Quantcast

*&^Wednesday GMT^&*

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Morning.

Is it just me or has everyday this week felt like a Monday? Also I can't wait till my son starts sleeping more than a few hours at a time. Damn, I'm tired. Time for moar coffee.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
My Friday.

Pretty good clipped-in trail ride last night. I'm starting to see the point, but now I need better clipless pedals and shoes. Suggestions?

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Happy Wednesday! X3 Jr's 17th birthday today, so it's cookout and hosting a handful of teenagers at the house tonight.

mudgirl

Molester of monkeys
Jun 8, 2007
Tied up in the basement
It's almost noon and there are only 9 posts here? Slow morning...

Great ride last night. We had a girl show up who was out for her second time, EVER, on a mountain bike. She freaking ROCKED it, on a bike that was way too big for her!!!! I couldn't believe how well she did!!! She loved it, too, and couldn't wait for the next ride, even after endo'ing a couple times. I love riding with n00bs like her. They are so full of fresh enthusiasm and make me remember why I love mtb'ing so much.

UNHrider

Monkey
Apr 20, 2004
Epping, NH
My Friday.

Pretty good clipped-in trail ride last night. I'm starting to see the point, but now I need better clipless pedals and shoes. Suggestions?
Im a huge fan of Time pedals. Shoes are a bit more personal, but I like my Scott Team shoes. They have a sweet boa lacing system that feels much better than a normal velcro strap system.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Good morning. Scrambling today to get things ticked off my list. T-minus 19 hours until I leave for the desert race in Reno, and I have things that need DONE. So... why again am I posting on the 'monkey? Because I'm not half smart, apparently.

Hoping for a bike ride this evening with my girl, just to lower the stress level a bit before leaving.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Rain, rain and more rain. I try not to ride muddy trails so no riding today. Last week it was in the high 90's. Saturday I did a 2:40 min ride in the high 90's, then Sunday it was 101°, had the trails to myself. Had to stop a lot to wipe the sweat off my glasses.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Ride was awesome today, overgrown, spiky plants everywhere, rode two extended long am trails today and just loved it.

So the bike isnow very over sprung seeing I am 118 pounds lighter, was more like riding a rigid today but I hauled some serious ass.... did some stupid ****, and loved it

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Ride was awesome today, overgrown, spiky plants everywhere, rode two extended long am trails today and just loved it.

So the bike isnow very over sprung seeing I am 118 pounds lighter, was more like riding a rigid today but I hauled some serious ass.... did some stupid ****, and loved it
Dayum dude, that's a whole person, albeit a small female, but still...Congrats. :clapping:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Does that mean moving?

I dunno. When we were still receiving new airplanes from Bombardier the receiving inspectors were doing 2 weeks on in company lodging up in Canadiastan, then 2 weeks off and flying home. It would seem more problematic to do that from Japan. We don't take delivery till the earliest 2017, so who knows. Ideally for me would be like what they had proposed for Air Mekong, basically foreign resident for a couple years on company dime. :weee:

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Sooo recap on my day, woke up did approx 26ish miles of DH today, came home got shower, changed oil and tires on the scooter, Diagnosed the rear end of my truck to be shot, Got dad home from the hospital, took grandma to the hospital for gall bladder surgery, topped the day off with a two hour pilates session on the reformer...... I am gonna effin hurt tomorrow