Quantcast

***Wednesday GMT***

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

We had an intense round of storms rip through the area last night. I was refilling the kiddie pool and got chased out of the yard by some serious lightning.

Busy day today....the storms kicked out our air compressors here at work which opened up some automatic valves in our deionization plant--running the water out of all of our tanks. Long story short, it's going to take a good while to clean up and refill everything this morning. Ugh.

Maybe some digging at the trails tonight....we'll see.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Morning all. Calmer weather today, hopefully a lunchtime ride in store. Today is my Friday before the Reno trip next week.

Luckdog

Chimp
May 21, 2009
Cape cod area
Good morning,

Well last night went to the gym and kicked my butt. It's cold and rainy in Beantown, woke up and it was a cool 54. I’m hoping to get in a ride this week if the weather will allow it.
The wife is going thru the change off life and boy the hot and cold flashes are killing my chance of every getting a full nights sleep. I go from being a nicely snug bed bug to woo I’m hot and the sheet getting ripped from my nice slumber and exposed to the chilly night air, what a wake up call at 3am. Then I get “did I wake you” No I was up just pondering life.

Have you ever thought, how did I get to this point in life.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning, noobs. It should be an interesting day of work. The go-live date of our system upgrade has been pushed off five weeks and the new proposed date coincides with our July vacation. Apparently that July date is the only available option for our I.S. team. That wouldn't be such a big deal if I wasn't a key member of the project. Uh oh...

splat

Nam I am
Morning

'Morning, noobs. It should be an interesting day of work. The go-live date of our system upgrade has been pushed off five weeks and the new proposed date coincides with our July vacation. Apparently that July date is the only available option for our I.S. team. That wouldn't be such a big deal if I wasn't a key member of the project. Uh oh...
didn't yo miss a monkey fest for the same reason ?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning all. Rain, rain go away worked as it was raining when I got up and now it appears to be clearing up outside. My jazz group is playing a concert in the park afterschool so that will be fun. Syd & I made them cupcakes (dark chocolate cupcakes with a peanut butter cream filling) last night too so they'll be surprised. I am dead tired this morning and hope I am not getting sick...I just don't feel that great today but I think it's just lack of sleep 'cause I couldn't seem to stay asleep last night :( Oh well. More coffee...that should do the trick!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Serving beers at the David Byrne show tonight. I get a free ticket, free beer and the local MTB club gets paid for my efforts. :thumb:

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Morning!
Another grey, wet day ahead. :dead:
If I'm lucky I can squeeze in a short road ride after work. [size=-3]note: yea, I'm never lucky[/size]

Need coffee.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Interesting day yesterday. Sunny and warm in the morning - went for a nice swim at lunch outdoors, then a huge storm rolled in and there was a flash flood and giant hail storm that left a good 4" of hail on the ground and flooded most streets and intersections. Wet afternoon for riding.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Morning all.

I am officially going under the knife for shoulder surgery July 17th.

My dad's Parkinson disease getting worse. He lost his balance and took a pretty nasty spill while carrying some boxes. Cuts, scrapes, etc. He started getting symptoms a little over a year ago now. Hes only 50. =\

Besides that, I am doing ok.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Put in for vacation today for my trip to Laguna Seca July 3, 4, 5. Still a little freaked out about it because I had some planned upgrades I was going to do to the motorcycle before summer, but now I need to get it ready. Last road trip it got so nasty it took me 3 days to clean it up, so I might find a detail shop to take it to before the show and call it good.

Showing off my bike is a prelude to launching the company. I just thought I would have a little more time is all. If my bike gets picked at the show, then Yamaha wants to take it on tour. Not sure how that works. Either way, I'm stoked just to be invited.