Quantcast

***Wednesday GMT***

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

Not much time to yap this morning....gotta get a few things done before I swing by and pick up the CEO for another day of him looking over my shoulder at everything I do during the day.

Crap.

J-Dubs

Monkey
Jul 10, 2006
Salem, MA
Hola,

Hanging out at work by myself as my counterpart called in and won't be here til lunch. That's good cause I need to tighten a bolt on the header heat shield in my car and can use the garage here at work.

I was going to slack off today anyway, but now there will be no witnesses.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Let's get this Humpday party started! :monkeydance: :banana:

How can us office monkeys not be excited about another full day sitting at a desk. :beerjam:

It feels good to finally be back into workout mode. I still need to be real careful though. I did 20 minutes on the recumbent bike after my workout last night. I'll shoot for 30 minutes tonight.

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Morning monkeys!

Yesterday, BigT and I went to get licensed so we can get married (what a scam) (the getting a license thing, not getting married). We went to South Deerfield, MA because there is also Magic Wings in the same town which is a butterfly sanctuary. We brought our cameras and took loads of pictures.

Yeah, yeah, I know that Yankee Candle is in the same town, but all the scents trigger BigT's asthma, so she won't (can't) go inside.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Morning all. QF, I know, how funny is a marriage license. Good luck to y'all though. Day 3 in Reno, starting to wonder why people live here..no offense, desert air is killing my sinuses. Guess I'm just an eastern flat lander.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning all! Had a nice girls night with Syd...we made cupcakes for her party/picinic today and she was too cute with her apron on (so her jammies didn't get dirty). Mommy even let her sample one that she decorated all by herself! :D It's nights like these that I can't believe I waited to become a Mom!

Not much on deck for today...lots of paperwork to accomplish and coffee to drink.

I am however enjoying bike commuting...I have more energy when I get here and so far the temps have been perfect so I don't stink all day :busted:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
miles has his 2nd playoff game tonight. hopefully the team can pull out another win.

after that i am heading in to see Sir Richard Bishop and his Freak of Araby...very psyched about this.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Haha all you suckers working....
Blue sky day outside, 34 deg C and I've already done a few runs with the chairlifts being open and all that...
Home for lunch, now I'm off to meet up to do some photos...

Enjoy your office cubicles.:cool:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Haha all you suckers working....
Blue sky day outside, 34 deg C and I've already done a few runs with the chairlifts being open and all that...
Home for lunch, now I'm off to meet up to do some photos...

Enjoy your office cubicles.:cool:
Could you make me a delicious savory crepe and send it immediate delivery? I'm hungry and all I have is a LUNA bar ;)

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Oh noes!! Now I have to sit in on a meeting with our best service technician and the CEO about transitioning him back from salary to hourly pay. This will go over about as well as Kirstie Allie at a salad bar. When I warned him about what was coming, he said...."Well...I may not see you on Monday."

A torturous Wednesday. :disgust1:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Oh noes!! Now I have to sit in on a meeting with our best service technician and the CEO about transitioning him back from salary to hourly pay. This will go over about as well as Kirstie Allie at a salad bar. When I warned him about what was coming, he said...."Well...I may not see you on Monday."

:( (we really need the "hug" smilie)!

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Yo, doing a major presentation today, then I'm off the Saratoga to pick up some parts and ride! Upon inspection last night, I discovered that I cracked the bash on my dh bike this weekend. I'm sure it was my own fault, was wondering why I had chain guide problems all last weekend except for my race run, luckily!

Gotta get all set for opening day at Whiteface - offa work Fri 6/19 for it!

EDIT: my 'man in black' shot from Platty!

shot by Voodoohoo.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Called in sick today. Of course I am still just working from home and will be calling in to several meetings. At least I don't have to look at the ugly ****ers I work with.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
How can us office monkeys not be excited about another full day sitting at a desk. :beerjam:
It is pretty easy for me today. the weather is craaaAAppy. I either want to sleep all day or sit eyes glazed over staring at my monitors.

After i finish this project i have been working on I swear snap if I hear the theme song to Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?. :rant::crazy::plthumbsdown:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder

so does moving from salary to hourly change his promotional advancement or other compensation like bonuses (which is how it works in our place)? if he's not losing any $ from a weekly paycheck (ie, his salary is divided by 2080 to get an hourly rate), and is now eligible for OT, it might not be much of a change.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
My short track race last night was tough - really no hills so it was just a hammerfest. No competition but some guys.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
so does moving from salary to hourly change his promotional advancement or other compensation like bonuses (which is how it works in our place)? if he's not losing any $ from a weekly paycheck (ie, his salary is divided by 2080 to get an hourly rate), and is now eligible for OT, it might not be much of a change.
At the time, the CEO was being a bit on the mysterious side of exactly what that rate would be. So, after a few tense exchanges, he got on the horn with HR at the home office and got what you just described above. End result: Employee is happy, so I'm happy.

One disaster avoided....now I have to eliminate our part time employee. So many dirty deeds given to me today. :crazy:

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Morning all.

My arms are sore. I hit the gym yesterday morning to get my arms ready for this weekends race. Its a gnarly, steep, and rocky course that always ends up with arm pump at the bottom. Trying to work on that a little bit this week so it wont be so bad. Well see how that works out. ha

Pretty excited about the race. w00t

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Where is the race?
Doing my first ever Northstar race in Lake Tahoe CA. Yay for lift riding!

I am going to be racing cautious and mostly for fun this weekend because the last thing I wasn't to do is end up in an ER far away from home and also less than a month away from shoulder surgery (July 17th).

I only have 1 more race this season at the beginning of July.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning monkeys!

Yesterday, BigT and I went to get licensed so we can get married (what a scam) (the getting a license thing, not getting married). We went to South Deerfield, MA because there is also Magic Wings in the same town which is a butterfly sanctuary. We brought our cameras and took loads of pictures.

Yeah, yeah, I know that Yankee Candle is in the same town, but all the scents trigger BigT's asthma, so she won't (can't) go inside.
Ummmm.....did you tour the Berkshire Brewing Company while in South Deerfield????