. My grandpa passed away a few years ago and my grandma went into a nursing home at the beginning of the year so my dad and I will be cleaning out the house. I'm going to try to run down to Gettysburg tomorrow for a day trip. We'll see if that pans out, but most importantly there is a bar 1 block from my grandparents that sells $2 pitchers of Yuengling and my parents will be around to babysit for us!!!!!!!!!!!!!

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Good morning! Wifey and I went for a road ride last night, and it was good. It was a beautiful night for a ride. We were at a red light and a car rolled up next to us honking their horn. The driver (a high school kid, I presume) had his window rolled down and I said to him "Do you have a problem?" He just looked at me like a 'tard and said nothing. Wild times, I tell ya. I almost pulled a knife and threw coffee on him.
at the end of my ride last night, some dude in a beat white convertible buzzed me, put his brakes on, then went over the yellow line...I flipped him off and yelled, I think it was the 1st time I ever I wanted a driver to stop so I could ride up and punch them in the throat.

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Turns out I should have brought my mandolin because there were only two guys playing guitar there.
Good morning,

I have an old mandolin that I found in my grandmother's attic (and I'm old!) It's a Gibson, believe it's an A-2 model from around 1918 or so. No strings, mostly complete.

Did a couple repeat climbs up Shaw Butte last night. First venture up in 90 degree weather. Wasn't as easy this time.

Broken_Spoke

Mr. Big Hot Pastrami
Feb 26, 2003
Bozeman, MT
I have an old mandolin that I found in my grandmother's attic (and I'm old!) It's a Gibson, believe it's an A-2 model from around 1918 or so. No strings, mostly complete.
Take it to a music store (not a Guitar Center or any BS like that) and have it re-strung. They sound wonderful.

MountainDrew

Monkey
Aug 15, 2007
Good Morning All! Looking forward to doing the local shop ride tonight. It will be nice to get out. Other than that...have a good day all!

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Mornin' er'y one.

I've been stuck in an airport/airport hotel for the past two days. Now I'm waiting to get on a flight so I can go be stuck in another hotel. At least this one is not in the airport!

I just keep looking forward to this weekend, its our local Mountain bike festival!

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Bring on 4pm! Hitting Pittstown SF today. Did a quick 'family ride' last night at the local trails, where I shockingly knocked off 10 minutes from my time just this past Friday! (wow, not stopping every 10 feet does help, eh?).

Waiting to see if my wheels get built before this weekend, as I'm hoping to hit Plattekill on the official opening day. They had 50 people last weekend cleaning up the place, and by all reports it looks in tip top shape!

The 1st race at Plattekill on May 4 is actually a Jr expert World's USA Team qualifier race, so it should be interesting!

Course preview pics:

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning. Not much going on. Played with the kids last night and my mom swung by and took us out to dinner. :thumb: Nothing special planned for tonight. Piper has softball practice and then home to BBQ something... :drool: :)

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning all. Had a fun ride with Syd last night while Sq-Earl hit the trails with the guys. Then a relaxing evening at home. Today has been going far too slow and I am ready to strangle one of my worthless co-workers, but other than that, it's going to be a beautiful day!

Hunter

Monkey
Sep 14, 2006
The Right coast
Alright.....we're at the midway point.....stare blankly into the opposite wall for a good two hours this morning, and you're practically almost at lunch. Leave a bit early, and it's like Wednesday never happened.
I like your thinking. I took yesterday off with a friend and mountain biked in NE PA. Killer early season ride, on the bikes for over 4 hours riding some nice rocky terrain. Now today back at work is just depressing. Body and mind are tired, in one of those "I hate everyone" moods.

kingbee

Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Ohio
Had a really great trail ride with the wife yesterday. Cleaned a couple sections that I couldn't last time I was there. My wife was like a billy goat and busted out some impressive climbs too.

Of course when we get home we find out we have no hot water. And I couldn't get the pilot light to stay on. I'm going to get a new thermocouple on lunch today. So the nice evening was ruined by cold showers.

I need a vacation.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Good morning.
One more day of dry windy weather should = dry trails. Woohoo!! I think I'll sneek out this afternoon for some recon.
I've hit the road bike 4 of the past 5 days too. I got sick of careless drivers buzzing me so I found a new route that is not only less traveled but also has a bike lane half the time. It's good for the after work spin.

Have a great day everyone.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Good morning. I commuted in to work this morning and I have officially gotten my legs back. It was a cruise and it was awesome.

We are doing the presidential fitness challenge at work and I am totally neck and neck with our "controller". I had to take a couple of days off of running last week because I was sick and he passed me in score so I am going to ride in every day that I possibly can until I catch up. He saw me on my bike this morning and I told him it was on! He may have won the battle but I will win the war.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Good morning. I commuted in to work this morning and I have officially gotten my legs back. It was a cruise and it was awesome.

We are doing the presidential fitness challenge at work and I am totally neck and neck with our "controller". I had to take a couple of days off of running last week because I was sick and he passed me in score so I am going to ride in every day that I possibly can until I catch up. He saw me on my bike this morning and I told him it was on! He may have won the battle but I will win the war.
What does the "presidential fitness challenge" consist of?

My legs are coming back quickly. Last April, I rode twice all month. This April, I've ridden outdoors five times, plus four sessions on the spin bike. I'm feeling good!

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
In honor of Earth Day, I rode the bike from the house to the trails yesterday. Started at around 7 so I could get some daylight riding in and finished with some night riding. The spring trails are quite a bit different than my normal winter night rides with all the fresh spring growth. Not to mention that the conditions were brutal with 80° temps and ridiculous amounts of humidity.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
What does the "presidential fitness challenge" consist of?
Not **** really. It's the same thing they do in elementary schools all over the place.

http://www.presidentschallenge.org/

You can sign up your company or who ever and then you just log your activity for a month and a half, or however long it is. Only 10 people in the building are doing and no one is as close to me in score except for this one guy and it is driving me crazy. What ****ing sucks is I am only 50% of the way to the bronze medal! I barely have a month left, I'll never get gold. I'd have to be working out 3 hours a day to get the gold. I did sign up for the intermediate fitness level though as opposed to beginner so that might be some of the reason.

Running has helped my riding so much this spring. I haven't been riding hardly at all but running has kicked my ass back into shape fast.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
I was sick and he passed me in score so I am going to ride in every day that I possibly can until I catch up. He saw me on my bike this morning and I told him it was on! He may have won the battle but I will win the war.
Get us a name and address and someone will hit him in the knee with a baton.

cadmus

Monkey
May 24, 2006
PNW
Not **** really. It's the same thing they do in elementary schools all over the place.

http://www.presidentschallenge.org/

You can sign up your company or who ever and then you just log your activity for a month and a half, or however long it is. Only 10 people in the building are doing and no one is as close to me in score except for this one guy and it is driving me crazy. What ****ing sucks is I am only 50% of the way to the bronze medal! I barely have a month left, I'll never get gold. I'd have to be working out 3 hours a day to get the gold. I did sign up for the intermediate fitness level though as opposed to beginner so that might be some of the reason.

Running has helped my riding so much this spring. I haven't been riding hardly at all but running has kicked my ass back into shape fast.
I hear you on the running. I've lost about 20 lbs this year training for a triathlon, but have been unable to run the last 3 weeks due to a foot injury. Zero wieght loss during that time, even though I was riding or swimming 5-6x/week (but I didn't gain any either). The running resumed Sunday and I swear I can feel the wieght coming off again.