Quantcast

###(((( Wednesday GMT ))))###

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning. Syd had girl scouts right afterschool and then we came home and went hiking to find fungus and look for salamanders before dinner. Tonight is swim lessons and Brooks BBQ for dinner which means no cooking for me :) On a higher note, my french pressed coffee is ready. MMMmmmmm.....

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Planing to read my internship contract to see if I can leave early. My learning curve peaked (learning a new program that is intuitive is not an ability) and all the skills I train is not killing my supervisor.

After work an hour on a stationary bike (it rains all the time at 0C) I just plan to chill out and watch a movie or two.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Good morning.
I went riding last night. I LOVE being able to ride right out da garage. Its these early season rides that make me wish I had a 22# bike, Ugh, I'm soft.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
freaky event of the day:

i just began reading an article on gizmodo, and within literally 3 seconds of seeing the headline a report on the exact same topic came on the TV news.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Drove all the way to North Van last night to drop off a bunch of bike parts for the nsmba bike swap.

Great plan. Except for that it is not currently April.

What a dope.

Does anyone actually buy used handlebars? I have many to sell.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
My friend's band is opening for Four Year Strong at a college show tonight. Leaving work early, drinking my face off and hitting on college chicks all night into tomorrow. Unlike DirtyMike, I'm still young enough to get away with it.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Not bad cranks, but 6061, so a bit soft. I had already ordered much 7075 cranks from China, hopefully I will only be off the bike for a week. I get real cranky when I can't ride.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
My plans to watch a movie just went over 9000. Watching a movie I wanted too see, legaly and it's a part of my job. I'm happy

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Morning monkeys from Monterey CA. I was really amazed all of our flights yesterday were on time and actually arrived at their destinations early. That has to be some sort of record for us traveling.

The view of Monterey Bay from my buddy's back deck...

Also took this one of the harbor seals laying on the beach near by...

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Im 32..... WHens the last time you actually went to a college party? Its a mix these days of everything from 18 to 35.... Im going to be attending college soon myself soon as it is.... ALot of people are in college nowadays till 26-30 regulary. We have come to a point in society were four years and an AA isnt enough anymore.
Truthfully, I have not been to a college party since college, which is 4 years ago. The whole career/house/hobby thing gets in the way. When you spend most of your time working and/or doing stuff to the house/cars, you want to spend as little of the time remaining sleeping/vomiting/hungover. When you're in college, there's plenty of spare time for that type of activity.

Tonight will be different though.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Truthfully, I have not been to a college party since college, which is 4 years ago. The whole career/house/hobby thing gets in the way. When you spend most of your time working and/or doing stuff to the house/cars, you want to spend as little of the time remaining sleeping/vomiting/hungover. When you're in college, there's plenty of spare time for that type of activity.

Tonight, you will be THAT GUY.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head

HA..... So instead of your original statement of "Unlike DirtyMike I am young enough to get away with it..."
Truth is you and I are in fact in the same boat.... We have to go out of our way to get away with it these days!.. Welcome to getting older!

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
HA..... So instead of your original statement of "Unlike DirtyMike I am young enough to get away with it..."
Truth is you and I are in fact in the same boat.... We have to go out of our way to get away with it these days!.. Welcome to getting older!
I completely agree, and deep down I'll still feel like "THAT GUY" as Jon put it.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Good morning!
Going to teh local irish pub with the little one and the big one tonight to watch le futbal, go Sounders!
Moar coffee please.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Spent all last night getting the dryer installed, only to find out that the outlet hose in my wall is exactly 4". So is the flex hose I am trying to attach to it... I get to figure this one out this evening.

I also had to wake up 2hrs early to get the office and entertainment system setup for the cable guy who was supposed to show up between 8-9am. He showed up at 8:58am. I'm glad I got up early for that...

On an upside, I got to spend $800 on new struts and springs on the Forester. Both my current struts and my spare WRX struts took a dump in the last 6 months. I guess that last trip across the country didn't handle my suspension well...

Oh, and it feels like our water heater might be going out, and our dishwasher has a heavy coating of either dry soap residue or hard water build up. I now get to see how I can fix this stuff... Yeah for the money pit!