Quantcast

~~~Wednesday GMT~~~

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Hellooooooo...

Quo....IAB...?? Seriously, I'm first one in today?

Slackers...

Wednesday, not sick today, feel better. Had to be the Tuesday GMT hug...

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Morning monkeys!

Geeze, I take a vacation, and everybody gets their panties in a wad. HTFU, I say.

Was supposed to be on my way to the airport right now, but instead, my mother-in-law's battery operated oxygen tank didn't get delivered yesterday like it was supposed to be. We then had to change flights last night, and we are on a later flight, so we don't have to leave for the airport until after lunch. The down side is that we will get to San Antonio around midnight.

Be safe out there.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Quo....IAB...?? Seriously, I'm first one in today?
Don't you hate it when you get to work and are handed a problem before you even get to your desk? Today's problem being a tax reconciliation issue. Exciting stuff I tell ya. Welcome to my Wednesday.

Speaking of Wednesday, today is my Friday. HOORAY!! Six days on Martha's Vineyard starting tomorrow. Getting there will take half a day...3.5 hour drive to parking lot, shuttle bus to the ferry, ferry ride to the main island, shuttle bus to the next ferry, ferry ride to smaller island, car drive to the house. It should actually be fun. :)

I had to take the two greyhounds to the vet last night for checkup/shots. Eight long legs and two leashes just getting tangled all over each other. Goofy dogs. :D

mrbigisbudgood

Strangely intrigued by Echo
Oct 30, 2001
Charlotte, NC
Went out with the wife for the anniversary last night. Ate reindeer, had chocolate soup. Yum. Sat at a waterfront bar and had a couple beers, got to bed around midnight.

Today sucks. Rain. Cold(ish). Tired. Unmotivated.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Got invited on an all expense paid vacation to Portofino Italy and Monte Carlo Monaco. Um.... still in shock.....

Last edited:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning. Heading into school to do some work today. It's REALLY quiet around here without Sydney. She called a little while ago to tell me all about her day and everything that she did yesterday...it's too cute! Ride was rained out so I ended up with a rest day and broke my riding streak. More rain on tap for today so I am not sure about a ride later.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
I was supposed to ride with a VERY GOOD FRIEND OF MINE last night. Pulled into the trailhead parking lot to meet up with him, see his car and no signs of him/bike. I text him that I'm here, to which he replies "turns out I don't really like you, and rather ride by myself", so he heads in and does the ride by himself. Luckily another friend of mine showed up at the same time so I wound up riding with him instead. Dragged me around for 2+ hours at an erratic pace on trails I haven't ridden in 10+ years. 1.9" tires @ ~45psi + wet rock = bad news. End of the ride was completely wet from the pouring rain and dark, ate dookie twice and banged up my arm and hip pretty good. Couldn't wait to get out of there.

To add insult to injury, a couple hours after the ride, I see said VERY GOOD FRIEND OF MINE in Walgreens when I'm picking up milk. He sees me, laughs, and says (sarcastically) "how was the ride, asshat?" I tell him about how bad it was, to which he retorts "now you know why I don't want to ride with you, EVER.......noob." I start to cry so the cashier is a bit freaked out, seeing a 6' tattooed man hysterically crying in line. Then the VERY GOOD FRIEND OF MINE has the gall to say, "why don't you get that tooth fixed, you look like a giant hillbilly piece of sh!t. Get out of my sight."

Tim, want to ride later this week?

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
I like it! Taking 15% factual information and stretching it into a story. :thumb:

I'm actually taking the she-beast up to Mount Washington end of this week, so probably not. But I promise we can ride next week. I swear on my mother's grave.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
I like it! Taking 15% factual information and stretching it into a story. :thumb:

I'm actually taking the she-beast up to Mount Washington end of this week, so probably not. But I promise we can ride next week. I swear on my mother's grave.
Wait until I tell her you called her a she-beast. It'll be the perfect complement for the other comment last week.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Trash Day, put out your cans and stuff.

Morning Monkeys!

Another COLD commute this morning. At least it keeps my speeds bellow 50 when it's chilly, but I don't like riding with the shivers. Seems like ever since I lost all my fat I am much colder. :confused:

I'm not getting fat again, just need MOAR LAYERS.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Riding this afternoon. Hoping to get my DJ built up around my new wheels and give Wifey's bike a tune-up. If I have time, I'd like to get the 303 broken down to the frame for a clean up and rebuild my 36 to bump the travel to 6".

I also want to get a chapter or two in my AutoCAD instructional book done.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Morning Monkies. Today is day 2 of a month without alcohol... or at least... that's what the doc says I should do. I don't really WANT to (see tag line below), which makes it especially challenging to not drink, but I guess I should just drink my dandilion tea and STFU.

Anyhoo, big boss coming up from Portlandia today to see what a spectacular job of hanging out here in the lounge I do all day... um, I guess I'll have to log out for a few hours and try to look busy... wait, I don't have anything to do... crap. I could go for a bloody mary right about now!! :secret:

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
For the love of God, WHY?!?

I'd recommend finding a new doctor.

:monkey:
I know! Right?! Well, partly supposed to clean out the liver and help me sleep, and also I think it has something to do with the fact that I can't remember the last time I went more than a week or so without drinking... wait, I do now! When I was pregnant! I remember, can I have a Corona now?! :thumb:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Have my company pay for Solidworks and have it at work and at home?:p
1. I have no company
2. It's free or out of pocket for me
3. I am both trying to learn how to use it and learn concepts - concepts can be transferred between software packages